Ladurée

5 Aug 17, 2014

BEST MACAROONS IN THE WORLD. EAT THESE IF YOU DO NOTHING
    ELSE IN PARIS. Located in various parts of the city. We went to the
    one on the Champs-Elysees. Buy a sampler of all the macaroons. It’s
    pricey but sooooo worth it.

Recommended for:FoodiesVegetarian
    Harold Smith-Franzen (@smithfranzen)
    5 Aug 13, 2014

Ladurée is a must-visit in Paris. In my opinion, they serve the best macaroons on the planet (sorry Pierre Herme). A wide variety of flavors. My personal favorites are salted caramel and vanilla.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesLocal CultureLuxury Travelers
  • LaduréeCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Audrey Lo "@GogobotAudrey"
    5 Aug 14, 2014

Best Macaroons I've ever had and totally worth the wait! Make it a destination when you visit Paris!!

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodies
    Daniela Doig
    5 Aug 13, 2014

Who said macaron? My favorites!!!! Pistachio, Chocolate and Framboise are the most popular ones!

Lucy Swift Weber Youdovin
    5 Aug 14, 2014

The prettiest of all the Laduree locations in Paris, this restaurant on the champs is always busy and service can be terrible, but it's still my favorite Laduree. Along with the classic restaurant, a new, very modern and trendy bar has opened at this location and the food and drinks are meant to be great. This branch of Laduree was the perfect place for my bridesmaids luncheon, which we held in a private room upstairs. Everyone at Laduree was incredibly helpful, prior to the luncheon and they even let me design a custom menu, because I wanted something lighter than what they normally offer. We ate six different appetizers, all of which were savory versions of traditional sweets and all were great, but the basil and tomato tart was everyone's fave. (N.B. my shared pictures of Laduree were taken by Corbin Gurkin, at my bridesmaid luncheon)

Susan Lee
    5 Aug 14, 2014

If you love macarons, Laduree is the place to be. They have a dine-in cafe and a shop right next door if you just want some pastries to go. Definitely try the "fluff" filled macarons like the almond one. The filling is like a flavorful marshmallow and you have with the delicious cookie coating on the outside.. Wait in line to pay for the items you want first and then move to the right where they will ask you what flavors you want and package it for you.

Jin Yoo-Kim
    5 Aug 14, 2014

this place is so epic. i can't believe how wonderful it is. i spent way too much money here. i bought a huge box of macarons that we devoured in three days. i even made a video about it: https://www.tripfilms.com/Travel_Video-v78791-Paris-Laduree-Video.html

• LaduréeCommunity ManagerPro 2014
    Yen Phan
    5 Aug 14, 2014

One if the best macarons anywhere. It is fresh, soft, flavorful, and decadent. They have a few shops all around and even one in New York. The store also sells fragrances and other home products, and they have a restaurant attached to the shop.

Abla Triki M
    5 Aug 13, 2014

no comments! it's a MUST do:))

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureLuxury Travelers

Abby Wadsworth
    Recommended for:Luxury TravelersFoodies
    Celeny Da Silva
    4 Aug 14, 2014

Ladurée is probably the best ‘macaroon’ shop in Paris! It is also great for a light lunch with a glass of wine and/or tea/coffee/pastries that are all delicious. The engine of the business revolves around the delicious collection of 'macaroons' of exotic flavors including blackcurrant violet, Caramel with salted butter, orange Blossom and liquorice- Lemon, etc.

• LaduréeAmbassadorPro 2014
    Katie Pierce
    4 Aug 14, 2014

A little overhyped but nonetheless worthy of a visit. Macaroons are overpriced but still delicious. I'm a bigger fan of Pierre Herme.

Android Team
    4 Aug 13, 2014
    Natasha B
    4 Aug 14, 2014

Ladurée is probably the most famous brand of macarons in Paris! I have to admit that I prefer Pierre Hermé's macarons (as I find Ladurée's flavors too classic and not as creative/daring), but Ladurée is a close second! Their teahouse/restaurant on the Champs Elysées is really beautiful and eating one of their delicate pastries, while surrounded by the regal décor, really makes you feel like a princess! There are boutiques all over the city (and at the CDG airport) and they make great gifts as even their packaging is really gorgeous!

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversBusiness TravelersFoodiesLuxury Travelers
    Trina D.
    5 Aug 19, 2014

The macarons at Ladurée cannot be beat. They are the BEST that I've ever had. 5 glorious stars. I came here during the day to buy a box to take home and the lines were long. They move quickly though and most of the staff speak English. Everyone was really nice. I did have to yell over the noise as I was ordering but it was worth it.

As we were there, we considered having tea or dinner later in the day at Ladurée. Dinner won out when I saw the menu. They had foie gras and they had a prix fixe menu. I quickly asked the hostess if we could make a reservation and she was quite helpful. If you want to have dinner at a busy restaurant in Paris, make a reservation in advance. One day, if I'm back, I may come here for tea because the macarons are that fantastic. They also have a full bar in the back. The restaurant is pretty big inside.

Once we came back for dinner we just told the hostess about our reservation and we were seated upstairs in the corner. I decided not to drink because the prix fixe was already 51 euro. The maitre d' asked us if we would like water and gave us two choices: still or gas. We said "still" but didn't realize we could have ordered tap. Instead, they brought us a 750 ml bottle of Evian which cost about 8,10 euro. Once we realized that we were paying for water and sparkling lemonade, we sat and drank every last drop of it.

For my prix fixe, I went with the pan-seared foie gras with apples, lamb encased in puff pastry with black truffle mashed potatoes, fruit roll mouse cake, and vanilla

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureLuxury TravelersWellness
    Grace C.
    4 Aug 19, 2014

wow. This place is known for their macarons, but we also went for dinner after looking at the menu after we picked up said macarons. Macarons are 5 stars! The 4 is really for the dinner

It's not cheap at all for a meal. It is definitely up there, however, the food was pretty good. Was it worth the large price tag, I don't know. I'm still going to have to think about it.

We went for the prix fixe dinner, which I didn't partake in because I had a mild case of food poisoning that I was recovering from and honestly probably would have been okay with just a bagel. I ordered the mini burgers (basically 4 sliders) and my friend got the prix fixe with foie gras and lamb with dessert, oh and it comes with 2 macarons. She loved her meal, and my burgers were quite yummy, with the 4 huge fries. It was not a pile of french fries, just these large fat logs of fried potatoes.

They come out with a dessert tray and let us pick from it - there are also other options in the menu that they make. After a recommendation from our waitress, we chose this mixed berry, cakey creamy thing that was pretty delicious. Glad she recommended it to us.

Unfortunately our waiter (guy that helped us before our waitress) didn't ask us if we wanted tap water and just brought us a 1 Liter bottle of still Evian which we had to pay for. We weren't exactly thrilled with that, since a) there was only 2 of us, the 500mL size would have been fine especially since we also ordered sodas b) we had to PAY for the 1L bottle c) we could have gotten FREE tap water.

Established in 1862, Laduree is a restaurant as well as, more famously, a bakery turning out macarons, the brightly colored French biscuits. The first location is here on the Champs-Elysees, but two others on the Rue du Royal and the Boulevard Haussman are evidence of Laduree's quality and popularity.

922 people visited Ladurée