I learned about the Juneau Hostel from another Gogobot member, and staying here gave me a lot of extra $$ for wildlife watching. If you want comfort and no chores, this might not be a fit. But if you want to spend $10 a night and 10-15 minutes daily doing a light chore (such as mopping, sweeping or cleaning the ...
Restaurants near Juneau International Hostel
- 10.21 mi
- 20.19 mi0.19 mi from Juneau International Hostel1 reviewPopular withDesignNightlifeLuxury
- 30.23 mi0.23 mi from Juneau International Hostel1 reviewPopular withTrendstersVegetarianFoodies
- 40.2 mi0.2 mi from Juneau International Hostel1 reviewPopular withFamiliesLocalBudget
- 50.2 mi0.2 mi from Juneau International Hostel1 review
Bagels, sandwiches, soups, salads, goodies, great teas and coffee, and a comfortable (locals) downtown atmosphere. This is where Juneauites go for a good, relaxed lunch. A great place to sit and chat or read while enjoying a nosh.
- 60.38 mi0.38 mi from Juneau International Hostel3 reviews
The Red Dog Saloon is one of the tourist traps in Juneau, but it's a fun trap with a good root beer. They has a live comedic piano player and lots of interesting decor, including quite a bit of underwear, male and female, nailed to the walls or hanging from other objects.
- 70.31 mi0.31 mi from Juneau International Hostel
2011 update: I ate at Hangar on the Wharf three times in June, and it remains my favorite place to eat for the price. I discovered another great restaurant in June (Zen at the Goldbelt Hotel) but you can stretch a dollar farther at lunch at Zen than you can at dinner. Rusty's prices range from $10-$30+ all day long, ...
- 80.29 mi
- 90.3 mi0.3 mi from Juneau International Hostel
The cuisine at Zen is described as Asian fusion. As I recall the chef/owner came to Juneau from Hong Kong. Not only is the food great, there are several wines available by the glass ranging from Champagne and Sauvignon Blanc to a variety of reds. Lunches are less expensive and just as good as dinner (albeit with slightly smaller portions).
- 100.48 mi
- 112.91 mi
- 121.7 mi1.7 mi from Juneau International Hostel1 review