Going to Milan
Who's on this trip?
I am going on a trip that includes a 23-hour layover in Milan on December 25. I was wondering if you have suggestions for places to visit or things to do on that day.
Also, do you have any recommendations for hostels or places to stay in Milan? Would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thank you!
New York City
Trip Plan Details
- Hotel StrafVia San Raffaele 3, 20121 Milan, Italyrecommended Hotel StrafThe Zen-inspired Straf—slang for St. Rafael—is about as minimalist as you can get and still have all the comforts of a fine hotel. Designer Vincenzo de Cotiis used industrial materials (concrete, ... read moremetal, slate) in the 66 rooms, but gauzy linen throws and lots of mirrors soften the look. Wireless Internet access and flat-screen TVs provide entertainment, and the luxe accessories include plush bathrobes and Marie Danielle toiletries. The Straf's svelte black-clad staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The adjoining Straf Bar is a popular place for fashionistas –too fashionista for us, but it looked lively. Half a block from the Duomo and across the street from high end department store, La Rinscente, the location cannot be beat.Recommended for:Luxury TravelersLaurel W
Very trendy if you like that kind of hotel. Excellent location.
- Columns of San Lorenzo 39 Corso di Porta Ticinese, Milan 20123 Italyrecommended Columns of San LorenzoThese Roman ruin columns are a lovely place to enjoy a drink at night, when they are lit up to beautiful effect. Roman ruins are, in fact, a rare sight in grey Milan, so if you're missing the ... read morepageantry of central Italy, here's a great fix. It's a popular spot for younger Milanesi to hang out at night as well, and is surrounded by pubs.Julia P
Fun place to stop for drinks.
- Church and Dominican Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie Piazza Santa Maria delle Grazie 2, Milano, Italyrecommended Church and Dominican Convent of Santa Maria delle GrazieLeonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper is one of the artist's most well-known works. If you go to Milan it is a must see. You need to make reservations - we used one of the tour companies and it worked ... read moreout fine. The painting itself is much better than what you see in pictures.Recommended for:History BuffsLeigh Virkus
You could easily fit this in your layover.
- Pinacoteca di BreraVia Brera, 28, Milano, Italia
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele IIGalleria Vittorio Emanuele II, Milan 20121 Italyrecommended Galleria Vittorio Emanuele IIThe Galleria is basically just an upscale shopping mall, but spinning on the bull's testicles is fun as a way of adding spice to a couples' day out. And there are some nice restaurants.
- McDonald'sPassaggio Duomo, 2, Milan MI, Italy
- Duomo di MilanoPiazza del Duomo, Milano, Italia
- Teatro alla ScalaVia Filodrammatici 2, Milan 20121 Italyrecommended Teatro alla ScalaI saw Candide in Milan in 2008. That wouldn't have been my first choice, but an evening at Scala should be on your bucket list. The lighting and set decent are amazing, the acoustics are too, and the ... read moreentire experience is memorable. Opera at its apex.
- Piazza del DuomoPiazza del Duomo, Milan 20122 Italy
- Castello SforzescoPiazza Castello, 3, Milan, Province of Milan, Italy