LAB Brewing Co

30105 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills, CA, United States
LAB Brewing Co

• LAB Brewing CoPro 2014

This hidden gem in Agoura Hills is definitely a hidden gem. The amount of beers that they have on hand will have your eyes and taste buds watering. They brew their beer at the location, and the best part is, Rodger has been experimenting with different combinations of brews since he was a teenager, and you can taste the fact that the experiments have been successful.

I decided on the Lost Coast Apricot wheat while the wife decided on the downtown brown. The beers we more than delicious, as they were satisfying to the taste buds.
    Tiffany the bartender was great, and made sure that we were taken care of.

If you want to give this place a try, happy hour is a great start, and they have some great happy hours at this place, You can also drop by on a Friday or a Saturday night and you will have a great time with a DJ playing some great music.

Parking is in the lot, and is a non issue.

• LAB Brewing Co

No one can make beer taste as delicious as Roger, The Lab Brewing Co's brewmaster extraordinaire. He's been experimenting with different brews since the age of 16, so you know you're in good hands. All the beers are brewed locally in the restaurant, so none of them travel more than 40 feet to get to your mug!

My favorite is the Take Her Home (Belgian style tripel). I dare anyone to not fall in love with this beer. Light, yet flavorful, and deceivingly strong. 10.8% alcohol, 100% perfection. Aptly named, I brought a growler home--that's 64 ounces of party rockin' condensed in a jug.

The venue itself is a great place to hold events. It has an outside patio with a fireplace, as well as a stage inside for a dj or some karaoke.

Best thing is that they donate their leftover grains from brewing to local hog farmers. While most breweries do this, it's still worth a mention. Support sustainability!

• LAB Brewing Co

This place is just what this area needed! I am so happy to have found The Lab and I hope to be back again and again and again!

The brewery/restaurant is owner/brewmaster - operated and the best of what you can expect from a local business. Roger brews the beers in-house and they only travel 40 feet form where he makes them to your glass - how cool is that?!?

The beer is SO good and warm welcome from what's normally on tap at an average neighborhood bar. You can also buy growlers of their beer as well :)
    Honey I'm Home Blonde - A great light, refreshing beer for warm weather
    Lab XPA - For all you hops lovers out there, this one is bitter!
    Take Her Home Triple - My fav! Perfect balance and only 12% alcohol, haha
    Big Ass Red - A wonderful amber ale that's easy to please
    After Midnight Moo - I'm not normally a fan of dark beer but this one's a winner, so so smooth

My fav bites to eat at this place are the burger, brussel sprouts with bacon, carrots with Greek yogurt and the kale salad with almonds. The various pizzas are also tasty too :)

Service here is awesome. The staff loves beer just as much as the owners and everyone is friendly! It makes The Lab such a fun place to be!

Beers are only $4 here during happy hour until 7pm! And the happy hour on Monday begins again at 9pm! And they have live music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights!

• LAB Brewing CoPro 2014

The Lab Brewing Co is a brewery start-up (only 4 mos old!), so when you visit, just know that you are shoving it up THE MAN by supporting the little guy (take that Yardhouse!, take that BJ's!). The beer here was pur-retty amazing. Upon first walking in, I just bypassed the dining table and got myself a glass of The LAB XPA at the bar. More on that in a minute:

Specials ==- Monday is Industry Night - Happy Hour All Night for ALL.

-=-Beers-=- Get the XPA. It's not as hoppy as other IPA's, but 2 cups of this would make any man happy. The Oatmeal Stout was my 2nd favorite with the fullness of a Guinness and the after taste of chocolate. Mmmm...chocolate. The saying here goes that your beer travels less than 40 ft because all of it is brewed and fermented onsite.

-=-The LAB Burger-=- "If this is not one of your top ten burgers, then you get it for FREE." Woohoo. Ok, not so woohoo, because I loved it. The Gruyere/Blue Cheeses made this burger. It was melted all over inside and I thought it was dressing at first, but it was CHEESE. I typically like my burgers medium or cooler. Mine ended up being Well, so definitely request a warm temp to savor the flavoring of that Kobe beef.

