- Bitter + Sweet20560 Town Center Ln Cupertino, CA 95014Omg RED VELVET LATTE!!!!!! This is my Bay Area coffee place! I'll have to come back for the ice creams and cakes. I liked the Portabello mushroom panini -- sourdough bread was grilled nicely on the ... read moreoutside. Mozzarella cheese + pesto + Portabello. Convenient location by Cupertino City Hall and Library. There's other restaurants around the plaza too.
- Michael Mina252 California St, San Francisco, CaliforniaGreat spot for a (fancy) date with its dimly-lit interior and delicious food (it's a 2013 one-star Michelin restaurant!). We started off looking at the cocktail menu and each ordered one. I really ... read moreliked my Shady in the Lady drink, which had little dots of some liquid floating on the surface -- interesting how they made art out of my cocktail! While glancing at the menu, we opted for the 9-course chef's tasting menu. In hindsight, we should have just gone with the 6-course (although it's fixed, so you don't know what comes out and both people get the same items). The 9-course menu items were listed on the second page of the menu and it's a dueling menu, meaning both people each get a different item for each course. This makes for an interesting meal since you can taste 18 different items! We started off with a slice of bread and honey butter, then a complimentary starter from the chef. After the main courses, there was a table-side green tea (matcha) service + complimentary bite from the pastry chef and a palate cleanser, followed by 3 courses of dessert. I'm not sure why we got the third...another complimentary dessert, haha. Counting all the food we had, it was really a 13-course meal. Oof! It was definitely worth the price tag -- the food was AMAZING! Definitely one to consider if you're looking for that special spot for an anniversary dinner :)
- Batteries to Bluffs TrailBattery to Bluffs Trail, San Francisco, California
- Wayfare Tavern558 Sacramento St, San Francisco, CA 94111
- The Butler & the Chef Bistro155 S Park St, San Francisco, CA 94107My friend's bf came to the rescue when we tried to find a place that was open at 9:30am for brunch. Wow! I didn't even know about this little area (South Park). The exterior is cute and the interior ... read moreis charming. Whew, we got there and were able to be seated immediately. If you have a group bigger than 4, good luck. The space is small and it gets crowded after 10am with the brunch crowd. I hear the chef has started working on a bigger space nearby. Yay! My friend's smoked salmon eggs benedict was amazing! Served on toasted orhanic olive bread, not English muffins. Side of spinach salad too! I LOVED my banane-miel Belgian waffle that was SO fluffy. I didn't even bother with the maple syrup provided on the side. The banana, honey combo was awesome and the toasted almonds provided a small crunch. Food here is locally sourced and breads + pastries are organic. I would come back. The prices are great for the quality of food you get!
- Union Square250 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102-1815Love the city atmosphere with tall buildings, public transportation, people walking everywhere, and shops lining the streets. There's a bunch of hotels in the vicinity; if you can stay at one of ... read morethese, it's super simple to find a place to eat/shop!
- Santana Row3055 Olin Avenue, San Jose, CALove this place just to walk around...high end shops here means I do more window shopping than "spend" shopping haha. On nice days there's lots of people walking around and walking their dogs too.
- Smitten Ice Cream4800 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CaliforniaYay! South Bay finally has Smitten Ice Cream! I first had liquid nitrogen ice cream in LA and I had heard of Smitten making liquid nitrogen ice cream too. I just haven't had a chance to try it because ... read morethey're in SF. This location is part of the Los Altos Whole Foods :) Enter from the front main entrance (from the ground floor parking) or inside Whole Foods by the deli. They have about 6 flavor choices that rotate/change depending on the season. Then step off to the side and watch your ice cream being made!
