Trip Plan Details
- Nelson's Guide & Taxi ServiceCall or Email himrecommended Nelson's Guide & Taxi ServiceNelson is a wonderful driver and guide. He was extremely punctual, flexible, understanding, and offered a fair price. His English is perfect, and he is well educated and thoughtful which made for ... read moregreat conversation traveling around the island. It may make sense to hire him to guide you around Havana, if you really want an English guide, otherwise he is perfect for helping you get outside of Havana, to see some of the rest of this amazing country!!! Call him in Havana: 52792473 52924474 Or email him in Spanish or English: email@example.comRecommended for:Nomadic by Nature
I just found the contact info. for the guide I used to travel around. I highly recommend him. Just give him an email.
- Parque CentralMalecón Boulevard, Havana 10100 Cuba
- Callejón de HamelEntre Calle Aramburu y Hospital, Havana 10400 Cubarecommended Callejón de HamelVery cool and unique place. Great Afro-Cuban vibe. With dancing in the streets (only on Sundays), and different other artists around selling their wares. The whole alley has been turned into an art ... read moregallery, making the experience very surreal. It does get hot in the sun there though, and it gets very crowded on Sundays.
recommended Plaza de la RevolucionThere is a very impressive view from the tower which is circled by huge ominous vultures. The ministry of the interior and of communications both display huge portraits of Che and Camilo respectively, ... read moreand the plaza itself is nice to see as it is the gathering ground for political rallies/addresses.
- Cabaret ParisiénCalles 21 & O (Hotel Nacional)recommended Cabaret ParisiénThis is the compitition to the Tropicana Cabaret and is about a third of the price at 30 CUC per person. The dancing and costumes were amazing! Sexy and over the top. We did nto eat at the show, but ... read morethe dinner option looked a bit below par. After the show there is some wierd tourist salsa dancing on stage which can be skipped.
- Cafe Laurent257 Calle M between 19 & 21, Penthouse, Vedadorecommended Cafe LaurentSuper tasty food, and not yet on anybody's map so find it yourself. Walking distance from Havana Libre, it looks like any other apartment building but when you take the elevator to the top there is a ... read morebeautiful open balcony with succulent Cuban food.Recommended for:
- Cocina de Lilliam (La)Calle 48 #1311, between 13th and 15th, Miramarrecommended Cocina de Lilliam (La)Really nice international cuisine and seafood in a sort of gazebo backyard setting. Great service too.Recommended for:
- Sociedad Asturiana CastropolCalle Malecon 107recommended Sociedad Asturiana CastropolMy favorite place to eat in Havana. Right on the Malecon, the top level allows you to sit outside on the balcony with a great view or inside with airconditioning. Upstairs has seafood, and more ... read moreinternational cuisine, while downstairs there is pizza, pasta, and grill. Great service, and good prices for the value.
commented on this trip
I haven't been to Havana in more than ten years, so can't recommend anything specific, but a friend of mine who has lived there for a long time writes an iPhone app called Havana Good Time. Not sure if it has guide recommendations (not installed on my phone now, as the trip I was planning recently is off), but I know it's good for restaurants. When I was in Cuba, good food--or really, any food--was very difficult to come by, but it sounds as if things are improving a bit. Still, I would pack a lot of granola bars just in case.
- La Bodeguita Del MedioEmpedrado, Havana, Cuba
- Bar Ambos MundosObispo 153, esquina Monserrate, Havana 10100 Cuba
- El MalecónDesde la Habana Vieja hasta Miramar, Havana 10100 Cuba