Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- Bamboo ForestBetween mile marker 6 and 7, Hana Highway, Haiku, HI
- Travaasa Hana5031 Hana Highway, Hana, Hi 96713recommended Travaasa HanaNew ownership for the Hana property. It looks gorgeous. Lots of privacy and open space with gorgeous landscaping.Recommended for:Chris Kompst
This hotel now has the second-highest rates on the island, so they aren't shy. Freight trains, guardrails and honolua for surf if conditions are right.
commented on this trip
Can't wait to follow this one and see what is recommended. We are doing our first trip to Maui next year.
- Surfing Goat Dairy3651 Omaopio Road, Kula, HI
- Launiupoko State ParkTake Highway 30 south from Lahaina, Lahaina, HI 96761recommended Launiupoko State ParkThis is one of my favorite longboarding spots on the island. The waves here are rarely huge, but they are long, clean and consistent. Popular for both stand-up paddlers and surfers, and the area is ... read morebig enough that you are not competing for space. The entry is very rocky, so if you don't have booties be careful. I cut my foot pretty handily on a rock one day. The beach here is not Maui's most beautiful, but there is lots of shade and there is a big pool protected by a break wall that forms a great place for kids to play without having to worry about being washed away by the surf.Travis Katz
This is a great place to learn - not crowded, nice waves. Best if you have booties, though, or else you have to be careful getting in over the corals.
- Maui Grocery Service & DeliveryKula, HIrecommended Maui Grocery Service & DeliveryGroceries in your room before you arrive! I Love it no shopping after 5 hour plane ride and one hour Car rental experience. Just arrive and have an Adult beverage, Ready to go to the Beach!Recommended for:
- Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop820 Olowalu Village Road off of Honoapiilani Hwyrecommended Leoda's Kitchen and Pie ShopRecommended for:
- Star Noodle286 Kupuohi Street Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii 96761recommended Star NoodleAt the top of an industrial area in Lahaina, there’s a fantastic place to eat called Star Noodle. Their menu is mainly noodles, hence the name, with Asian specialties. Chef Sheldon Simeon incorporates ... read morelocal flavors into many of the dishes. A must try is the Garlic Noodles, really all of the noodle dishes are great. You do need to listen to the daily specials, they have some of the most inventive dishes here, thanks to Chef Sheldon. Before you leave, you need to try Star Noodle’s malasadas (a Portuguese donut) , served with chocolate and a butterscotch caramel sauce. The best part is that they’re open for lunch too…Jay Terauchi
This is the Best Restaurant on Maui and I usually go multiple times each trip. Chef Sheldon Simeon is one of the young up and coming chefs that the world will see, as he will be on Top Chef Seattle (beginning Nov 2012). Order the Filipino "Bacon and Eggs", Ahi Avo, Pohole Salad, and save room for Malasadas...
- Cove Park 2120 Iliili Road Kihei, Maui, HI 96753recommended Cove ParkArguably the best beginner's surfer spot in Kihei, and in my opinion on the island. The waters are shallow for quite a while making it easy to get longer, more frequent rides without getting tired out ... read moretoo fast. Location is right in the middle of Kihei, across the street from several condominiums, supermarket (Foodland), and places lots of great places to eat. Some resource links. http://www.co.maui.hi.us/Facilities.aspx?page=detail&RID=196 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-brl4f58lARecommended for:Mitch Tempo
If you've been out to Maui alot, you might have come here already as its hard to miss. Lots of surf board rentals, and classes across the street. If you want a more remote spot, you should go out to Lahaina, there are quite a few locations out there on the drive out, just watch out for the shallow coral.
- Paia Fish Market Restaurant100 Baldwin Ave Paia, HI 96779
- Mama's Fish House799 Poho Pl, Paia, HI 96779
- Baldwin BeachHana Highway (Hwy 36), Paia, HI 96779
- Alii Kula Lavender1100 Waipoli Road, Kula, HI
- Black RockKaanapali Beach (West Maui), Lahaina HI 96761
- Waianapanapa State ParkWai'anapanapa State Park
- Ho'okipa Beach ParkHana Highway, Makawao, HI 96768
- Twin Falls6300 Hana Highway, Haiku, HI
- Big BeachSouth Makena Road, Kihei, HI 96753
- Wailea BeachWailea-Makena, Hawaii 96753
- Iao Valley State ParkIao Valley Road, Wailuku, HI 96793
- Kaanapali BeachKaanapali Parkway, Lahaina, HI 96761
- Haleakala National Park (Kula)Haleakalā National Park, Kula, Hawaii 96790