Going to Portland
Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- Mother's Bistro & Bar409 Sw 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97204
- Japanese Garden611 Southwest Kingston Avenue, Portland, OR 97205-5886
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters128 Sw 3rd Ave, Portland, OR 97204
- Salt & Straw2035 NE Alberta, Portland, OR 97211, United Statesrecommended Salt & StrawGreat and unique ice cream shop on Alberta Street in Portland. The Olive Oil ice cream is really unique and very good. I enjoyed the Salted Caramel one, but lots of great flavors to try. Awesome ... read moreplace.Recommended for:
- Petite Provence1824 Northeast Alberta Street, Portland, Oregonrecommended Petite ProvenceExcellent restaurant in Portland on Alberta Street. Excellent food and great atmosphere. So good.Recommended for:
- Byways Cafe1212 Nw Glisan St, Portland, OR 97209recommended Byways CafeThis is an awesome place for breakfast downtown portland. You may have to wait to get a seat but it is definately worth the wait. Blue Corn Pancakes are good. The french toast there is HUGE as is ... read moretheir biscuits and gravy.Recommended for:
- Lan Su Chinese Garden239 NW Everett Street, Portland, ORrecommended Lan Su Chinese GardenThis is a beautiful chinese garden right in the heart of town. Once you set foot inside you forget you are right in downtown Portland. They have a nice tea house to have a bite before heading out to ... read moreexplore more of the city.Recommended for:
- Voodoo Doughnut22 SW 3rd Ave, Portland, OR 97204recommended Voodoo Doughnut"The Magic is in the Hole" 3 locations in Portland with the original being in downtown Portland on 3rd. Great ones to choose from but some of the favorites: Maple Bacon, The Voodoo, Old Dirty ... read moreBastard,Memphis Mafia, Texas Challenge and a few other unmentionables...LOL But a definate stop.Recommended for:recommended Voodoo DoughnutQuite possibly the hottest spot in Portland and I have to say I can see why! This place embodies the uber quirkiness that is Portland. There is pretty much always a line out the door and around the ... read morecorner for these out of this world confectionery delights! I was overwhelmed by the selection and unsure what to choose the first time around but really you can't go wrong. I would suggest trying a simple Portland creme, just like a Boston creme but the best I've ever had! It's so hard to just choose one which may explain why many people leave with a bright pink box full of this incredible yumminess!recommended Voodoo DoughnutLong lines. Weird doughnut flavors. An option to let them pick your dozen. Open 21 hours a day. Lots of sexual innuendo. It's quirky - I like it! And yes, the doughnuts are good! And they have vegan ... read moreones! The people who work there seem to enjoy it which is good for you as a customer.Recommended for:VegetarianRachel Patterson
Very well-known and good donut place.
commented on this trip
You really can't go wrong when it comes to food in Portland. There are so many delicious places to try! The best food! There aren't so many sights to see in the city but you can eat yourself silly!
recommended Food Carts, all over Portland, ORWho ever though food from a cart could be so good?! In Portland you can have gourmet on the go and a good price at that. They have a food cart for any and every kind of food you could imagine! Even ... read moreincredibly inventive fusion styles like Koi's Korean Mexican or Viking Soul Food! Portland is very health conscious so it is easy to find healthy and diet specific items at these street vendors. There are high standards for food service in the city and the chefs on these carts often had their training at one of the many local culinary schools in the area. You can find big portions, enough for two people or two meals, of gourmet food at very affordable prices. The food carts are hands down one of the best things about Portland!
- International Rose Test Garden400 Southwest Kingston Avenue, Portland, OR 97205-5883recommended International Rose Test GardenRecommended for:
- Multnomah FallsColumbia River Gorge, Multnomah County, Oregon, USArecommended Multnomah FallsMultnomah Falls is a waterfall on the Oregon side of the Columbia River Gorge, located east of Troutdale, between Corbett and Dodson, along the Historic Columbia River Highway. You need drive around ... read more30 min from Portland but worth it.Recommended for:
- Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade511 NW Couch St., Portland, ORrecommended Ground Kontrol Classic ArcadeIf you like pinball, beer, and revisiting your childhood, provided you grew up in the 80s, then Ground Kontrol is the place for you! This bar is jam-packed with old pinball machines, arcade games like ... read morePac-Man, and retro driving games. The games run between twenty-five to fifty cents, the beers are cheap. There is little to no light besides the glowing screens and flashing pinball board which makes the ambiance all about gaming.Recommended for:Margaret Seelie
this place has it all...it's a dive bar that serves PBR tall boys, and is literally filled with pinball machines!recommended Ground Kontrol Classic ArcadeIf you're looking for a cool place that offers beer and a large amount of 80s arcade nostalgia, this is your place. The large amount of pinball machines is an added bonus.Recommended for:
- Portland City Grill111 Sw 5th Ave, Portland, OR 97204recommended Portland City GrillGREAT HAPY HOUR AND VIEW OF THE CITY! Located high up in one of the largest buildings right in the middle of Portland. Yummy food and the greatest views of the city including out at the bridges over ... read morethe river. Their prices are a bit high so you might want to try checking out their happy hour 4-6 and then again 9 or 10 to close.
