JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles L.A. LIVE

900 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015

• JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles L.A. LIVEPro 2014
    Mel S Wong
    4 Dec 02, 2012

The location of The JW cannot be beat, right in the center of the LA Live action in downdown LA. Numerous good quality (mostly chains) are in the vicinity, Staple Center and Nokia Theatre are just around the corner. The garment district is just a short drive away. Great location! Friendly service and nice new modern hardware makes this JW a great choice when visiting LA.

Brklyn2LA
    4 Apr 07, 2013

Really nice hotel. Had a great view from my room of the staples center and Nokia theater. Gorgeous at night.

Terry Gardner
    4 Dec 31, 2013

Great hotel for a black tie event. Last night Hugh Jackman presented an award to Paul Hogan. I call this collage "Aussie beef and dessert" (Jackman could be either entree or a sweet to wrap up a meal)

Brian Ko
    4 Sep 06, 2012

The suites are definitely spacious and comfortable. The bar in the lobby is gigantic and the bar by the pool has plenty of seating as well. The pool is actually very large and over looks parts of LA Live. It's a great place to stay and attached to LA Live.

Sarah Hirsch

We had a great stay at the JW Marriot Hotel. It's a beautiful property in a fun location, and our room was comfortable and tastefully decorated. Our only complaint was the high cost of parking, but in this area, finding a better price for parking is a challenge.

Luca Candela

Nice hotel, very comfortable rooms and decent beds, not a fan of the showers (a bit awkward). They have a tendency to nickel and dime you a bit much, for a place of that level they could give you free internet at least in the lobby, the cheapest option is $12 a day which is excessive.

• JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles L.A. LIVEPro 2014
    Jason Flegel
    LGBT

I love the Marriott. I really do. It's generally the best balance of nice and price. Its location at the LA Live center doesn't get much better if you're into exploring downtown, seeing a show, or catching a Laker game.

The sleek California-inspired decor is pretty sexy for a standard Marriott. Well, this isn't just a standard Marriott. Everything from the wood-paneled hallways to the crazy carpet on the floor was a constant reminder that I'm not just in California, I'm in Los Angeles. The pool area is spectacular-- no wimpy 1-lane pool here and plenty of deck space.

My room was modern and cozy-- not big, but big enough-- and finishing touches like the ipod dock, laptop safe, and instant-chill fridge (no mini bar) really put it above average (I really would like to know how they are able to chill pretty much anything in such a short period of time!).

As seems to be typical, I had to pay for wifi during my stay here-- can't say I was amused about that.

Tiger Erikson

Cool hotel, super nice. I stayed in a suite that had a TV built into the mirror in the bathroom…I was almost afraid to touch it. I spent most of my time at the hotel on their sleek pool deck getting my tan on. I saw the guy who plays Conrad on Weeds, that made my day! Like the last review wrote, the location is prime. I was in town for a conference and was able to walk to it, which saved me time and gas. Though the hotel is part of a chain, it really doesn’t feel that way as it has many unique touches that I’ve never seen before. I’m an art aficionado, and I really liked the photos in my room. Things like that made this a great place to stay and I look forward to returning.

Nicholas D

The JW Marriott is California luxury through and through. From the boisterous lobby (with crazy colored carpeting) to the surfing photos on the wall of my room, I felt the Cali ‘tude. And, frankly, that’s what I wanted while in LA. The hotel’s hallways even match, with wood paneled walls hinting at beachside bungalows. My room was standard, and that is to say very comfortable and fully decked out. The media center was a much appreciated, as I was able to play music and movies stored on my various devices straight through the TV and sound system already in the room. I was bummed about the wifi charge, and didn’t pay it, but I got by fine with 3G. The hotel is in a prime location, right across the street from Staples Center and the LA Live entertainment complex, which houses the Nokia Theatre, a great concert venue. The hotel isn’t cheap, but its also not crazy expensive, and I would certainly return if I’m ever back in the city.

Huda Hashmi
    4 Jan 19, 2014
Showing Lowest Prices

The JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles L.A. Live is a branch of JW Marriot hotels, a luxury chain with locations all over the world. This hotel is surely one of the chain’s most upscale offerings. Each of the 878 guest rooms and suites is outfitted with a flat-screen TV and designed tastefully with fun carpeting and sleek wood paneling. Suites include touches like upgraded showers. The fitness center ... read more
and spa are top of the line and open every day (spa by appointment only). The pool deck is very nice, offering ample space to swim, tan, see and be seen. The JW Marriott is connected with The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles, and the two hotels share multiple full service restaurants and bars. Wireless Internet is available for $12.95 per day. Area attractions include the GRAMMY Museum and STAPLES Center.

• Business Center
  • Wake Up Service
  • Coffee & Tea Maker
  • Safe
  • Handicap Accessible

Excellent!1265 reviews across the web.

• Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
  • Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
    96% thought it was clean.
    93% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
  • Room
    83% thought rooms were spacious.
  • Ambiance
    79% were fond of the entertainment options.
  • Hotel Building