L'Aroma Cafe

85 Newbury St., Boston, MA 02116

Lorrie M

What a cute little cafe nested in between the boutique shops of Newbury St! I actually had a hard time finding this place when I went looking because you actually have to walk down a small flight of stairs since it is almost in the basement on the street. There is outdoor seating during nicer weather but the day I went it was raining quite a bit.

Walking in, immediately the cozy cafe filled me up with warmth. There was a casual coat rack on the side and more stairs to get down to the coffee counter level.

I admit, when I saw the pastry offerings, my mouth watered a bit and I ended up with a gigantic slice of Boston Cream Pie. I didn't know Boston Cream Pie was actually ... a cake (lol, perhaps I'm wrong? but I think this is what I saw all over Boston ...) but it was a delicious cake nonetheless!

They have good coffee and the baristas are very nice. They have a variety of food offerings and this is the perfect little spot for some people watching since people gather here for all kinds of purposes from studying to meeting up with clients and old friends. I also discovered the magic of Hunters boots here. Thank you quaint little coffee joint!

Mary M