Planning a trip in September to Hong Kong and Penang. I have about 10-11 full days to visit these two places. Is 5 days enough time to visit Penang? Is that too many/too little? I am thinking of spending a little more time in Penang, but am afraid that I will get bored.
recommended PenangMy favorite stopover along the Malaysian coast. There's good reason why this island is a UNESCO World Heritage city. In the Straits of Melacca, this island has been a cultural crossroads for ... read morecenturies, and it's the best place to get oriented to Malaysia's unique multi-ethnic heritage. Colonial architecture, vibrant cuisine, atmospheric guesthouses and a few beaches, too. What's not to love?.Comment.4 months ago. ReportSara Benson
Hey Jon - I think you're giving yourself plenty of time. I'd say that three days in each place with a travel day in between would be enough. I'm a medium-speed traveler - not a fast checklist person, but not a stop, do nothing and linger for too long kind of person either.
- Weld QuayJalan Pengkalan Weld, Kampong Sungai Keluang 10300 Malaysia
- Hameediyah Restaurant164A Campbell Street,10100, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
- Penang Times Square, Birch Plaza 18George Town, Malaysia
- Kek Lok Si TempleAir Itam, Kampong Sungai Keluang 10450 Malaysia
- Penang BridgeJambatan Pulau Pinang, Perai 13600, Malaysia
- Penang HillAir Itam, Ayer Itam 11500 Malaysia
- Gurney DrivePersiaran Gurney, Kampong Sungai Keluang 10250 Malaysia
- Museum Hotel72 Jalan A.S. Mansor, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
- Penang International AirportLapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Pulau Pinang Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, Bayan Lepas, Malaysia