Trip Plan Details
- Panta Rei431 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA, United States
- E' Tutto Qua270 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA
- Caffe Macaroni59 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA
- Firenze by Night Ristorante1429 Stockton St, San Francisco, CA 94133
- Cinecittà Ristorante & Bar663 Union St., San Francisco, CA
- Pazzia Restaurant337 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA
- Ideale Restaurant1315 Grant Ave, San Francisco, California
- Barbacco230 California St Ste STLV, San Francisco, CA
recommended Nob Hill CafeYou pay for location, but the food is pretty good. We waited 15 - 20 minutes for a table on a random Tuesday evening, but once seated, we were very happy. Great wine list. Specials were...special. ... read moreSquid ink risotto? Pretty good. Gnocchi - even better. Go with what you know? Service is a little slow - they seemed understaffed? Again - food was great.
recommended LocandaIn the heart of San Francisco's Mission District, so you are paying for location as much as anything. BUT... Overall experience: great: from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave, you feel ... read moreimportant. Staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home and welcome. Cocktails - made with care. Wine list - to die for. Italian food - precisely executed and delicious. A lot of thought and care clearly goes in to each dish - creation, preparation, and presentation. Despite being in the heart of the mission, Locanda is a great restaurant - well worthy of the SF 'best' lists.
commented on this trip
Amarena was this awesome wine bar I went to while there.
The food and drank were great!
- Delarosa2175 Chestnut Street, San Francisco, CArecommended DelarosaThe burrata at Delarosa is some of the best. The burrata bruschetta with hazelnut and honey and the margherita with burrata (add sausage) pizza is the way to go.Recommended for:
- A162355 Chestnut St, San Francisco, CA 94123recommended A16Amazing. Incredible food. Some of the best italian I've had in SF.Recommended for:
- Flour + Water2401 Harrison St, San Francisco, CA 94110recommended Flour + WaterAsk for more bread AFTER you've finished your meal. You'll want to sop up the sauce from your pasta plates! My favorite of the evening - lamb raviolini w/ roasted cipollini & nettles. SO GOOD. ... read moreThankfully there was bread, or I think our dining companion might have picked up the plate for a licking. The boyfriend's pick - farfalle with braised duck, currants & dino kale. Extremely flavorful, and there's no skimping on the duck. We also ordered one other pasta and a pizza, but they weren't as good. Good, but these other two stood out. It was the right amount of food for three!Recommended for:
- Pizzeria Delfina3621 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94110recommended Pizzeria DelfinaDelfina has a pizzeria for the masses and a upscale diner for couples/groups. super stuff.Recommended for:
- The Stinking Rose325 Columbus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94133recommended The Stinking RoseThis is one of San Francisco's truly unique culinary experiences. If you even remotely like garlic, you'll love this place. Gorge yourself on garlic everything - from fries, to dip, to carefully ... read moreprepared Italian mainstay entrees and even garlic ice cream! The restaurant has an old school, earthy & classic San Francisco style, arousing visions from gold rush hoards, street cars to the Beat Generation and Summer of Love. You'll leave with an aroma that may last for days, but it'll be an pleasant experience you won't soon forget.Arlo Hemphill
It might be a bit of a tourist trap, but I love it. Garlic everything!
- Acquerello Restaurant1722 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, CArecommended Acquerello RestaurantLocated in the Nob Hill neighborhood is Acquerello, operated by Giancarlo Paterlini and Executive Chef Suzette Gresham. This is one of the finest establishments in San Francisco. Their selection of ... read morewine is to die for and the food will simply blow you away. Meals run in the $80-110 range depending on the number of courses.
- Zero Zero826 Folsom Street, San Francisco, CArecommended Zero ZeroThis is a nice gem of a restaurant in the SOMA. The dishes were made for sharing with the rest of the table. It was nice to order about 5 dishes and share it will everyone. My favorite item was the ... read morefig and goat cheese dessert. It had a nice creamy texture with a good amount of sweetness to it. A nice way to end the meal.
- Sociale3665 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, CArecommended SocialeI proposed to Gayle at Sociale on Valentine's Day in 2009. I wrote up the entire story and associated background on Yelp, and was later awarded a ROTD (Review of the Day) for my heartfelt efforts. Our ... read morefriend Lisa recommended Sociale for its Italian cuisine, wine, and romantic atmosphere. It was a wise choice, although from our East Bay perspective, it was a little bit of a hike into the City. Service was excellent, as was our meal. Our server was knowledgeable, friendly, genuine, and honest and was visible and invisible at the right times. It was a night that Gayle and I will always remember.
- Albona Ristorante Istriano545 Francisco St, San Francisco, CA 94133recommended Albona Ristorante IstrianoGayle and I braved a Friday Night rainstorm and an Occupy protest to come to the City and have Dinner at Albona with Ben P. and his lovely wife Amy. Both are moving to Miami next month, and this was a ... read morechance to talk about this exciting new chapter in their lives and to catch up since our last dinner together. I'm also hoping that after his move, Ben starts writing reviews again and otherwise enhances the Magic City by his hard work and wicked smart personality. To get him started, Gayle and I presented him and Wifey a copy of Scarface (which includes a digital "F Bomb" counter). Since we're from the Midwest, all 4 of us arrived early for our 7:30 PM dinner date. Some good neighbourhood parking Karma and a keen eye for locating the understated entrance also helped. Gayle and I also learned quickly that Ben is a "regular" here, or as he joked, it's one of the few situations where his association with a restaurant is a good thing. The practical upshot was that we were well taken care during the evening, starting with a glass of Prosecco when we first sat down. That high level of service continued through 2 appetizers, a couple bottles of excellent red wine, the main courses, dessert, and being greeted and thanked by the Chef at the end. You would think that Ben and Amy were VIPs here, but I did make sure that we split the check despite all that charm, class, and wit that was flying around. The dining room was well appointed, intimate, and was very conducive to the engaging and enjoyable 3 hour dinner conversation that ensued. Our lives intersect in various places (like St. Louis Park, MN) and it was fun to talk from various common frames of reference. The food was also fabulous, and when you combine that with the ambiance, the service, and the company, times like this make me wish I could throw in a 6th Star for Gestalt.
- Perbacco230 California St, San Francisco, CA 94111recommended PerbaccoIt's just simply the best Italian food I've had outside of Italy. Authentic, comfortable. I loved my lunch there. And they have seafood too. Just simply a great place to eat. I'm re-reading this ... read morereview and realize I just MUST go back. I must. As soon as possible.Barbara Kossy
Great food, comfortable, and classy.
- La Ciccia Restaurant291 30th St