Ladurée au Printemps de la Mode (1er étage)

62 Boulevard Haussmann, 75009 Paris, France

• Ladurée au Printemps de la Mode (1er étage)
    Rene
    5 Sep 19, 2013

A few weeks back when I asked our friend if there was anything we could bring back from our trip for her, she without hesitation asked for macaroons from Ladurée.

Macaroons? Really? I am going to one of the great food capitals of the world and all you can think of is a cookie? Just how good can a cookie be?

Once I had my first bite of a Ladurée macaroon I learned quickly that these were not just a cookie. I mean I have had macaroons before and at some pretty highly regarded places like Gary Danko in San Francisco and Daniel in New York. So I thought I knew all about these little colorful desserts. But to be honest I was never truly blown away by them.

But this has all changed.

Ladurée does not use any preservatives and mean it when they say that their macaroons only have a 7 day shelf life. So we waited until our full day of our trip to walk down to Ladurée and pick Gill up her macaroons. This location is a little hard to find as it is inside of a department store right near the cosmetics. But my wife had her sniffer working and were able to locate them.

We picked up a box and chose one of each flavor, but before we left my wife was curious to try one and asked for a pistachio. The customer service person who was very nice also gave us a complimentary caramel as well. We had planned on waiting to eat them later over a glass of wine, but as we walked down the street we just could not wait and shared bites of the pistachio. YES!!!!!! This thing ROCKS!!!!! After fighting for the last bite of that, we then feasted on the caramel which by the way WAS EVEN BETTER!!! That macaroon is one of the best things I have ever tasted and I am not kidding!

If you live in the states and are reading this and saying, no really they are just cookies. I am here to tell you, you MUST check this place out. A macaroon from Ladurée will change your life. And in the event you forget to pick up a box in the city, we learned that there is a Ladurée inside the departure area of terminal 2 at Charles de Gaulle

• Ladurée au Printemps de la Mode (1er étage)
    David Mendelson
    5 Feb 22, 2013

nice place
    good food
    great decore

3 people visited Ladurée au Printemps de la Mode (1er étage)

Concorde Opera Paris