La Fondue - Saratoga

14550 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, CA 95070

• La Fondue - SaratogaAmbassadorPro 2014
    Stanley Chan
    5 Jul 07, 2014

Most romantic dinner destination!

La Fondue is the bomb... a cheesy and chocolaty explosion of tasty goodness! February 28th, 2012 marks the 2-year anniversary between when Jacklynn and I started dating. To celebrate this occasion, we had a wonderfully fun and delicious, romantic dinner at La Fondue on the 29th. And what a dinner it was!!! Dinner included 1) Cheese Fondue, 2) Wild/Exotic Meat Platter, 3) Chocolate Fondue, and 4) bottle of Cabernet. To put it simply, the dinner experience at La Fondue, is unlike any other. We dipped a variety of little tidbits in cheese and chocolate, and we grilled our meats ourselves, and dipped them in a variety of sauces. It's literally grill your own food how you want it to be!

Wild Mushroom (4 Cheese & Champagne) Cheese Fondue:
    This was an absolutely delicious cheese fondue. Imbued with four different cheeses and mushrooms, it went very well with the broccoli, tomatoes, potatoes, and pickles that we dipped into the fondue. The cheese was thick and simply oozed cheesy deliciousness. We dipped and scraped every last bit of cheese from the pot! None of it went to waste!!!

Spinach Salad: spinach, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, carrots, with Lemon Tarragon dressing - a great starter salad, chock-full of excellent toppings! The Lemon Tarragon dressing was delicious, providing some tartness that mixed very well with the salad. The dressing is a winner; I wouldn't hesitate to use it on other salads!

Chef Salad: romaine, carrots, mozzarella cheese, chef rolls, cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms, with Honey Mustard dressing - one of the best-tasting salads I have ever had. Arrayed like artwork, the Chef Salad is fully loaded with excellent toppings, especially the chef rolls, stuffed with cheese and bacon, etc. The Honey Mustard dressing was also another winner - creamy but not to sweet, and provided enough sweetness to blend in well with the salad itself. Once you mix up the salad, take a big spoonful and taste the heavenly veggie sweetness!!!

Le Freak C'est Chic (23oz.):
    This wild/exotic meat platter is sure to satisfy any adventurous foodie with it's variety of wild/gamey meats! Arrayed similar to sashimi platters, the Le Freak C'est Chic is entirely raw; we cooked the meats ourselves on a grill and dipped in a variety of sauces, including butter garlic, BBQ, Teriyaki, mango chutney, ginger/wasabi, and Green Goddess. As for the meat, we had a total of 24+ different meats, including Chicken, Chicken Japonaise, Savage Wile Duck, Swiss Chicken, Teriyaki Sirloin, Bronze Turkey, Pacific Catch, Spiced Fish, Alligator Tail, Fondue Chinoise Cheddar, Fondue Chinoise Swiss, Free Range Buffalo, Pacific White Shrimp, Sea Scallops, Tiger Blue Shrimps, Tuna Saku, Black Angus Filet Mignon, Free Range Venison (Deer), Himalayan Beef, Kangaroo, Wild Boar, Wild Nilgai Antelope, Colossal Shrimp, Lobster, Kobe Beef, and Dungeness Crab!!! A meat lover's dream come true! Put simply, this was one of the most spectacular meat platters I have ever eaten. Aside from the basic chicken and turkey, all the other meats were of the gamey variety, and all tasted absolutely wonderful!!!

Chocolate Fondue:
    Chocotastic: Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut Mousse, & Mascarpone - this was chocolate heaven!!! Once the chocolate melted in the pot, it was time to dig in and start dipping with a variety of little tidbits: strawberries, marshmallows, rice kris pies, bananas, cookie dough, snickers, apples, cream-cheese balls, cream puffs, etc. The snickers and cookie dough were my personal absolute favorites. Once these sweet foods were dipped into the oh-so-delicious chocolate, the taste is enhanced 200%!!! Eating chocolate fondue is one of the most enjoyable experiences ever!

La Fondue featured an upscale environment, and offered very chic trappings on the walls, furniture, tables, etc. Our waitress, Tamera, was awesome! She patiently explained how to eat the fondue, how to grill, and painstakingly came by our table multiple times to remind us which meats were what! The service was impeccable and it was hilarious each time Tamera came by and gave us a shocked look when she saw us steadily chowing everything down! With so much food, most people would have capitulated, but the food was too good to pass up!!! Dining at La Fondue was a wonderful experience, and everyone should give it a try! The staff made it very special for us by even comping us glasses of champagne to celebrate! We are definitely coming back here!!! It's pricy, but totally worth it for the food and experience!

