Kramerbooks & Afterwords: Bookstore and Cafe
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 67%Business Travelers
- 67%Local Culture
- 66%Art & Design Lovers
- 66%Family Travelers
- 51%Green Travelers
- 51%Spiritual Seekers
Member Reviews (20)
- Kramerbooks & Afterwords: Bookstore and CafeMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 7Aug 16, 2013
I stayed up in Dupont Circle once for a conference this great little bookstore was on my way into town. It's been years since I was there and I was only there for a week but I remember this place. It had a great vibe and from what I remember it had some great deserts too!
- Kramerbooks & Afterwords: Bookstore and CafeCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesBackpackers+ 4Feb 19, 2014
Have you ever wanted to combine your love of books with your love of beer? Kramerbooks makes casual dining and loving literacy easy. Located in a hip neighborhood, it's a great spot to rest after a long day of exploring. Grab a pint, a pasta dish and a book, and your evening is set.
- Kramerbooks & Afterwords: Bookstore and CafeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 11Oct 23, 2013
Members of Congress pay double at Kramerbooks, a DC institution and Gogobot favorite. Everyone else gets happy hour specials till close.
- Kramerbooks & Afterwords: Bookstore and CafeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Aug 02, 2013
I've had some of the best pies here. I would specifically recommend trying their peach cobbler pie. It is absolutely delicious. Kramer's is also a mix of cafe, restaurant, and a bookstore with a cool selection of books. I've also had other food items in their cafe and restaurant, and the dishes were yummy too.Recommended for:Foodies
- Kramerbooks & Afterwords: Bookstore and CafeMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 2Jul 05, 2012
One of my fave locales in Dupont Circle. How can you go wrong in a bookstore that has both food and booze, and where you aren't shunned for reading at a bar? The cakes are awesome; there are always specials that aren't listed on the menu, so go ahead, be adventurous - they'll all be delicious! If you have dinner elsewhere, you can rely on the cafe to be open for a later dessert.
- Kramerbooks & Afterwords: Bookstore and Cafe