- Bi-Rite Creamery3692 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94110Oh wow, yum! Don't come on the weekend!!!! I finally had an opportunity to come on a Friday night after dinner and the line was not bad -- 10min! I've passed up stopping on a couple occasions when I ... read morewas in the area on the weekend because the line stretched to the intersection and around the corner, ugh. The flavors are genuine and strong. Yum, so creamy too :) +salted caramel -- strong caramel flavor, yum! +ricanelas -- has snicker doodle pieces inside +lavender honey -- strong lavender flavor + I LOVE that they let you get two flavors with your single cup/cone :D
- Amour Patisserie13 North Santa Cruz Avenue, Los Gatos, CA 95030, United StatesCute little patisserie I spotted out of the corner of my eye as I was walking by...I couldn't help myself and had to stop. The old man at the counter was friendly and I felt bad if I didn't buy ... read moreanything...gahhhhhh...the cakes were über cute!!!! Why why why???? I spent $6.50 on a heart-shaped chocolate cake. The raspberry cake was rose-shaped :O
- Chantal Guillon444 University Ave, Palo Alto, CAI love 'Lette in SoCal and I've been looking for my go-to macaron place in NorCal. I think I've found it! These macarons are pretty good compared to Laudree macarons. They're fresh too and the shop is ... read morecute. They have interesting flavors like poppy lavender and red velvet as well. I tried the Persian Rose and Hazelnut and enjoyed them. I'll be back for more flavors. They're not too expensive either.
- La Bodeguita Del Medio463 S California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94306Went on a Friday night. Thank goodness we made a reservation. Lots of people at the bar, some probably waiting to be seated as they were downing drinks. The skirt steak was amazing! It's loud in ... read morethere...hopefully you get a seat in the room adjacent to the one with the bar; it's more comfortable and a little less loud
- V. Sattui Winery1111 White Lane, St Helena, CA 94574-1551I read through a ton of reviews and decided to come. This winery is fun; picnic grounds and BBQ area! Drink some wine and grab some BBQ or other items from the deli inside. We headed to the tasting ... read morearea and immediately we were welcomed to a spot. I'm a huge Yelper too, and what do you know, there's a check-in deal for 2-for-1 deal on wine tasting. The two of us got to taste 6 wines for $10 instead of $20!!!! I'm just starting to appreciate wine. The wine pourer was a really nice lady, super energetic, and made recommendations on my tastes...loved the Off-dry Riesling, Muscat, and Gamay Rouge! Oh yeah, we got a bonus tasting of the Angelica - a blend of brandy and Muscat juice...interesting. V. Sattui really set the tone for my first Napa Valley trip as my first winery. It's a neat place for families to go and enjoy themselves in beautiful weather.
- Robert Sinskey Vineyards6320 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558-9747Had a really great experience here. The tasting area inside was full, so the lady suggested that we go outside. We went out and there was no one there. Someone had just finished and we took a spot. ... read moreThe guy was super nice. We shared a tasting between the 2 of us. $25 for 4 tastings and a bonus tasting of a wine they just released. Includes bar bites. It was a fun experience, making conversation with the wine pourer about the Napa Valley and wines. I can now appreciate a good Pinot Noir thanks to this winery. They just released a 2011 Pinot Gris. The pinot grapes used are from the Los Carneros area. I would want to come back again to taste more reds :)
- Morimoto610 Main Street Napa, CA 94559My first Iron Chef restaurant! I made reservations the week before, so we were only able to get a 5:30pm reservation or 9pm. We decided we would just end our wine tasting early and eat early. We were ... read morewalking along the Napa River behind the restaurant and saw the kitchen staff come out to the back patio for a pep talk/meeting. It was neat seeing this and they did a cheer at the end! We got seated in the back area. Beautiful interior decor that was minimal, simple, clean. It's neat seeing the kitchen area...and as our waiter was walking me to the restroom area, Morimoto had just arrived! Cool!!!! Toro tartare - left me wanting more. Our waiter explained how to eat it using the paddle to scoop some toro, dipping in soy sauce, then choosing a condiment to eat the bite with. Nori paste, wasabi, guacamole, puffed crackers, chive, sour cream. So good! Morimoto pork chop with apple/ginger sauce and kimchi. Big piece of meat...I was surprised. I'm not a big kimchi eater, but this kimchi went well with the pork; the sauce was great too! My bf got the duck duck goose. Wow, the duck confit was delish! Duck breast, soup, and fried rice with sunny side egg was yummy! I had a lovely experience here and can't wait for the next opportunity to come back again to try something else!
- Shoreline Lakeside Park3160 N Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View
- Chez TJ Restaurant938 Villa St, Mountain View, CA 94041
Help Kat Sun create a great list.Add a Recommendation