- Au Dernier Métro70 Boulevard de Grenelle, Paris, Francerecommended Au Dernier MétroA bar with great hearty food, good local crowd and absolutely packed on a Saturday night. I had the Confit de Canard and a beer, all for around 16 euros, which is very reasonable for the area (just a ... read morefew blocks from the Eiffel Tower). It's a fun and bustling place full of locals, which adds to its charm. At first, it might look intimidating, but everyone makes tourists feel very welcome.
- Au Petit Bar7 Rue du Mont Thabor, Paris, Francerecommended Au Petit BarThe atmosphere at this family-run restaurant is everything. This is a locals spot; I'm pretty sure I was the only tourist (and non-French speaker) there. However, service was warm and friendly. It is ... read morelocated in a very expensive and touristy area of Paris, but this place is none of those things. There is just one daily lunch special (so you don't get to choose, really) but mine was a delicious roast beef with fries and a glass of wine recommended by the waiter. Simple but powerful.Cindy
If you want a local place, go this restaurant. It's not even off-the-beaten path (I ate there before visiting the Louvre!). A hidden gem.
- Les Deux Magots6 Place Saint-Germain des Pres, 75006 Paris, Francerecommended Les Deux MagotsNot only does it have an incredible history as the old hangout of figures like Picasso and Hemingway, but the entire experience is memorable. The food was among the best I've had Paris, especially the ... read moredesserts! Guaranteed to be a meal you won't soon forget.
- La Mandigotte68 Rue Lepic, Paris, Francerecommended La MandigotteThis restaurant, located up the peaceful end of rue Lepic, is one of my favorites in the Montmartre neighbourhood! With its red door and window shutters it looks like a farmhouse or country cottage ... read moreand inside this small village feel continues. Stone walls and wood tables are simply decorated and downstairs is a second dining room that can be reserved for a private dinner. Now, lets talk about the food...everything Ive tried here has been great. My favorite dish: their hamburger, which is served in a paprika springled bun with a generous slice of Saint Nectaire cheese (and a side of salad and garlic potatoes) that is beyond amazing! Chocolate fondue is always on the dessert menu if you have room. And don't worry, after dinner you can work off all those calories by walking up the steps to Sacré-Coeur nearby.Natasha B
This place is very cute and close to Abbesses but on a calm street. Main courses are 13-17 Euros and are really good typical French dishes with a creative twist.
- Le Comptoir37 Rue Berger, 75001 Paris, Francerecommended Le ComptoirThis a very popular restaurant and will usually have a line to get in. We went around 2 and the line was short. The food and the service are excellent. It is a small place but it allowed us to talk ... read morewith some friendly Parisians about the selections on the menu. They were very helpful and the food was terrific - good enough to take a picture of. We even had some sausage that is made by the chief/owner. They did have horse as one of the specials but even our new friends don't eat it (anymore - when they were kids it was eaten to help them grow up big & strong).Leigh Virkus
Nice neighborhood as well.
- Amorino17 Rue Daguerre, 75014 Paris, Île-de-France, Francerecommended AmorinoThis is one of the best or the best for gelato in Paris and the price reflects it. The flavors are fresh and indulgent. We went to the store at 47 Rue St Louis en l'ile. When you are in Paris you have ... read moreto indulge.Leigh Virkus
You must have desert!
- Les Frangines46 Rue Raymond Losserand, 75014 Paris, Francerecommended Les FranginesI really love this restaurant! Its a little off the beaten track, but if you happen to be in the area (near metro Pernety) then make sure to check this place out! It serves authentic French comfort ... read morefood in a cozy atmosphere and is a great place to enjoy a good meal with friends at a reasonable price! I love their parmentier de canard (which is basically shepherd's pie made with confit duck) and their veal and pasta dish. They also have enormous salads and their burgers are delicious!Natasha B
Hi! If you're in the 14th arrondissement, this place is one of my favorite places for non-fancy but delicious French food! Here you can get reasonably priced meals (or cheese and meat plates) with a bottle of wine, and its mainly locals who eat here!