Day trip to Bizerkeley
Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- Berkeley Farmers' Market2530 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, CA 94702recommended Berkeley Farmers' MarketGo foe the big one at Civic Center on Saturday morning. Beautiful local organic food as well as Blue Bottle Coffee and prepared foods. Almost all the farmers offerer samples too.
- Moe's Books2476 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, CA
- CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)2399 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley, Californiarecommended CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)I've tried a whole lot of ice-cream sandwiches up and down the California coast, and CREAM gets my vote for the very best. Their selection of ice creams, from regular ol' chocolate to zany seasonal ... read moreflavors, plus the softness of the cookies - snickerdoodles, anyone? - just puts them over the top. If you're anywhere near the UC Berkeley campus, give 'em a try.Sara Benson
Cheap, fun and a quick stop as you're rambling along Telegraph Ave.
- Jupiter2181 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704
- Gregoire2109 Cedar St, Berkeley, CA 94709
- Berkeley Bowl Produce Incorporated2020 Oregon St, Berkeley, CA 94703recommended Berkeley Bowl Produce IncorporatedA truly exciting grocery experience, they have everything. Sustainable, local and awesome. Before there was Whole Foods of Wegmans, there was the Berkeley Bowl!Arlo Hemphill
You could just use the trip as an excuse to get your grocery shopping done. The Berkeley Bowl is an experience in itself and hard to beat for shopping quality.
- Cha-Ya Vegetarian Japanese1686 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94709recommended Cha-Ya Vegetarian JapaneseI had no idea seaweed salad came in so many colors, flavors and varieties! Delicious and unique. It's wonderful to find a place that serves excellent, fresh Japanese sushi cuisine without devastating ... read moreour global ocean. A tasty treat and an example in sustainability. Three cheers!Arlo Hemphill
This is a totally vegetarian sushi restaurant that is really amazing little place to eat. The food is delicious and very unique!
- Berkeley Marina201 University Avenue, Berkeley, CArecommended Berkeley MarinaThe Berkeley Marina is one of the few perfect places to watch the sunset in the Bay Area. There's plenty of action to watch here, from windsurfers to boats passing by. The water is always shimmering ... read moreand it never seems too crowded. It's hard to imagine that such a peaceful area sits so close to the chaos on the other side of the freeway.Recommended for:Outdoor EnthusiastsKeane
When the sun starts setting, this is a beautiful place to spend with a significant other. You can also watch all the water sports people doing their thang.
- The Cheese Board Pizza Collective1512 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley, CArecommended The Cheese Board Pizza CollectiveCheeseboard is the legendary oft-mentioned bakery in Berkeley that serves up some pretty tasty pizza slices. While I wouldn't call it traditional or even NY-style, it's definitely gourmet and unique ... read moreto its own. Cheeseboard also serves a variety of delicious breads and pastries. It's one of those places where you go and maybe wish you hadn't, because you'll be craving it for days on end.Keane
You should definitely stop in here if you haven't tried it before.
- Angeline's Louisiana Kitchen2261 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704recommended Angeline's Louisiana KitchenI knew the owner of Angeline's when he first opened the restaurant. I had written a review of the place on another site and brought in some customers, so he reached out and thanked me, thereby ... read morestarting an online friendship where he would tell me all the going-ons of the restaurant business. I was honored, as I loved this restaurant for both their food and service. During my first visit, I had the jambalaya, hush puppies and the banana fosters bread pudding. All of it was delicious. The workers are all from the South, so authenticity is not an issue. Unfortunately, during my last visit to the place, I discovered the owner whom I had been speaking with passed away just a few months prior. Still, the staff here do a great job and really make an effort to create a memorable dining experience.Recommended for:FoodiesKeane
I knew the guy who started at Angeline's, and he gave me a free meal during my first visit because I brought up tons of customers from a review I wrote. I finally went back to visit a few years ago and found out he passed away just months before (for unknown reasons). Still, the new manager was close to him and is doing a great job. This is one of the best New Orleans food I've had outside of Louisiana.
- Bakesale Betty5098 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94609