Ku Dé Ta
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 74%Art & Design Lovers
Member Reviews (28)Write a review
- Ku Dé TaMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4
Like virtually everywhere in Singapore the service is highly variable but the views are stunning and Ku Dé Ta is well worth a visit.
The best views are from the SkyBar be pushy about getting them to direct you there. Less touristy and much more chic.Recommended for:
- Ku Dé TaMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6
The Marina Bay Sands Hotel is the definition of urban asian exclusivity. The hotel was very recently completed for the whooping price of $6.5 Billion and takes an extremely prominent position on the Singaporean skyline.
You may recognize the building as the one that is constructed of two towers with a yacht strung across the top of it.
On the top floor is the famous Ku De Ta and the infinity pool. The view is beautiful, the interior is nicely done, the infinity pool is spectacular, but to be honest, the drinks are as you would expect (lycee shots anyone?) and the crowd is not always mind blowing-- hence it's nice to bring your own friends to enjoy in this unique setting.
The prices are quite ridiculous as well, especially given the state of the American dollar, but honestly, for a once in a lifetime opportunity it is definitely worth checking it out.
- Flip flops are not allowed. Don't even try. There is a lot of security on your way to the 57th floor.
- I was there in August of 2011 on a weeknight and there was no cover charge to get into Ku de ta. It may have been because I was with a wedding party, but I suspect that the cover charge ($50) is only on weekends.
- If you go up early in the day to enjoy the pool, be sure to bring evening wear. Otherwise you will be kicked out at dusk. This is actually a very big complaint among Singaporeans who will camp out there for the day to enjoy the view and invest heavily in the beverages.
- Ku Dé TaMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5
Located up on the 57th floor of the impressive Marina Bay Sands Resort, Ku De Ta is an outpost of the well established restaurant/lounge out of Seminyak, Bali.
On my recent visit to Singapore, I've visited Marina Bay Sands and the casino, and Ku De Ta as well. Ku De Ta values exclusivity quite highly, I suppose to appeal to the moneyed crowd that they'd like to frequent the place. Hence the SGD $50 cover charge on weekend nights at this swank lounge/club, ridiculously priced drinks menu, and $20 charge to visit the well photographed swimming pool on the same floor level (this fee allows you access from afar, as only hotel guests are allowed into the pool).
Well, the view is spectacular, but a $50 cover charge is insane in my lowly opinion, even with the inclusion of one watered down well drink. The elaborately named cocktails are $20 each, expensive even for Singapore. And worst, thanks to the much sought after exclusivity, the crowd on a certain Friday night in July consisted of a staid mishmash of older expats, a few locals, and a random mix of hotel guests and other tourists. Generic music, no one dancing, and a fog machine? Really? Color me disappointed.
Yes, the views of Singapore from the wraparound balcony are absolutely stunning, and provided it's not raining, the posh outdoor seating is also really nice. But overall, this wasn't my scene. Definitely interesting to visit once and check out the hype surrounding the place, but once was plenty, thanks!