La Chimba Hostel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (1)Write a review
- La Chimba HostelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7First to ReviewJul 28, 2014
I definitely wouldn’t recommend this place for a number of reasons. First, I visited them twice to try to find out about rooms and both times I was unsuccessful. The first time, they said they couldn’t attend to me and the second time I waited around for 20 minutes and then just left as nobody seemed to want to help me out. There was a sign which read that breakfast was first come first served. I really wasn’t impressed with that. Breakfast should be available for everyone, whether they wake up a little later than others or not. The other worrying thing is that when I visited to find out about apartments, I wasn’t actually a registered guest and yet I was able to wander around (I got bored waiting!) without anyone questioning who I was or where I was going. There were serious issues in terms of security in this hostel, therefore, too.Recommended for:
Fair65 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- Location95% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
- Service90% found the staff to be very friendly.
- HotelHotel is nice enough.
- InternetVery good internet connection.
- AmbianceLovely ambiance.
- Hotel BuildingBuilding is pleasant.