Going to The San Francisco Bay Area
Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- Smitten432 Octavia St, San Francisco, CA 94102recommended SmittenNot your everyday ice cream joint! At Smitten, they take your order, mix it together, and then inject it with liquid nitrogen to make it cold and delicious. The result; ice cream like you've never ... read moretasted it! Fresh, cold, and custom made. Easily accessible in Hayes Valley with a nice outdoor area. Perfect stop after dinner or for a snack.
- Fraiche Yogurt1910 Fillmore St, San Francisco, CArecommended Fraiche YogurtHoly smokes this yogurt is out of this world. The yogurt is amazing, to start, and the toppings are always fresh, innovative, and delicious. The staff is friendly and very helpful with suggestions of ... read moreperfect combinations. A dessert standard, never lets me down.
- Marianne's Ice Cream1020 Ocean St, Santa Cruz, CA 95060recommended Marianne's Ice CreamA legendary ice cream shop above all others. The flavors here are miraculous, the choices endless and the prices good. I make a point to stop here every time I'm in Santa Cruz, no questions about it. ... read moreRecommended for:Local CultureAlbert Qian
Cannot beat this place. Seriously! So many flavors, not enough time.
- Mission City Creamery2905 Park Avenue, Santa Clara, CA, United Statesrecommended Mission City CreameryDelicious ice cream!! The popular salted caramel is my favorite but there are so many runner ups to choose from. Make it an ice cream sandwich by adding snickerdoodle or chocolate chip cookies.
- Bi-Rite Creamery3692 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94110recommended Bi-Rite CreamerySunday afternoon with no plans called for a impromptu day around SF for myself and a couple of buds. The line was small and moved at a good pace, so we were inside in only a few minutes. Salted ... read moreCaramel and Roasted Banana were my choices, although I asked to sample the Balsamic Strawberry before placing my order. I plowed through the cone and two scoops of ice cream in no time flat, which left me extremely tempted to fall back in the still surprisingly short line and grab another one. Salted Caramel had a good balance of sweet and savory. My friend thought it was nasty. Are you serious, woman?! I suppose it's an acquired taste for some, but most will agree that it's pretty damn good. That with Roasted Banana made for probably the best ice cream combo I ever had. No joke. Now that I think about it, the two flavors remind me of Bananas Foster, sans the need for a stove. This place is legit, so I'm putting 5 (stars) on it.
- Humphry Slocombe2790 Harrison St., San Francisco, CA 94110recommended Humphry SlocombeFancy flavours and a fancy name make Humphry Slocombe some of the hippest ice cream around. I had the peach habanero sorbet, which was admittedly delicious, as were all the other flavours I tried. It ... read moremakes a nice complement to a Mexican stop in the Mission, as it's all within easy walking distance.Recommended for:Julia P
Well it's the only place I've been ;-) so I guess it's my favorite!