Is there an outlet mall similar to Woodbury in New York or Wrentham in Boston?
Any good places to eat? Price range is $50/person
- Bistrot Margot IncNorth Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60610-1305, United Statesrecommended Bistrot Margot IncSome of the best French cuisine outside of the motherland. The meat and fish are succulent and simply buttery, and the French onion soup is easily the best I've ever had. Pricey, but worth it.
- TABLE fifty-two52 West Elm Street, Chicago, IL 60610-2769, United Statesrecommended TABLE fifty-twoTable fifty-two is a unique single family home buried on the north side of Chicago in the Gold Coast neighborhood. The restaurant has a southern soul-food style menu, with a loud atmosphere filling ... read morethe small house from all the afterwork business dinners and dates. Sit upstairs for a more intimate setting and definitely order the MAC and CHEESE, it slays all competition.Gregory B. Schlough
Jason, Table fifty-two is within $50 plates and the owner/chef was originally Oprah's chef. The meals are southern-style and all have a flare of greatness to them! Best of LUCK!
- Tango Sur3763 N Southport Ave, Chicago, IL 60613recommended Tango SurTango Sur is a fabulous Argentinian steak restaurant for the foodie type that provides a fun date like atmosphere and a surplus of options on the menu. Candle lit dinners at night with a staff ... read moreoutfitted as caballeros, this place is a treasure in the Lakeview neighborhood. They don't take reservations but it is BYOB !
- Trenchermen2039 West North Avenue, Chicago, ILrecommended TrenchermenInside a gorgeous historic 20th-century building near the busy corner of Damen, North and Milwaukee Aves in Wicker Park, the subterranean Trenchermen is classy without being pretentious. The food, ... read morewith the executive sous chef having trained under Daniel Boulud and other kitchen superstars, is outstanding, with attention paid to every detail. The menu of New American innovative dishes for sharing isn't too long, but just about everything is fantastically memorable, especially the pickle tots with red onion-yogurt whip and the lamb ribs slowly braised with date molasses. On the cocktail list are vintage tastes like the Bijou and Chicago Fizz, along with this week's newbies from the mixologists behind the long bar. It's date-worthy on the restaurant side, easy-going for groups on the bar side.
- Telegraph Wine Bar2601 North Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinoisrecommended Telegraph Wine BarTelegraph is 3.5 stars for me because of the service. If the service was better, I would bump my rating up to a 4.5. The down side was the service was really slow (it took about 30-40 minutes to take ... read moreour entrée orders and another 30-40 minutes to get our food), and when we brought it up at the end of our meal, it turned out the guy we thought was our waiter was only a sommelier. That means there was no waiter. However, if you can stand the long wait, the atmosphere and food are both exceptional. The restaurant is a wine bar with some regular tables as well as high tables if you don’t want to sit at the bar. The décor is fun and they have amazing food. The charcuterie plate says it serves 2 people, but we actually split it (along with the sausage) among 4 people. The plate came with very fresh venison tartar, pork pate, fois gras, pancetta, and a delicious jam spread. The sausage was super tender and juicy and went really well with the small slices of grapefruit provided. In terms of entrees, you can’t go wrong with the duck meatballs or the fennel pasta. Just keep in mind that portions are on the smaller side and the dishes are on the higher end (entrees roughly $22-26), but the quality of the food is definitely worth the extra cost.
- Union Pizzeria1245 Chicago Avenue, Evanston, ILrecommended Union PizzeriaI had a beer and flavorful authentically Italian pizza at the bar with some long-lost high school pals. The room was active but didn't feel crowded, even though the place was full. The pizza was ... read moregreat! I had one with anchovies, capers, and other stuff I can't remember. Very tasty and crispy crust. I love the big pizza oven right in the middle of the room with the huge stucco dome. Fantastic. The bar is U-shaped so you can watch the room, or the street. Bustle and fun, but I could still always hear the conversation. I'm heading back. Maybe tonight!
- Fork4600 N. Lincoln Ave, Chicago, ILrecommended ForkFork is comfortable, quiet enough for conversation, and had great food! I was feeling celebratory, so I ordered a tasting flight of syrahs and totally enjoyed comparing the three wines. I can't ... read moreremember just what I ordered, but each dish was satisfying. The restaurant is steps away from the Old Town School of Folk Music, and the perfect place to eat before a show. It's not a cheap eats place, but is worth the bit extra you pay.
- Lou Malnati's Pizzeria439 N Wells St, Chicago, IL 60654recommended Lou Malnati's PizzeriaFor Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, Lou Malnati's is the very best in the city. What sets this place apart is the cornmeal crust, a flavor/texture combination that works great with the heavy tomato ... read moresauce and some spicy Italian sausage.Matthew Crompton
It's not fine dining, but it's as good (and as dense) as pizza comes.
- Heaven on Seven111 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60602recommended Heaven on SevenServing what is arguably the best authentic cajun food in Chicago, and probably the best anywhere outside of Louisiana, Heaven on Seven (there are a couple throughout the city), is simply fantastic. ... read moreThe home restaurant of celebrity chef Jimmy Bannos, virtually everything I've tried on HoS's menu is superb, from the po' boy sandwiches to the gumbo to the etouffee, and the service is excellent. Best of all, they've got Abita Turbodog on draft!Matthew Crompton
A decent choice.
commented on this list
Hey Jason, you could try Chicago Premium Outlets..I haven't been, but seems to be the big outlet mall in Chicago. http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=63
- Frontera Grill445 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654recommended Frontera GrillRick Bayless's Frontera Grill lives up to the hype and delivers high quality and tasty Mexican food. The guacamole is the best I've ever had and the steaks are tender and flavorful. For dessert, I ... read morewould highly recommend the Flan with candied bacon.
- The Magnificent MileNorth Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
- Four Seasons Hotel Chicago120 E. Delaware Pl., Chicago, IL 60611
- Willis Tower233 S Wacker Dr
- John G. Shedd Aquarium1200 South Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60605-2402
- Millennium Park201 East Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601-6530