Going to Walt Disney World Resort, Florida, USA
- Soarin'Soarin', Orlando, FL 32836recommended Soarin'Felt so real! One of my favorite rides. We have done it four times in one day!.Comment.over 1 year ago. Report
- Johnnie's Hideaway12551 State Road 535, Orlando, FL 32836recommended Johnnie's HideawayWhen I went here I didn't know what to expect. I wanted to try something different on our first night on vacation in Orlando. There was a long wait for a table so we decided to sit outside which is ... read more'open seating'. We got our menus and ordered an starter plate, Shrimp & Lobster Fritters, which was very good! However it took a very long time to get our food ... maybe 45 mins for the main dish (we waited at least 25 minutes or more for the starter). Even the salad seemed late... I'm not sure if it was because of the open seating outside or because they were slammed that day... but it was an awful long wait to get actual food on the table... they refilled mu drink about 3 times. We ordered the 48oz Double-cut N.Y. Strip for two (served tableside) and it was worth the wait! It was cooked to perfection and the sides were very good as well. Although a long wait for the food, the food was excellent! I would recommend it to anyone, but make sure to make a reservation.
recommended Orlando & Walt Disney WorldDisney World alone is a universe of magic. Sure that's cheesy, but it did all start with a mouse right? So, let's get down to the cheese! Pretend all you want to be mature but there's no way you can ... read moreresist the reversion to childhood. And, why would you want to? Disney is detailed, thoughtful, and so well organized that all your cares will slip away. In fact, that's what Walt wanted for a visitor when they came upon the vast lands of Mickey and friends. You'll notice the signs, the greenery, and barely realize you haven't peed for 4 hours and were just fighting over the last salt and vinegar pringle. All your cares melt away at that first sight, smell, and general sensory overload reminder of the excitement you held in youth. The rest is just part of the incredible experience. Buy yourself an expensive ticket and promise not to think about the costs once inside. Consider getting a package that's all inclusive. And, don't you dare try to visit for the first time without taking at least 3 days (2 weeks) to experience the entirety Disney.
- 50's Prime Time Cafe351 South Studio Drive Lake, Buena Vista, FL 32830recommended 50's Prime Time CafeAnother one of my favorite Disney dinning experiences! The 50's Prime Time Cafe is set up to give you the experience of having a home cooked meal in the 1950s. Your waitress talks to you like she is ... read moreyour 50s style mother telling you things like making sure you finish your veggies. The tables also have little old black and white style TVs playing classic television shows. Great for families!Yogic Traveler
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue 4510 North Fort Wilderness Trail, Lake Buena Vista, FL, United Statesrecommended Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical RevueIt's a bit cheesy but the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review is one of my favorite things in Disney! I remember going with my family as a kid and having the greatest time. There is a live stage performance ... read morean delicious home-style food. It's silly and fun! I definitely recommend checking it out!Yogic Traveler
Loved this as a kid!
- Epcot1510 N Ave of the Stars, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830recommended EpcotEpcot is my favorite park in Disney World! I love everything about it from the cutting edge technology of future to a tour of the world in a matter of minutes! I loved it as a kid and enjoyed it in ... read morenew ways as I grew up.Yogic Traveler
Epcot is my favorite!recommended EpcotEpcot is, by far, my favorite park in the Walt Disney World Resort, solely because of the World Showcase. We were looking at the menu for a restaurant in Morocco (or Moroccotown or Moroccoland or ... read morewhatever it's called), and a young girl from the country working there came up to us and started speaking in Japanese. After seeing our stunned faces, she realized we were Chinese and switched to Mandarin. She had been learning from the girls next door (in China or Chinatown or Chinaland), she told us. This is exactly the profound cohabitation that Walt Disney dreamt of when he designed this place. The workers, mostly students from their respective countries, come to work and study in America while sharing their native cultures. The result is something no other Disney park can offer: a sense of humanity and the connections between people.Keane
Give yourself plenty of time to explore the World Showcase if you like learning about cultures. It's by far my favorite place in the Disney Parks... I was quite surprised.
- Downtown Disney1780 East Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FLrecommended Downtown DisneySomeone tell me why a pint of Guinness is cheaper in an Irish pub on Disney soil than it is in some bars in San Francisco... Downtown Disney in Orlando makes the Downtown Disney in Anaheim look like ... read moreMain Street, USA (the metaphoric American old street, not the street in the Magic Kingdom). Grand and bustling, it seems to stretch on and on. This is the perfect place to visit if you've just arrived and don't want to spend money for a half day at a park.Keane
If you arrive around noon and don't want to spend just half a day at a park, Downtown Disney is a fun attraction. It's about four times the size of the one in Anaheim, and it's packed with restaurants, shops, games, etc. Really, really fun. I could spend a day here.recommended Downtown DisneyEasiest and most convenient spot to "go out on the town" while visiting the Disney resorts and theme parks. It's a bit over the top with places like Planet Hollywood and House of Blues, but on the ... read moreplus side there is a good diversity of dining and entertainment options here, all of the local hotels and resorts offer shuttle service, and it's good for either families, couples or singles out looking for a good time.Arlo Hemphill
For generally night-time food, decent eats and a taste of the bar & club scene, downtown Disney is the most convenient "going out" destination to anyone staying at Disney. Sure, it's all fabricated and just as much of a show as Disney is, but its fun and sure beats the long haul up to downtown Orlando.