- Washington Park2368 West Burnside Street, Portland, OR 97210-3537recommended Washington ParkRecommended for:
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry1945 Se Water Ave, Portland, OR 97214recommended Oregon Museum of Science and IndustryRecommended for:
- Pittock Mansion3229 Northwest Pittock Drive, Portland, OR 97210-1019recommended Pittock MansionRecommended for:
- Jake's Grill - PortlandAt the Governor Hotel, 611 Sw 10th Ave, Portland, OR 97205recommended Jake's Grill - PortlandRecommended for:
- McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland0309 Sw Montgomery St, Portland, OR 97201recommended McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - PortlandRecommended for:
- Bagdad Theater & Pub3702 Se Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214recommended Bagdad Theater & PubThis is one of the Mcmenamins pubs that sits on one of the most fun funky streets in Portland. Here you can down some great beer, have a killer pizza and watch a movie. Afterwards you can wander down ... read morethis fun street and take in the fun atmosphereRecommended for:
- Pine State Biscuits3640 Southeast Belmont Street, Portland, ORrecommended Pine State BiscuitsThis is a wonderful place. It was featured on Diners, Drive-In's and Dives on the food network. More than one location. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner....the Reggie is the bomb.Recommended for:
- The Original300 Southwest 6th Avenue, Portland, ORrecommended The OriginalThis restaurant has some great food and is open late should you be out late clubbing. They have a wide array of things to choose from and are open really late.Recommended for:
- Saint Cupcake Galore1138 SW Morrison, Portland, OR 97205, United States
- Kells Irish Restaurant & Pub112 Sw 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97204recommended Kells Irish Restaurant & PubGreat place to come for a great Irish Coffee or pint of Guiness. They also have a great menu.Recommended for:
- Powell's City of Books1005 West Burnside, Portland, OR 97209recommended Powell's City of BooksThis is a must stop for a lot of people. One city block of new and used books. Great place to get out of the rain that keeps us green and pick up a book and cup of joe and just sit back and just feel ... read morethe zen that is portland.Recommended for:Spiritual SeekersRobin Vincent
Also Across the street is a great gelato place called mio gelato on 11th.recommended Powell's City of BooksSo fabulous! SO MANY BOOKS! I spent hours here. Yeah, so some books are at regular prices. But I bet you can find almost everything you're looking for. I love books! I love Powell's! I want to live in ... read morePortland just to go to Powell's all the time. Is that sad?Recommended for:Rachel Patterson
If you like books at all, you should go to Powell's.
- Portland Saturday Market 108 West Burnside Street, Portland, ORrecommended Portland Saturday MarketThis is a great place to pick up something made locally in Portland. A must stop if coming to Portland. From clothing to jewlry, to one of the many micro brews here in portland.Recommended for:
- Pioneer Courthouse Square701 South West Morrison Street, Portland, OR 97205recommended Pioneer Courthouse SquareThis has been called Portland's living room. It is a great spot in downtown to just sit and chill and people watch. There are a lot of events throughout the year that they have in this square and the ... read morePortland Visitor Center and Tri-met office is here as well.Recommended for:
- Multnomah FallsColumbia Gorge Historic Highway (map 3)Interstate 84, Exit 31recommended Multnomah FallsDefinately a must see for those visiting Portland Oregon.Well known around the world.Recommended for:
- Crystal Ballroom1332 West Burnside Street, Portland, ORrecommended Crystal BallroomGreat fun with performances and great mcmenamins beer.Recommended for:
- Henry's 12th Street Tavern10 Nw 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97209