Joe's Restaurant

1023 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291

• Joe's RestaurantPro 2014
    John Abdou
    4 Jan 19, 2014

Great food, great setting, great service. Fresh oysters were available along with a variety of tasty options for dinner. Nice place to take a date or enjoy a special occasion.

• Joe's RestaurantPro 2014
    Verlisia
    4 Nov 06, 2013

Fresh and inspiring. That was my very first impression of Joe's Restaurant. Saturday brunch I had there was certainly delightful. Both the quality of food and service was excellent.

Bread was delicious and so was the jam. You really can't go wrong with some mimosa with freshly squeezed orange juice. I found their homemade granola quite nice even though I don't usually care for nutty stuff. Their blueberry bran pancakes were something I wasn't too fond of. Healthy they might be, I still prefer my pancakes buttery and smooth. No complaints on their entrees. Blue Crab Hash and Atlantic Salmon were both nicely done and very delicious.

I only wish the food came out faster. The brunch was enjoyable but dragged on slightly too long. The restaurant wasn't that busy either.

Recommended for:FoodiesWellness
    Connie Pistilli
    3 Jul 05, 2012

Oh Joe, you could have been 5 stars in my book. The location, the setting, the menu, the presentation... Everything was superb. Everything but the service - it was so slow and curt. Don't get me wrong, I like lazy Sundays. You're hungover from the night before, head is pounding, eyes still half shut... But when it takes an hour to get any sort of food - that's after inquiring about the whereabouts of our food 2 times - I feel like maybe I need to get into the kitchen and help them out. The place wasn't even packed either.

When we did finally get our food, we did thoroughly enjoy it. We all started with the Seasonal Fruit Plate, Nuts, House-Made Ricotta Cheese & Local Buckwheat Honey. While it was beautifully plated, the portion was dinky. The best dish between the three of us was the Maryland Blue Crab Hash with Poached Eggs Red & Yellow Peppers, Potatoes, Rosemary-Mustard Sauce. This combo worked so harmoniously in our mouths, and there were generous chunks of crab in the hash. The Duck Leg Confit with Poached Egg was also delicious, but slightly too salty. The Atlantic Salmon, Wasabi Mashed Potatoes Citrus Pink Peppercorn Vinaigrette, Cilantro-Daikon Salad was one of the lightest options on the menu, and it was also tasty.

Well, if you have time to kill and don't mind a drawn out brunch, then you should come here. I'd love to give Joe a second try, but first impressions do make a huge impact. Shape up your service and maybe you'll win me over next time.

Sky L
    5 Apr 08, 2014

An early innovator of California cuisine. An early entrant to the local dining scene. Still great after all these years! All meals (brunch, lunch and dinner) are artfully crafted and delicious. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

• Joe's RestaurantAmbassadorPro 2014
    Sandra Waring
    4 Jan 07, 2013

Brunch here is really excellent, bright and beautiful dining room. The soups are very delicious, and if you can, try the 3 course lunch menu, it's a great deal. I've enjoyed every meal I've had here. Only thing that's a bummer is the restroom situation - one toilet situation, so a line usually forms.

Lesley T