Lima Trip Jan 2014
Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- Hard Rock Cafe LIMAAv Javier Prado Este 4200, Jockey Plaza, Lima, Peru
- Parque del AmorAv de la Aviación, Miraflores, Peru
- Hacidena MamaconaAlameda Mamacona, Lurin, Lima, Peru
- La CandelaríaFrancisco Bolognesi 292, Barranco, Lima, Peru
- Parque de la ReservaParque de la Reserva, Lima 15046, Perurecommended Parque de la ReservaPark of the Reserve is known for the Magic Water Tour, established in 2007. There is a world record of 13 distinct fountains in the park area. If you like fountains, lights and a water show, this is ... read morefor you. Visiting at night was a great experience, as all the fountains were brightly lit, some with colored lights, for an amazing water adventure. The largest fountain was at the end of the tour, called the Magic Fountain, with a jet of water that peaked at 80 meters high. What a sight to see! A second favorite was the Tunnel Fountain of Surprises, where people could walk through a tunnel of water. Very cool! Also, the Fantasia Fountain projects a nightly laser and video show. Great for the entire family. We stood in the middle to watch the show, which seemed to be a great viewing spot, thanks to our guide.Trinity
You mentioned you have done the touristy things already, but here is the Magic Water Tour if you haven't seen it yet. It's pretty cool if you like fountains and water shows! Have a great time on your upcoming trip.
- Circuito Mágico del AguaJr. Madre de Dios
commented on this trip
Hi K.G. - Lima is busting at the seams with new things to eat/do/see. Here's a link to my [in-progress] Lima guide: http://www.gogobot.com/user/alix-f/passport/lima-peru
I lived in Lima for about 5 years and am working on back-filling it, so check back before you leave!
I'll post a couple specific things here. In terms of where to stay, I'd recommend giving Barranco a shot. I haven't stayed there yet myself, but I've heard great things about Hotel B, a new boutique hotel in a recently-renovated colonial mansion. That district is also full of some of the best new restaurants in the city (La Pescaderia, Cala, La 73, etc.).
- Museo LarcoBolivar 1515, Pueblo Libre, Perurecommended Museo LarcoThe Museo Larco is not typically on a short list of things-to-do in Lima but it should be. It contains an excellent collection of pre-Columbian artifacts. As a special bonus, you get to go into a back ... read moreroom with floor to ceiling shelves filled with pottery that didn’t fit into the main museum exhibits. Another bonus is a collection of erotic ceramics in another building which is quite unusual and very interesting. The grounds of this small museum are beautiful, with flowering bougainvillea everywhere. If you have time, sit down for a drink or even a meal at the onsite restaurant/bar.
- La Mar CebicheriaAv. La Mar 770, Limarecommended La Mar CebicheriaCebicheria La Mar is considered to be one of the best ceviche restaurants in Lima. They don’t take reservations, so be prepared to wait, as the restaurant is often very crowded. One other note – they ... read moredon’t have menus in English, so if you don’t know some Spanish and are not too adventurous to make random choices from the menu then either do some homework looking at their online menu with a translating tool or don’t go at all. The ceviche dishes there are amazing – very fresh and uniquely prepared. Presentation is great as well. The atmosphere adds to an overall great experience.
- La NocheSanchez Carrion, Lima, Peru
- Papacho'sAvenida La Paz 1045, Miraflores District 15074, Perurecommended Papacho'sGaston Acurio (Peru's most beloved celebrity chef) has really hit the mark with this one, and managed to make a burger joint that is just as pleasurable an experience for the meat-eaters as it is for ... read morevegetarians. The atmosphere is classy and fun, with purple velvet and green accents and a giant cardboard menu. Veggie options include a garbanzo burger, a quinoa and lentil burger, and a squash burger. The Miss Nikkei is a personal favorite, with wasabi mayo and an onion ring. I've never personally tried the beef burgers, but I've heard nothing but praise.