Taking my 8 year daughter to Paris for the weekend. We've been many times but I want to show her something special. She loves art, sweets and music. Ideas? Merci!
- Cook'n With Class21 Rue Custine, 75018 Paris, Francerecommended Cook'n With ClassThis is a great class to take to learn how to make typical french goodies (like macaroons, croissants, pastries or bread) in a fun atmosphere! You can also learn to prepare a 4 course meal: go to a ... read moretypical french market with a chef, learn how to make the deliciousness, then enjoy it together!Delphine Braas
If your daughter loves sweets, it could be a fun activity to take the macaroon class together (it is in english). It's fun, yummy and you can make them again at home afterwards
- Disneyland ParisRue de la Marnière, Chessy, France
commented on this list
I'm sure she would love the walk up through the art market going to the Sacre-Coeur!
- Palais Garnier - Paris Opera8 Rue Scribe, Paris 75009 Francerecommended Palais Garnier - Paris Operarecommended Palais Garnier - Paris OperaOne of the most famous buildings in Paris. I never got the chance to see anything here but wish I had.Katie Pierce
Take her to a ballet at the Palais Garnier. Dance is universal and needs no translation, plus having a grown-up night on the town is always a win. I remember doing similar things with my mother when I was around that age.
- Musee d'Orsay62 rue de Lille, Paris 75007 France
- Pont des ArtsQuai du Louvre, Paris 75001, Francerecommended Pont des ArtsAs one of the few pedestrian only bridges crossing the Seine, it's become a top spot for sunset picnics, and just hanging out. Bring a picnic, a cloth to sit on and enjoy the day. No picnic? Just ... read morewalk, stop for the view and enjoy.
- Sainte Chapelle4 Boulevard du Palais, Paris 75001, Francerecommended Sainte ChapelleThe unforgettable interior of this high-gothic cathedral soars with the light of hundreds of stained glass windows floating into it's vast space. The upper chapel has 1,113 biblical scenes told in a ... read moreseries of 15 windows. the exterior is delightful too, full of flying buttresses and spires. It's on the Ile de la Cite', in the middle of the Seine.
- Berthillon31 Rue Saint-Louis en-l’Île, 75004 Paris, Francerecommended BerthillonWhen I think "gelato" I didn't think "Paris," not until we stopped in for a scoop of dark chocolate. I had my cone in hand, but just had to stop walking so I could truly appreciate the creamy, rich, ... read moreresonant flavors. There may be a line, but it's totally worth the wait.
- Père-Lachaise CemeteryRue du Repos 16, Paris 75020 Francerecommended Père-Lachaise CemeteryBe sure to spend at least a couple of hours in this beautiful "city of the dead". You could easily spend an entire day here, roaming this park-like setting with it varied array of elaborate monuments. ... read moreThere is nothing creepy about this place. Along with famous residents such as Jim Morrison, Edith Piaf, Moliere and countless others, regular Parisians rest here too.Leigh Virkus
This is something different. Your daughter can see the graves of some of the best in the arts & music.
- Repetto51 Rue du Four, 75006 Paris, France
- Jeu de Paume1, place de la Concorde
- Pain Vin Fromages3 Rue Geoffroy l'Angevin, 75004 Paris, Francerecommended Pain Vin FromagesIf you want to have your cheese, and eat it too, in about 76 different ways, head to Pain Vin Fromages (Bread, Wine, Cheese). The sections of the menu include Fondue and Raclette. Cheese and meat ... read moreplates from each area of France are listed on a cute little map, and the wine list includes some delicious bordeaux. Casual, friendly, with scope for some real gourmand pigging out a la francaise, it's definitely worth an evening and the 50 or so euro you'll spend a head.
- Musée Bourdelle18 Rue Antoine Bourdelle, Paris, Francerecommended Musée BourdelleAnother lovely and smaller museum close to the Rodin Museum, the Bourdelle hosts interesting exhibits such as a retrospective on the turn of the century dancer Isadora Duncan in the early part of ... read more2010. Antoine Bourdelle's drawings are full of streaky sketchy lines that suggest mystery and magic, and the courtyard isn't bad either.
- Musee Rodin79 Rue de Varenne, Paris, Francerecommended Musee RodinRodin's sculptures are breathtakingly alive. While "The Thinker" is the big attraction here, don't pass too quickly over the rest of this genius's work-the marble truly suggests movement. Make sure ... read moreyou check the opening hours before you go. And go into the garden while you're there.
- Centre Georges Pompidou19 Rue Beaubourg, Paris, France
- Colette213 Rue Saint-Honore, Paris 75001 France
- Catacombs of Paris1 Place Denfert-Rochereau, 75014 Paris, France
- Gare Du NordGare Du Nord, Paris, France
- Café de Flore172 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75006 Paris, France
- Mariage Frères30 Rue Bourg Tibourg, 75004 Paris, France
- Ladurée75 Champs-Elysees, 75008 Paris, France
- Notre Dame Cathedral6 Parvis Notre-Dame, Paris 75004 France
- Louvre Museum34 Quai du Louvre, Paris 75001 France
- Eiffel Tower5 avenue Anatole France, Paris 75007 France