JK Place Firenze

Piazza Santa Maria Novella 7, Florence 50123, Italy
View from the front door

• JK Place FirenzePro 2014

Oh my golly, I love this place. Florence is such an old city, it's refreshing to stay somewhere that feels so new, but it somehow works. The location is perfect, the rooms are drop-dead gorgeous, and I love, love, love the rooftop deck. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, and I love me some plentiful wifi (a lot harder to find in Italy than you'd think).

• JK Place Firenze

J.K. Place is hands down my favorite place to stay in Florence. It is the pinnacle of classy, creative, beautiful design with heartfelt, top-notch service, in a to-die-for location. Right on Piazza Santa Maria Novella, J.K. Place somehow hides like a wallflower, but once you get inside you realize she's the belle of the ball! The place somehow strikes a balance between luxury and simplicity. The building really feels like a home -- I almost wondered if I had wandered into a private villa when I first walked in -- passing a living room with a fireplace where a group of Americans were laughing and drinking wine, I stepped into a library, which happened to have a desk, but the shelves were packed with books and DVDs. Stepping into the next room, I found myself in a gorgeous, sunny dining room, with a full aperitivo laid out. The last room in the line was another living room, this one with a TV built into the wall and another group quietly relaxing in there. Drifting back to the library, I encountered a man and a woman who gasped when they saw me, coming to greet me as though I were a long lost friend, a much anticipated visitor. It was a striking and heartwarming entry to this lovely place, and every moment I stayed there, my every expectation was met and exceeded. Of particular note was Angela. This woman speaks what seems like every language flawlessly and has a cultural fluency that could put anyone at ease. She is the embodiment of the vision of the hotel: classic beauty, modern, cool, and authentically welcoming. J.K. Place is a gorgeous structure with all the amenities and loving details (lit candles in the hallway! antler-armed chairs!), but Angela (and Michele) creates the heart that will keep me coming back to this hotel for years to come.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFamily TravelersLuxury Travelers
  • JK Place Firenze

When entered this place, it didn't feel like I'd entered a hotel. There’s no obvious reception desk, and I wondered if I’d wandered into someone’s house by accident. There was a living room on the left with people hanging out and laughing with drinks and library-type room whose desk and walls were covered in books and movies (which you can borrow). Apparently, this is their reception "office." I proceeded to a dining room, where there was a nice aperitivo spread laid out. Still marginally confused, I forged on to a living room with couches and a giant TV. Eventually, I wound my way back to the library/reception and found Angela and Matteo, both super sweet and super welcoming employees (managers?) of the hotel. They later told me that the whole point is that this place isn’t supposed to feel like a generic hotel, but is supposed to be welcoming and homey. They also explained that the rooms are simple and decorated in neutral colors because they wanted their hotel to be a break from the over-stimulation of the city’s madness – and it’s true: the rooms aren’t striking, but they’re really nice, spotless, comfortable, and peaceful, and they have sweet little touches like a bowl of fresh fruit waiting for you when you arrive. Aside from the awesome staff, my favorite part was the rooftop terrace. I could LIVE on the rooftop terrace. I was bathed in sunlight, enjoying the smells of people cooking somewhere else, looking at the top of the duomo, sitting at one of the tables and appreciating the massive lounge area. I couldn’t decide if it was the perfect place to do some inspired work, or just to take a luxurious nap.

Excellent!216 reviews across the web.

• Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
  • This is a wonderful boutique hotel, as guests say.
  • Hotel Building
    100% loved the terrace.
    100% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
    100% thought it was clean.
  • Service
    93% found the staff to be very friendly.
  • Ambiance
    93% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
    92% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
Showing Lowest Prices(Avg. nightly price)

This boutique hotel built in 2003 is hidden away behind a modest townhouse facade. J.K. Place Firenze is a cool, chic retreat where antiques and artifacts contrast with an elegant theme of black and white decor together with a pretty, glass-covered courtyard and a rooftop terrace. There is a sense of calm here, like a sophisticated home with books to read and drinks and cakes left for guests to help themselves. Stylish collectables and a large collection of art blend brilliantly with 1950s-style lamps, neutral-coloured furnishings, zebra-striped fabrics and glossy black floors. Do not miss the delightful rooftop terrace with breathtaking views. Santa Maria Novella, which is home to Giotto's crucifix and world-renowned frescoes, is only steps away from the hotel. Also visit the cloistered museum, Chiostro Verde, adorned with frescoes. Return for tea in the courtyard or a refreshing drink on the rooftop terrace.

Features:
The service is remarkable. Your rate includes welcome drink, seasonal organic fruit welcome basket in your room, complimentary coffee and tea, free wifi, free homemade snacks, access to Olimpo SPA Steam Bath (2-minute walk away), and CD/DVD lending library. ... read more

23 people visited JK Place Firenze