- Gatorland14501 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837-6632recommended GatorlandI often think back to the day I spent at Gatorland and wonder if that was actually me in the memory. Would I really go to such a cheesy tourist theme park? Apparently I did, and, yes, it is as cheesy ... read moreas can be. Where else can you see a grown man stick his head into a gator's mouth, watch your child ride one in a show or sample some delicious gator jerky along with your BBQ? As far as campy+educational fun goes, this place is tops. If you're looking for a legitimate theme park in the land of Disney, you will be somewhat disappointed.Keane
If you want to experience campy fun, Gatorland is quite interesting. Just tool your expectations away from the world-class entertainment that is Disney, and you'll find lots of intriguing things here. (It's the only time I've ever tasted gator.)
- La Luce By Donna Scala14100 Bonnet Creek Resort Ln, Orlando, FLrecommended La Luce By Donna ScalaWorld class Italian cuisine in an intimate and highly artistic setting. Hilton and Donna Scala have outdone themselves. Original works of chalk art adorn the dining room, and several of the premium ... read moretables sit right in front of the pizza oven hearth, creating a warm and romantic mood for a special evening or even a nice business dinner. For dessert, you must try their butterscoth pudding. All I can about it is - WOW!Arlo Hemphill
There are not a lot of high end dining establishments within Disney property that I could recommend with a straight face. However, La Luce at the Hilton Bonnet Creek is a blatant exception. This is the place to go if you want a really nice and romantic night out.
- Floridays Resort Orlando12562 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32821recommended Floridays Resort OrlandoFloridays is a good alternative to Disney vacation villas for families visiting the area's resorts. When I first heard about this place and how popular it was, I was expecting a Jimmy Buffett-style ... read moreround the clock beach party in a resort with all the trimmings. That is not what this is. Family-focused, all the rooms are either 2-3 bedroom villas with a full kitchen, washer/dryer and free wifi. The pool and bar are decent, but less than spectacular for the area, and the gym and other amenities are below average for what you'd expect from an Orlando resort. Probably the biggest bonus is the location, only 2 miles from SeaWorld with regular trolley service to shopping centers and the theme parks. I'd really only come back and stay here if I was a family with young kids looking to do an extended stay Disney villa-type vacation on a shoestring.Arlo Hemphill
If you like the idea of a Disney villa with all the amenities of home, but you don't like the price tag, the Floriday's Resort is a decent alternative. Like the Disney villas, the rooms here offer full kitchens, living areas, etc., and the property also has a deluxe swimming pool resort area. It's located not too far off of Disney property, but one perk in the location is that you are very close to Sea World.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge2901 Osceola Pkway, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830recommended Disney's Animal Kingdom LodgeImagine waking up, looking out from the African tribal decor of your mosquito net-draped bedroom suite and seeing the head of a giraffe walk by, grazing on subtropical brush. Now recall the fact that ... read moreyou are in Orlando. Weird, right? I mean, I knew places like this were possible in the Heart of the Dark Continent, but in the Magic Kingdom? Disney has outdone themselves here. These are amongst the best of the vacation villas I've come across - spacious, energetically decorated and full of adventure. Also, the jungle-themed pool area here is AWESOME. You can see antelope feeding as you down a cocktail from the pool bar! The one downside is that it's a little bit of a commute to any of the attractions other than the Animal Kingdom. But if you really like wildlife and don't mind shuttling over to Epcot, this is an ideal vacation spot!Arlo Hemphill
Another Disney Resort that I really like is the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is not as centrally located as the Boardwalk, although it is just outside the Animal Kingdom Park. However, for the other attractions, you'll have a bit of a shuttle ride. But what is cool about this place is that they have actual African animals roaming the property. You can get a villa that overlooks a jungle enclosure full of roaming giraffes! The amenities and Africa-lodge style of this place are also very nice.
commented on this list
Sounds like a fun trip ahead of you! For visiting the Disney World parks, I highly recommend staying at one of the Disney resort properties. They are a little more expensive than staying outside of Disney, but you'll make up the difference in convenience, extra hours in the Parks, internal Disney transportation and lots to see and do even when you are back "home".
Disney has a number of these resorts to choose from, but I recommend the Boardwalk Villas over all. These are sparkly new and spacious living spaces, with all the comforts of home - including a full kitchen, flatscreen TVs, etc. They sit on a replica old fashioned Boardwalk, complete with carnival acts, boat rides and boardwalk food vendors. But best of all, this one is in walking distance to Epcot and just a very short shuttle ride over to the Magic Kingdom.
- Spaceship Earth1510 North Avenue of the Stars, Lake Buena Vista, FL
- Pirates Of The CaribbeanAdventureland, Magic Kingdom, 4720 Caribbean Way, Lake Buena Vista, FL
- The Great Movie RideDisney-MGM Studios, Access Rd, Orlando, Florida
- Disney's Hollywood Studios1510 North Cove Road, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8421
- Disney's Animal Kingdom1510 North Cove Road, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-8421
- Walt Disney World1800 Epcot Resort Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- Magic Kingdom Park4720 Caribbean Way, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830