Looking for a good recommendation on a restaurant in Santa Monica (maybe Latin, but not Mexican) or Mediterranean. Forgot to mention we'll be "uncharacteristically LA" carless, but staying at the beach. Welcome a review of One Pico, although I was not impressed with their wine pairing menu that had beets in 2 of the 3 courses!
- Versailles Restaurant1000 N Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266recommended Versailles RestaurantIf you hook up with a friend who has wheels, it's an easy drive down Culver Boulevard to Vista Del Mar—and gorgeous seaside drive from there to Manhattan Beach. Versailles is hands-down the best Cuban ... read morefood in Greater Los Angeles, with wicked-good garlic chicken and *incredible* moros (black beans with white rice). Don't let the humble ambiance fool you; this flavorful LA staple is a must-eat..Comment.over 2 years ago. Report
- Real Food Daily514 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401recommended Real Food DailyThis place is a Santa Monica gem - love coming here! All vegetarian, but you would never guess. A super creative menu offering amazing dishes of all sorts that leave you feeling great when you leave. ... read moreVery casual (more of a lunch place) but definitely worth a try. There is another one in Beverly Hills
- Santa Monica Farmers' Market200 Santa Monica Pier Santa Monica, CA 90401-3126recommended Santa Monica Farmers' MarketA mainstay in Santa Monica. This is a great place to head for Sunday brunch. You can sit outside on the grass beneath a shady tree or on one of the tables, eat mouth watering buttermilk pancakes, huge ... read morehome-made omelettes or fresh tamales, and even ride a pony if you are so inclined. They also have some of the best organic produce in the world! They usually have a live band performing as well.Travis Katz
saw you started a new trip - so I'm moving my recommendations over ;)
- Chaya Venice110 Navy St, Venice, CA 90291recommended Chaya VeniceOne of my favorite spots! Located on Main Street in Santa Monica. Amazing Asian-fusion food with incredible seafood. The restaurant itself is chic and lively with great cocktails. They also have a ... read moregreat, lively happy hour with half price sushi.
- Via Veneto3009 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405recommended Via VenetoVia Veneto offers the best Italian on the west side. Everything is hand made on the premises and beautifully prepared. Its a bit on the pricey side, and it is very small, so make sure you have a ... read morereservation. Also, they do let you bring your own wine with a corkage fee (at least they did last time we were there) - which can save you a lot of money.