King Lobster Palace

2045 North Tustin Street, Orange, California

• King Lobster PalacePro 2014
    Kim L. "Lady Boss"
    3 Nov 29, 2012

Dim Sum Review...more like 3.5 stars =)

Pros:

NO Long lines here =) u get seated right away...+1

Dim Sum quality is good & hot...but .limited variety of food but they do have all the basic dishes for Dim sum... =)

Restaurant is CLEAN & nice decor, I like that...+1

$13.95 for their House Special Baked Lobster lunch special at this place. +1

Decently priced..cheaper than Capital seafood @ Irvine =)

• King Lobster Palace
    Rosemary Tsai
    2 Sep 25, 2012

I tried this place for the first time last week expecting it to taste as good as China Garden down at Irvine. Boy, was I wrong. I think China Garden has way better dim sum than King Lobster Palace. The price at both places are comparable, but the food quality definitely sets them apart. I think the dim sum at China Garden are more like the ones I tasted in Hong Kong.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying t's NOTHING like the ones I tasted in Hong Kong, nor anything better than the dim sums are Rowland, I'm simply comparing the two local dim sum places near Tustin and Irvine area.

I think for the shrimp chang fen, the skin is too thick for my taste. Usually, the chang fen skin suppose to be super thin and translucent, but this one was all chang fen and no shrimp. The shao mai has this after taste for me that I didn't like either. The meat inside the shao mai does not taste fresh at all. The color also looked off.

The only pro is there's no long. But, despite the fact that there's no long, I would not come here again. I would rather wait 30 minutes for good food than no line for food that I don't like.

• King Lobster PalacePro 2014
    JR Cajigas
    3 Sep 24, 2012

It's Saturday Morning, and just like any other weekend morning, you just gotta get your dim sum (http://www.youtube.com/w…).
    There's a handful of dimsum options in the OC. This one is pretty out there from my regular stomping grounds, but most places generally get the basic dishes right. One of my qualms was being seated in the "non-front tables," and it was true that carts did not go our way often and just stayed at the front. I thought that the carts would make their way fully around the restaurant, but sadly they really only came to the back tables when you initially sit.

-=-Service-=- Chinese restaurants aren't generally known for their customer service, but I felt this place was up a notch. When we requested a dish like 15 minutes into our meal and they didn't have it, as soon as a fresh batch was out, they brought it straight to our table.

-=-Dim Sum-=- It's typical selection. Nothing to rave, nothing to complain. Selection is basic. There wasn't a bokchoy cart. I'm a fan of turnip cake, but everytime they walked a fresh batch from the kitchen, they would walk right past us and into the front tables.

• King Lobster Palace
    Laura S
    2 Jul 05, 2012

okay... i came here for post dim sum meal...

1. the waiter seemed like he hated his life and was taking our orders... there was no ice cream so we were forced with the mango.
    2. we got the $26 meal plan which consisted of the soup, dim sum platter, rice, lobster, and dessert... not worth it
    3. crab/asparagus soup - eh... needed more pepper which i put in
    4. dim sum- low quality dim sum
    5. fried rice- had NO taste to it... you would think fried rice would be better than steamed but no... this was bad
    6. house special baked lobster - had no flavor. i thought it would bc its cooked with the asian spices but it had NO flavor. i had to dip it in Rooster sauce. ugh.
    7. dessert... the choices were ice cream or mango pudding... they had no ice cream so had to have mango pudding that was smaller than a chinese rice bowl! sooo cheap.

seriously!?

but i understood the quality of the food bc as i looked around, the whole place were nonAsians... dangit. how could i not see that?

it was just not good.