-=-Pizzas-=- Sampled the Wild Mushroom and Harvest Pizza. These are not your typical rounds, but are actually artisan pizzas with a thin, but light dough that gives a medium to low rise from using less yeast. The sauce is also light, but the fullness came from the toppings. The Harvest Pizza had a strong blue cheese composition which was a bit too overbearing for even a cheese-lover like me. The Wild Mushroom one though got it right by having a yummy mushroom-y sensation with every bite. Get this for the light eating moods.

-=-Brussel Sprouts-=- Brussel Sprouts my 3rd favorite dish here? How could that be!? I'm confused. All I know is that every bite into my sprouts were filled with flavor and were steamed to a perfect softness that would go perfect with any heavy meat-based meal.

-=-Mac and Cheese-=- I'll have to try the loaded mac next time I am here. The plain one was a bit too plain for my palate, but the crunchy layer on top was the definite winner.

-=-BBQ Duck Quesadilla-=- I didn't get as much duck taste from these. It was also too thinly constructed to accentuate any meat flavoring. My neighborhood taco trucks pound the meat into their quesadillas, but the result is always an overly oily mess. This place did it right, but I can't help but feel - needs more duck!

-=-Cookie Icecream-=- Ate a whole plate of these, sorry diet. It's not a soft cookie, so be sure to let the ice cream soak in to soften it up. By then though, the cookie's not warm anymore :(....dilemma.

My next meal here will be: XPA Beer, LAB Burger Medium Rare, Habanero Fries (YESS!!), Loaded Mac&Cheese (Extra Bacon!), Oatmeal Stout. And it will be to a live band, because there's always a live band and lounging crowd on Thursday through Saturday nights.

• LAB Brewing Co

I have been to The Lab Brewing Company several times and have been quite impressed with both the food and service. The Lab isn't very close to me but if I were ever in the area I wouldn't mind eating there again.

Parking:
    The Parking is very easy. They are located in a shopping center, so there is plenty of parking. There are signs that say 2 hour maximum parking, but apparently they don't check. Most likely your meal wouldn't be longer than 2 hours anyway.

Food:
    The food is delicious. Most everything I have tried has been pretty good. I love their burgers. It's one of my favorite things there. They also have delicious Mac n Cheese. They also have some delicious beer braised meatballs. Overall great delicious food!

Beer:
    Their beer is very good. Roger (Brew Master and Owner) definitely knows his beer. May favorite is the Taker Her Home Tripel! It's strong but you can't tell.

Service:
    The service is great. All the servers are super friendly and attentive. Top notch service.

The Lab is definitely a great place to check out if you are in the area.

• LAB Brewing Co

If you're on the 101 FWY heading north to Santa Barbara or Ventura County or coming south to LA, this is a great spot to stop for some food and drink, just not too much to drink! I was able to come here with a group of friends and enjoy LAB's patio area on a beautiful Sunny Sunday. We had an event that was catered to us with a tasting menu of what LAB had to offer and I enjoyed every moment of it!

Let me first mention that I am no beer expert, but I do know what I like and don't. I tasted a couple of beers today and I walked out with two 'Growlers' (64oz Jug) of the After Midnight Moo and Take Her Home! These are fresh micro-brew beers that will last in the fridge for about a week if unopened and they are great to pick up if you're going to a house party. 1/2 gallon of fresh micro-brew beer for $20 = no brainer!

Here's a list of their beers they brew in house:

After Midnight Moo = Milk Stout
    Bad Influence IPA = IPA
    Big Ass Red = Amber Ale
    Cold Fusion Java Porter = Breakfast Beer!
    Lab Wit = Belgian style wheat
    LAB XPA IPAs = baby brother
    Take Her Home = Belgian style tripel

You can always get their flight to taste almost everything they have to offer. If you have specific taste, just let them know the type of beers you like and I'm sure they can put a flight for you specifically. Why? Cause service is great here! All the staff have genius beer chip installed in em', so ask away. I doubt you'll catch them off guard ;)

The patio area is a great place to hold private party and it's gorgeous during the day. The restaurant was nice enough have turned on their fire place on the corner for us and that to me just added an extra touch! Plus, they have a bar in the patio area. It could only get better if there was a bathroom here as well! Till the next Beer Party!

• LAB Brewing Co

Cold Fusion Java Porter is my favorite beer here!

197 people visited LAB Brewing Co