Just for You

732 22nd Street, San Francisco, CA 94107-3424

• Just for YouPro 2014
    Alex
    5 Jul 31, 2013

Beignets. Giant plates filled with all delicious manner of eggs and biscuits and pancakes and other breakfast basics mixed with Southern caloric deliciousness. Plus, it's in the very hip Third St corridor area. Get here very early on weekends, or be prepared to wait over an hour.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal Culture
    Roy Chi
    4 Jan 04, 2013

Just For You Cafe is one of my favorite overall breakfast/brunch places in SF. The service is excellent, the atmosphere has a grassroots neighborhood vibe, it's not pretentious whatsoever, and most importantly, the food is excellent.

My one and only complaint (and it's actually a pretty big complaint): the coffee here is horrible. The house coffee I had here was so burnt that there are moments when I felt like I was tasting Korean Shin Ramen MSG packets. I know it's weird and I thought I was going crazy for a second, but the taste just really reminded me of something MSG-related. Regardless, it was disgusting. But perhaps I just had a bad burnt batch -- so I'm not going to ding them too much on it.

The star of the show here is (as everyone else has mentioned): their beignets. I just came back from New Orleans, where I had amazing beignets from Cafe du Monde and Morning Call, so hopefully that gives me some credibility when I say this: Just For You Cafe's beignets are even better than the ones in New Orleans. Yeah yeah, gasp all you want -- it is what it is. If only I had some decent coffee to drink with it.

Corned Beef Hash was excellent; Crab cakes were delicious. Everything just tasted like good old fashioned homestyle breakfast cooking. I was bit disappointed with the biscuits (they weren't fluffy enough), but the gravy was addicting.

The owner came around with a big smile and warm greetings. Always a plus when you have a neighborhood joint like this. Also, with the long waits, they provide coffee outside for those who are waiting. Little things like this just really hit home for me (even though the coffee was horrible, but it's the thought that counts).

All in all, Just For You Cafe is a wonderful breakfast/brunch restaurant that blends together incredible food with a intimate, genuine vibe.

If it weren't for the coffee, this place would get a resounding 5 stars from me.

Fran
    5 Jan 19, 2014

A friendly restaurant, great for brunch, in the Dogpatch

Joanna Sun
    4 Oct 01, 2012

Good breakfast food, known for their beignets :)

David Recordon