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife LoversTrendstersWellness
  • La Fondue - SaratogaCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Keane
    5 Jun 25, 2014

Brilliant restaurant and one of the most romantic spots I've been to in the Bay Area. They serve a wide variety of fondue selections from cheeses to chocolates, as well as unique meats like alligator. There's parking in the back and the staff are friendly, rounding out the great experience. Cocktails are a bit sweet, so stick to wine.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers
    Betty Chou
    4 Jul 02, 2014

Wine paired with cheese and chocolate is almost as good as wine with steak =] The Flaming Tortoise was my favorite. Ambience was a little too dim for my liking but an overall fun dining experience. Don't lose your dipper in the fondue or else you owe someone at the table a kiss or the next round of drinks haha

• La Fondue - SaratogaCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Audrey Lo "@GogobotAudrey"
    5 Jun 25, 2014

My favorite fondue place in America! Very pricey but for worth it!! They have exotic meats to dip in cheese and different dips and a variety of chocolates to dip with fruit and other sweets! Great date spot!

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • La Fondue - SaratogaAmbassadorPro 2014
    Kat Sun
    4 Jun 25, 2014

Wow, I can't believe I haven't visited before! This spot is cozy and romantic -- great for a date or a special outing with some friends. I love the atmosphere inside -- a bit dim, kinda rustic, with chic artwork and fancy-looking lighting.

Mitch is wonderful and has welcomed Gogobot again with a large group. We had a really great time and enjoyed trying all the various cheese and chocolate fondues!

My favorite cheeses: cajun, bacon, wild mushroom, spinach
    I liked all of the chocolates :3 I may have a chocolate addiction, but that's different story.

The cheeses with veggies and bread pieces were quite filling. Perfect combination. The chocolate fondues came with things like cookie dough, cheesecake, cream puffs, rice krispy balls, banana, grapes, etc.

Definitely contact them in advance to book your next group outing/special event; they take care of you here!

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersNightlife LoversTrendsters
    SDWIFEY
    4 Jun 25, 2014

Intimate setting for decent-sized groups and date nights. A wide variety of savory and sweet dips, unique mixes! Better paired with wine or your choice of liquor, this place will guarantee you and your friends a good time! Decor is...something artsy though.

Recommended for:Luxury TravelersTrendstersLocal CultureBusiness Travelers
    Rhia R.
    4 Jul 09, 2014

Gogobot sure knows how to pick their event venues! I wanted to see how this compared to another fondue place I've tried years ago. I gotta say, this one totally blows the other one out of the pot. My favorites were the Four Cheese, Stinking Rose, and the Cajun. The dessert fondues were right up there with the cheese ones. What's not to love about melted chocolate paired with fruits, cookies, and cheesecake balls?! I can see myself taking a date (or vice versa) here.

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife LoversTrendsters
    Joyce Visperas
    4 Jul 02, 2014

Great Ambience. Tried 8 cheese course & they were done just right. Service was awesome. Our server was friendly. It's my first time here & will definitely come back. I recommend the buttermilk cheese bowl but also try the balsamic-spinach cheese bowl. Can't wait to try the chocolate fondue!!!

Owie
    4 Jun 25, 2014

I came here on New Years Eve expecting a grand feast and exotic meats on the table, but I was subjected to a set menu. I was disappointed, but I was curious to see what they had to offer. Appetizer was your typical fondue cheese dip with bread and mixed fruits. The cheese was a New Years Eve special and it was delicious. The main course consisted of sirloin, filet mignon, shrimp, chicken, and lobster. Very tender and fresh, but I was hoping for more since they were very small bits. For dessert we had chocolate fondue with various pastries. Overall I was satisfied, but the bill came out to a whopping $190. I was shocked they would pull a dick move like this and take advantage of a special occasion by jacking the price up. I'm sure I would of had a better experience if I went on a regular day, but this the season to be greedy...

P.S This being my 200th review, I would like to give a shout out to my bubs because without him I would not have any material to write on.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBudget TravelersFoodiesLuxury Travelers
    Mimi Trieu
    5 Jul 02, 2014

Who doesn't love cheese and chocolate?!? They have many different cheese fondue options like spicy jalapeño, bacon, buttermilk, pesto, Mediterranean, mushroom and spinach and balsamic. The chocolate ranges from milk, dark and white and you get different liqueurs with it. They also have an array of meats to cook over the grill or in broth (grill is better). For the adventurous diner they have game-ier meats like ostrich, buffalo, and alligator. Yes, it's a little pricey but it's decadent and you get the ambience. Let's be honest, who doesn't look better in the dark :)
    It's definitely worth a try. A fun place to enjoy with friends but also intimate enough if you'd like to have a date night. Be sure to ask for extra bread, strawberries or extra dippers if needed (they're free)!

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersNightlife LoversTrendsters
    Samantha Chen
    5 Jun 25, 2014

Perfect place for a date if you love cheese and chocolate. They got the mood lighting right and the fondues are delicious :)

Fraulein Angela Casigan
    4 Jun 25, 2014

Sharing is caring when you dip cheeses with veggies and bread, cuts of yummy meats such as wild boar, elk, alligator, etc. At the end of your dinner, don't forget to make room for delicious melted chocolate bubbling in the pot and dipping fruits, marshmallows, and pretzels, etc. to cap off your evening!! The ambiance is romantic with dim lighting, cozy booths to snuggle next to your significant other or date, and beautifully decorated. Make sure to make reservations, because you don't want to be THAT person who gets turned away when they're fully booked.

