Im heading to Honolulu on May 31st to teach a class. Im just spending the day and will have some time in the morning to grab some breakfast. I've been to Eggs and Things but what are some other must try breakfast spots in Honolulu?
- The Royal Hawaiian2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815
- Original Pancake House1414 Dillingham Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96817recommended Original Pancake HouseSurprisingly, I liked OPH more than I expected to. Its along the rows of restaurants in the Waikamilo Shopping Center, quiet and unassuming except for the line of people outside its doors. Parking can ... read morefill up in that tiny parking lot pretty fast. Stepping in, we see old school wood decorations. Luckily I found the sign up list at the cashier, so sign your name up and wait! Wait wasn't too bad for a Saturday morning, maybe 20 minutes at the most. Saw a white board with specials, but ended up with the corned beef hash omelette with the 3 buttermilk pancakes side ($8ish), add a side of spam. The corned beef was real corned beef! Not that canned stuff. The omelette can be made fluffy or flat, and believe me, the fluffy factor was not lost on me. It was beautifully puffed up, light and delicious. The side of spam came with 4 pieces. Remember that they have additional syrups on request! My hubby got the boysenberry syrup and said it was complimented the ......DELICIOUS Lilikoi butter!!! The butter was one of the items on the board and it was worth the $2.50 add. Combination of sweet and salty. It was PERFECT with the pancakes. I personally liked the original maple syrup with the lilikoi butter, but I'm thinking anything goes well with that butter. Free refills on coffee. One of the better places I've had for breakfast. Reasonable prices? I definitely will be back.Kelly G.
Everything is delicious! The omlettes are an especially good deal and a must try!
- Cream Pot444 Niu St # 104, Honolulu, HIrecommended Cream PotCream Pot is located in the Hawaiian Monarch Hotel.The Portion Sizes aren't as big as a normal Hawaiian meal but the place is super cute, decorated like a country tea house. The breakfast is pretty ... read moretasty try the Salmon Benedict or the Beef Stew Omelet.
- Diamond Head Market & Grill3158 Monsarrat Ave, Honolulu, Hawaiirecommended Diamond Head Market & GrillDHMG is one of my fav places to grab a tasty on-the-go food, such as their popular (and sometimes sold out) blueberry cream cheese scone, bbq plate lunch, their huge selection of cakes/pies, variety ... read moresalads, and one of the best plantation ice tea. i always get a plantation ice tea! Hawaii 5-0 celeb was spotted by me here ordering and picking up his lunch!
- Bogart's CafeSte 3, 3045 Monsarrat Avenue, Honolulu, HIrecommended Bogart's Cafethis is a little neighborhood gem, but lately the secret is out! i love love love the acai bowl here, it's truly the best on the island. the acai so rich and flavorful, not like the blended stuff at ... read moreother places. fresh fruit toppings of healthy strawberries, blueberries, bananas, topped with granola and drizzled with honey...my mouth salivates each time i think about them. it's so healthy and delicious, i can eat this every day. popular tv celebs such as Grace Park and others from Hawaii 5-0 have been spotted here!
- Morning Glass Coffee Co2955 East Manoa Road, Honolulu, HI, United Statesrecommended Morning Glass Coffee CoA small and quaint cafe in Manoa Valley, it serves up tasty food and great coffee. Try the breakfast sandwich, toasted ciabatta bread with local egg, thick slice of bacon, cheese, arugula, and a touch ... read moreof tomato jam. It's my favorite! A nice place to stop before or after the Manoa Falls Hike, or to read the newspaper and have a cup of local coffee before the start of the day.
- Hula Grill Oceanfront Dining2335 Kalakaua Avenue # 203, Honolulu, HIrecommended Hula Grill Oceanfront DiningI think Hula Grill could possibly be my new favorite spot for breakfast in Waikiki. Servers are all filled with the aloha spirit, and plus, it's breakfast in paradise, so how can I give them anything ... read moreless than 5 stars? Located on the second floor of the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach above Duke's, they've got an incredible view can't be beat - we were blessed with the sun shining, waves gently rolling in, and not a cloud in sight. The menu is simple, but everything looks tempting. Prices are very reasonable considering you're dining in a Waikiki Beach hotel. I started off with a tropical mimosa and my friend had a tropical fruit smoothie, which were both so refreshingly good. I ordered a short stack of pineapple and coconut pancakes, which were like fluffy clouds. Topped with their coconut syrup, and I was truly in heaven. Ahh, what a perfect place to get some fuel for the body to start the day!Connie Pistilli
I know there's Hula Grill in Maui, but this is one of my favorite spots on Waikiki.
- Mitsu Ken Catering1223 N School St, Honolulu, HI 96817recommended Mitsu Ken CateringHole in the wall serving cheap and yummy local grindz. Get the breakfast combo with garlic chicken and spam musubi! The fried rice that comes in the breakfast combo tastes best with eggs over-easy.