Tribes: Who likes this place?
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (4)
- La SireneMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Jan 21, 2013
Charming little French restaurant in Soho. The restaurant is clearly a labor of love for its owner. The decor is simple but the food is excellent. This is one of the few BYOB places in the area. Although you can save money on wine, menu prices are justifiably higher than most non-BYOB French restaurants in the area.
Vegetarian options are limited. The space used to be very small but just doubled in size. Reservations are still an absolute must.
Cash only. No credit cards.
- La SireneMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 5Jan 09, 2013
J'TAIME, LA SIRENE!
(1) Tartelette de Chevre Frais aux Echalottes, Truffes, Raisins Confit et Voile de Vieux Gruyere - Insanely good and probably the best appetizer on the menu! Oozing goat cheese on top of flaky dough? Hook it up.
(2) Escargots a la Bourguignone - Juicy little suckers. Lots of flavor and lots of love.
(3) Moules Marinieres (steamed mussels) - Huge mussels (HA!) with a pleasant flavor combination of white wine and fresh rosemary.
(4) Onglet Poêlé à la Facon Luchonaise (hangar steak) - Very good. Perfectly cooked and perfectly flavored with the roasted garlic and parsley sauce.
(5) Cannele Bordelais au Mascarpone et Senteur d' Amandes (rum cake and almond flavored mascarpone) - Perfect ending to a good meal, not too overbearing or sweet. Very tasty with the mascarpone sauce. Delicious and small.
Our waitress was super sweet. She left me three messages to confirm my dinner reservations but I am horrible with messages and never responded. She was persistent and made sure we actually had the opportunity to dine here by calling me again and again. Love her.
NO CORKAGE FEE. Very nice.
CASH ONLY, so be prepared.
Yes it's TINY, but it's a French bistro, what do you expect?
- La SireneCommunity Manager