- Arthur's SeatSalisbury Crags, Edinburgh EH16 5 United Kingdom
- Dalhousie CastleCockpen Road, Bonnyrigg EHI9 3JB, Scotlandrecommended Dalhousie CastleThis is a luxury hotel located in a Scottish castle which plays up heavily on the castle concept. The place is full of charm and set in the countryside just out of Edinburgh. It includes a spa, a ... read moredining room in the dungeon, a library with a bar behind a secret door and opportunities to try out falconry. The bedrooms are lovely and vary in their ambiance..Comment.4 months ago. ReportLaurel W
The castle is not particularly historic but it would be pleasant to cycle there, enjoy the grounds, have tea or a meal, then cycle back to Edinburgh.
recommended RoslinRoslin is a small village outside of Edinburgh easily reached in a taxi cab. The main reason to visit is to see Roslyn Chapel. Note the two are spelled differently. You can also find a few pubs and ... read morerestaurants for lunch before returning to Edinburgh..Comment.4 months ago. ReportLaurel W
This would be a relatively easy cycling trip. The road is a bit rolling but nothing difficult. Roslyn Chapel, of course, has now become a busy tourist site thanks to Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code.
- Greyfriars Bobby Bar30-34 Candlemaker Row
- The Elephant House Ltd21 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH1 1EN, United Kingdom
- St Giles' CathedralHigh Street, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Scott MonumentPrinces Street Gardens, Edinburgh EH2 2 United Kingdom
- Rosslyn ChapelChapel Loan, Roslin EH25 9 United Kingdom
- Princes StreetPrinces Street, Edinburgh EH1 3EG UK
- Edinburgh CastleCastlehill, Edinburgh, United Kingdom