- Alexander's3391 30th St, San Diego, CA 92104
- The Smoking Goat3408 30th Street
- barleymash600 5th Avenue, San Diego, CA, United Statesrecommended barleymashThis place is delish! Try one of their pies (the Shorty with short ribs and horseradish cheese) and the seared albacore burger. You MUST save room for dessert. The Maple Bacon S'more is totally worth ... read morethe calories!! Only tricky part could be parking since it is in the heart of downtown SD. I recommend going early if you have a reservation.
- Casa Guadalajara4105 Taylor St, San Diego, CA 92110recommended Casa GuadalajaraIf you are looking for authentic Mexican food and are in the Old Town/downtown San Diego area, Casa Guadalajara is a must!! The food is delish! I had the Chicken and Mango Quesadillas. Sooo yummy. The ... read moredecor, staff, music, atmosphere, and food really make you feel like you are on a little vacay in Mexico. They also have there own Parking lot, so parking is easy peasy. Don't leave without a house Margarita :)
- Grant Grill326 Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101recommended Grant GrillThe Zagat-winning Grant grill surrounds guests with history while at the same time offering authentic Californian cuisine. Named Hotel Bar of the Year (2012) by Nightclub & Bar. The Grant Grill Lounge ... read moreis a revived speakeasy experience with a delish hand-crafted cocktails and food. Be sure to ask about seasonal specials. My favorite is their fall pumpkin martini. For breakfast try the banana bread french toast. For lunch the seared albacore salad or the roast beef sandwich with a side of truffle fries hots the spot. And, for dinner, although anything is good, I 3 the Ranch Pork Cheeks with a side of Crab Risotto.
- Prepkitchen Little Italy1660 India Streetrecommended Prepkitchen Little ItalyPrep Kitchen takes a tapas to main course approach with smaller dishes on the top of the menu with much larger ones towards the bottom. Expect delicious food, great service, and a really fun ... read moreatmosphere. The mixed drink list is unique and amazing, the wine and beer lists are long... can't go wrong! Only issue can be parking since it's right in the middle if Little Italy. Go early if you have reservations.
- Yard House San Diego1023 4th Avenue, San Diego, CArecommended Yard House San DiegoA great spot for drinks, happy hour, food, and private parties! Their beer list is 3 pages long... Definitely something to please everyone. Try the Korean BBQ beef or the chicken nachos. Yumm. Also, a ... read moregreat place to watch games since they have multiple TVs.
- RA Sushi474 Broadway, San Diego, CArecommended RA SushiGreat sushi spot for anyone in the downtown area. They have an extensive menu including sushi, teriyaki chicken and beef, salads, soups, and more. Stop in for happy hour and you'll love their ... read morespecials!! Service is great and so is the atmosphere. They also have a full bar area where you can meet a client, or a friend to just grab a drink.
- Basic Pizza & Bar410 10th Ave, San Diego, CArecommended Basic Pizza & BarAbsolutely divine pizza. I had never even heard of this place before I went, but at the recommendation of the bartender at our pre-dinner cocktail bar (plus the GPS food locator on my phone), we ... read moreheaded in on a Friday night. We got there around 7pm and had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, but the bouncers outside (guarding the bar side of the two-part restaurant) were friendly and engaging. We people-watched on 10th Ave (trust me, it's entertaining) and then got called in. They have a simple menu: choose your "base pie" and then add your toppings. We opted for the "white pie" which consisted of parmesan, garlic, olive oil, and mozzarella - and ordered a large to split, sans toppings. There were only two of us, and despite us being hungry (and one of us being a 6' ravenous man), we couldn't finish the entire thing. The crust is thin and homemade, and the proportion of cheese and sauce was just perfect for my tastebuds (not too saucy, not goopy and cheesy). Definitely one of the best pizzas I've ever had. Aside from the delicious food, the ambience of the place is fun - it's housed in a warehouse, with visible beams and a "rough" and somewhat darkened interior, completely sided by windows for natural light and for watching the outside streets. And my favorite part was the cocktails served in 16 oz. mason jars.
- Lou & Mickey's224 5th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101recommended Lou & Mickey'sBeautiful ambience - it has a kind of royal, elegant decor and warm lighting that makes it a cozy place to dine in the evenings. The terrace is a great alternative, especially on a summer evening: ... read morewith a great view of downtown, the Convention Center, and the entrance to the Gaslamp Quarter, and it's heated by gas lamps (haha). The only downside to dining outside is the constant dinging from the trolley crossing (about every 5-10 minutes!) Otherwise, the food is delicious and very well-prepared, and they have a satisfying wine list. A wide range of meal options, too, which means both the adults and kids can find something to satisfy their hunger.
- Searsucker611 5th Avenue, San Diego, CArecommended SearsuckerLUNCH review Service: we came at lunch, right when it opened and were slightly surprised to discover you order at the hostess station and then sit down. This caused a bit of confusion as most people ... read morewere completely unprepared to order and this ended up jamming up the line a bit. It seemed a bit cheap, as if they didn't want to hire enough service staff to run a proper lunch service. Considering the prices, I guess I just expected more actual care. Food--the sandwiches we had were amazing! My dad had the chicken brie with tomatoes and greens on a ciabatta bun and I had the crab sandwich with avocado, bacon and crispy onions. Each sandwich came with a super fresh salad and my dad got an order of the brown butter fries which was perfect for the both of us. Overall, it was a great experience in a central location with beautiful decor but disappointing that the beginning was so rushed and the personal care minimal.Rachel E.
Good new place in the Gaslamp.
- Underbelly750 West Fir Street, San Diego, California 92101, United Statesrecommended UnderbellyUnlike the cookie-cutter Italian restaurants that surround it on all sides, this ultra modern ramen shop, with black barstools and shiny metal interior design elements, stands out. The char-siu pork ... read morebelly ramen bowl is a classic, but they've got other things on the menu, too, from vegetarian kim-chi ramen to smoked brisket steamed buns. Show up right when they open for lunch, or call ahead for a reservation.Sara Benson
This in the Little Italy neighborhood, just north of downtown. You can walk there from downtown, or catch a bus.
- Extraordinary Desserts - Union St1430 Union Street, San Diego, CA 92101
- Bristol Hotel1055 First Ave, San Diego, CA 92101-4890
- Gaslamp Quarter417 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101
- San Diego Zoo2920 Zoo Drive, San Diego, CA 92101-1646
- Balboa Park1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101