Jacques Cabaret

79 Broadway, Boston, MA, United States

• Jacques Cabaret
    Jen H
    1 Jul 05, 2012

Wow, I was soooo looking forward to Jacques, but ended up coming out slightly insulted and disappointed. Perhaps, I should have never came on a Thursday night.

Monday-Burlesque Show
    Tuesday-Karaoke
    Wednesday-Drag Show
    Thursday-Drag Show
    Friday-Drag Show
    Saturday-Drag Show
    Sunday-unknown

The show started at 10:30pm with Melinda Wilson as the MC for the night. Charisma and Ashley Michelle were also part of the trio for the Thursday night showcase.

I think what brought my whole experience down was the rudeness of the MC and the lack of enthusiasm from Charisma's set. The MC insulted my friend and was super pushy about tipping her during her showcase. I love to tip, but like anybody else if you're good, you don't have to ask for tip, it will just come to you...right?!

I want to be fair and state why the MC was rude. My friend loves to have a good time and always laugh when she is enjoying herself. To state to the obvious, we were at a drag show where it naturally brings laughter to the night. I can understand sassiness from them, but when 'she' comes up to you and ask, "What's WRONG with you, you high or something?' 'I want your money, not hers'.........not cool, tsk tsk.

Besides those incidents plus a few others, we tried to enjoy the rest of the night. Ashley Michelle was amazing keeping the energy high for the night. It really felt like we got all them in their 'rehearsal' nights. I would not recommend EVER coming here on Thursday, but perhaps Friday and Saturday.

Our ' waitress' Deana, for the night was wonderful. Just be prepared to be asked some very personal and awkward questions.

PS. Jacques open nightly till midnight

1 member's review