The zoo has a fairly large collection of African animals, including giraffes, elephants, jaguars, lions and strange birds and animals I didn't recognize but thought were cool. Lots of walking but the bamboo shaded wooden bridges have plenty of places to sit and rest. The train loops around behind the enclosures and was just okay. Feeding the giraffes, petting the ...
Restaurants near Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
- 8117.01 mi320 1st St N #1, Jacksonville Beach, FL, United States17.01 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens1 review
- 825.64 mi234 A Philip Randolph Blvd, Jacksonville, FL, United States5.64 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
This place is one of the best bars I have ever been to, Great staff, Friendly people, and an overall great environment. The food is absolutely awesome and would expect nothing more from a sports bar.Popular withFoodies
- 835.22 miUniversity Blvd5.22 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens1 review
This Bono's BBQ Restaurant has the best barbeque in America. Yes, I wrote it! It's the best, and I've had barbeque all over America. The taste, the melt in your mouth texture, and the superb aftertaste. The best!Popular withFoodies
- 8412.43 mi
- 8512.51 mi4840 Big Island Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32226, United States12.51 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
Lots of atmosphere options - four separate dining areas, three bars, indoor and outdoor seating, a dozen beers on tap and several dozen bottled. Huge, excellent burgers, fresh seafood pastas and yummy pork shareable nachos. Comfortable, welcoming vibes. Very busy with the young, professional crowd after work and during happy hour. Menu was a bit bland but all-in-all a fun ...
- 8615.81 mi200 1st Street, Neptune Beach, FL15.81 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens1 review
This cute little place is the hot coffee/breakfast and lunch joint in Neptune Beach, FL. We went two days in a row when we were staying at the One Ocean resort nearby. It was walking distance from our hotel and the beach. The service was good, the food was great. They have some hot breakfast items as well as baked ...
- 8713.93 mi9942 Old Baymeadows Rd, Jacksonville, FL 3225613.93 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens1 review
Although a chain, this Tijuana Flats is better than most of the others I've visited. It still offers very inexpensive mexican food and a selection of beers that you order from the counter, but this location often hosts local,accoustic music in their outside seating area. Friendly waitstaff and a good group of regular customers help make this quick stop for ...Popular withBudgetFamiliesStudents
- 8812.5 mi13315 Atlantic Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL, United States12.5 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens1 review
- 8912.46 mi10205 River Coast Dr, Jacksonville, FL 3224612.46 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens1 review
Steel drums play here most nights and with a large outdoor seating area and good happy hour prices until 6pm during the week, this Town Center shopping area chain restaurant fills up quickly with the after work crowd. Portions are large, even the appetizers are "table" sized. Their bow-tie pasta (both jerk chicken and salmon were big hits) easily feed ...Popular withBusinessFamilies
- 907.14 mi
- 9115.82 mi
- 9217.95 mi2400 3rd St S, Jacksonville Beach, FL 3225017.95 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens1 review
- 9316.34 mi
- 946.98 mi1704 San Marco Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 322076.98 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
Friendly place that can really spoil you with their 2 for 1 draught craft beer specials from 2-7. This location in San Marco is a perfectly low key place to grab a brew, a Reuben, and a dessert - but if you don't have room for all, grab a tall, local Intuition IPA.
- 9518.33 mi
- 9615.71 mi
- 9717.95 mi
- 9816.1 mi11111 San Jose Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32223, United States16.1 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens1 review
- 9917.61 mi1281 S 3rd St, Jacksonville Beach, FL 3225017.61 mi from Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
Good mix of locals and tourists. Only problem is that the wait can be quite long on the weekends. Small, cozy, cheap, good food, nice surfing vibe and decorations, friendly staff, local color. What's not to like?
- 1007.16 mi