Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Adventure Travelers
- 98%Local Culture
Member Reviews (1)
- Ketut's PlaceMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7First to ReviewDec 21, 2013
If you've ever read the book Eat, Pray, Love (or seen the movie), you've heard of Ketut Ayar. This old medicine man plays a prominent role in the Indonesia section of Elizabeth Gilbert's memoir, and the lat time I was in Bali he was alive and kicking at his home just south of the Monkey Forest in Ubud. He offers wisdom and predictions to visitors and many believe he can tell the future (although he told me and my friend pretty much exactly the same thing, on different visits). He's also quite friendly and fun to be around.
Good!247 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Ambiance95% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 89%.
- Hotel85% thought it was clean.
- Service85% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Location80% loved the excursions to surrounding areas.
- Food60% found the breakfast to be acceptable.