Japanese Village Plaza Mall
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 87%Family Travelers
- 51%Green Travelers
- 51%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (10)
- Japanese Village Plaza MallAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 13Dec 04, 2013
This mall is located in a unique and very fun area of LA. There's a lot to see and it's very fun to explore the Japanese culture. If you love or are curious about Japanese food, products, or most importantly HELLO KITTY, this is a must-visit plaza! The boutique stores are so much fun to check out and carry a lot of Japanese characters' clothing and toys, cute female clothing (can get pricey!) and very authentic food.
Also, be sure of what you order because it's REALLY authentic and you may be surprised! These are not your average sushi joints! The Japanese pharmacies carry a lot of unique creams and they employees were very helpful. My favorite part Little Tokyo is the awesome Sanrio store that carries the most recent releases. The best Sanrio store I've been to (and there's been many)!
- Japanese Village Plaza MallMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesNightlife Lovers+ 1First to ReviewMay 26, 2013
This is a nice tree decorated out in the middle of the open, hopefully it doesn't rain which it rarely does in LA. So this place is pretty cool and nice. Wish it just had more lively events or something like the grove. There's is the performer from America's got talent that performs here daily. I like his musical talent.
- Japanese Village Plaza MallMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2First to ReviewSep 26, 2012
1. Lots of Hello Kitty items
2. Specialty items from Japan
3. Cute shops
1. Everything is SUPER expensive
2. Everything is over price - you can find the same thing outside this mall, it's just says made in USA not Japan that's all
3. Parking is tough
Tip: come during the weekday or early during the weekend, but be sure to check store hours. Japanese stores are known to close at random times.