Albert Qian
    5 Jun 25, 2014

Looking for a date night spot? Some good exploration? A combination of both? Check out La Fondue! The Fondue here is heavenly and to die for, especially the bacon. Everything here is extremely flavorful and there's no doubt you'll want to come back for more.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers
    Chuck Nguyen
    5 Jun 25, 2014

Delish mix of fondues and amazing friendly staff. A must try experience if you haven't. Dipping meat veggies and bread into fine ingrediants is what the gods do.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFamily TravelersLuxury TravelersTrendsters
    gummy boots
    3 Mar 24, 2014

We ordered the meat fondue and cheese fondue and felt it was over the top. Next time, we will just go for our favourite - the cheese fondue. Nice dark atmosphere with banquet seats. Good for a romantic date.

Verlisia
    4 Jun 30, 2014

I have always have special feelings for fondue. My logical mind finds it hard to justify being extravagant on a meal with just cheese, bread, a few pieces of meat (that you have to cook) and some fruits to dip in molten chocolate. Still, I cannot resist wanting to stick a little skinny fork into that magical cauldron and just stir.

I have been to La Fondue numerous time over the last couple of years and tried a lot of their stuff on the menu.

Service here is mostly good but could be quite slow at times. On my last visit I waited really long time between different courses. At some point my dinner fondue broth was left boiling for too long and eventually overflown.

Do come here for dessert fondue after 9:30 (10:30 on weekends). Only $20 for 2 person. One of the easiest (and relatively cheap) way to impress your date. The ambiance is very romantic (aka super dim lighting and cozy sofas at some of the booth). If you do come for a full dinner, budget at least 3 hours for it. Make reservation if you plan to dine on the weekend.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesNightlife Lovers
    Travis Katz
    5 Oct 23, 2013

Amazing spot. The service is incredible, the atmosphere romantic and fun, and the food is great. Our waiter, Kyle, was top notch.

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife Lovers
    Sharon K. Yapp
    4 Aug 20, 2013

La Fondue is a lovely little restaurant in Saratoga that is a perfect spot if you're looking for a dining experience that's a little different from the norm! Fondue, obviously, is the specialty, and there are plenty of varieties of cheeses and meats to choose from. And don't forget the chocolate fondue for dessert! Oh la la...

Recommended for:Nightlife LoversTrendsters
    Connie Pistilli
    5 Aug 03, 2013

I adored the over-the-top glam-chic decor so much the moment I stepped foot through the heavy velvet curtains that I decided then and there that it would be where I would celebrate my birthday, a good 6 months away.

Fast forward to October, and indeed, my friends and I returned for an intimate dinner celebration. While we waited for our room to be cleared out and set up, we enjoyed some Pear French Martinis in the front lounge area. Soon after getting our cocktails, we headed back to the mauve room, which had metal bead curtains and a plush silver banquette - fitting for my glitter themed party.

Because we had a large party, my BFF worked with the restaurant and pre-arranged a menu for our group which included cheese and decadent chocolate fondues. The mushroom truffle cheese was so ooey good. My friends and I had so much fun dipping, swirling and feeding each other. We didn't want to just fon-do it, so we decided to order a few meats that we could grill on our tables, including buffalo, filet mignon and scallops. Everything was delicious!

If you were to ask me what my top 5 favorite birthdays were, I would say that this one is definitely on that list. The ambiance, the food, the service, the company - absolutely special in every way.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
    Terre
    5 May 26, 2013

I love La Fondue and I think I surprised Tracey the owner. When she introduced herself as the owner, I grabbed her and gave her a bear hug and exclaimed loudly that I loved the place. Later that night, I realized that was probably really odd, but I didn't even think, my mind thought, "GRATITUDE!!" and my arms thought, "HUG!" (Sorry, Tracey!) I love La Fondue. I love it as a place to go for a wonderful meal that is an EVENT. AND I love it as a place that has allowed EVENTS to be there. I have been to two events there. The lastest one with Gogobot. It was tremendously fabulous -- as have been all my visits there. I think I wrote a review about the fabulous service I've receive there in the past. I look forward to my next visit! YUMMY! GREAT service and GREAT food!

1,859 people visited La Fondue - Saratoga

Very Expensive

Dinner: Sun 4pm – 9:30pm Mon – Thurs: 5pm – 9:30pm Fri: 5pm – 10:30pm Sat: 3:30pm – 10:30pm

Inventive fondue options including a "Wild Thing" mix of meats to dip like alligator and elk. La Fondue has been consistently lauded as place for special and romantic occasions.

Inn at Saratoga