Going to Los Angeles
Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
recommended MalibuI adore this part of LA. We loved going to surfrider beach, looking at people surfing and walking along the beach. It is a very relaxing place with beautiful houses and shopping centers.Recommended for:
- The Getty Center1200 Getty Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90049-1666recommended The Getty CenterIt costed one billion of dollars. It is a beautiful museum built over the hills around LA, from where there is a very nice view. The building project is of Richard Meyer and, apart from the permanent ... read morecollection there are also wonderful gardens, different during every season.Recommended for:
- Perch 448 South Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013recommended PerchBeautiful views of downtown Los Angeles city lights at night. Turns into a chic, spacious lounge at night. Check out the rooftop patio on top of main restaurant for a near 270 degree view of the city. ... read moreGrab a drink from the rooftop bar and dance under the moonlight. Favorite dessert is the white chocolate bread pudding, served fresh and hot. Also serves dinner and Sunday brunch. Brunch highlights include $20 pitchers of red sangria, baked brie, assorted homemade breads, and crab benedict entree.Trinity
Try Perch for an after-dinner drink!
- Third Street PromenadeSanta Monica Pier, Santa Monica, Californiarecommended Third Street PromenadeI love walking down Third St. on a sunny day. Not only can you get some shopping done, but you also get to watch some street performers (some are better than others). Stop by Angelato for some Exotica ... read moregelato or sit outside on the patio at any of the numerous restaurants.Recommended for:
- Kincaid's500 Fishermans Wharf, Redondo Beach, CA 90277recommended Kincaid'sLocated on the Redondo Beach pier, you get a nice view from Kincaid's. The blue crab and artichoke dip is amazing. I also love the dishes off their brunch menu, like the brioche stuffed with egg, ... read morecrab, and veggies. The portions are just right, so you don't leave feeling extremely stuffed.Recommended for:
- Griffith Observatory2800 East Observatory Road, Los Angeles, CA 90027-1255recommended Griffith ObservatoryThis is a great place to go hiking, check out the city of LA from up top, or check out the observatory exhibits. On nice days, grab a small picnic basket to enjoy on the lawn right outside the ... read moreobservatory.Recommended for:
- The Stinking Rose55 N La Cienega Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90211recommended The Stinking RoseThis restaurant is all about the garlic. Almost every dish is built around that ingredient and most of them are excellent. The booths are fantastically decorated, making this a visual and culinary ... read moretreat. If you think you want to hang out with your friends even though you hate garlic, don't.Recommended for:
- Skybar8440 West Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, CArecommended SkybarSweeping city views, beautiful pool, and beautiful people. Definitely an all hollywood experience. (Cocktails are quite costly at $14-16 each)Recommended for:
- Grub911 Seward Street, Los Angeles, CA 90038recommended GrubAmazing brunch spot - we enjoyed a carafe of basil peach sangria, croissant breakfast sandwich, and incredible cinnamon croissant french toast with homemade raspberry butter- definitely will be back ... read moreto try dinner!Recommended for:
- Casablanca220 Lincoln Blvd, Venice, CA 90291recommended CasablancaHuge brunch and botomless mimosas/sangria/bloody mary for $14!!! With homemade tortillas and kind staff I cannot recommend this place enoughRecommended for:
- 3Twenty Wine Lounge320 South La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, United Statesrecommended 3Twenty Wine LoungeGreat atmosphere with fantastic selections of wine from around the world. You're given a card which you insert into the automated tasting machines and then select the wine you wish to taste. Tastes ... read morerun from $2-$14Recommended for: