Le Jules Verne

2e Etage de la Tour Eiffel, Paris 75007, France

• Le Jules Verne

Went here a few days ago during my first visit to Paris! After reading many of the reviews on here, I'm really surprised that my dad and I were able to get in without a reservation! We had taken a boat cruise on the Seins River right by the Eiffel Tower, and were looking for a place to eat. We walked over to the tower just to take some pictures, and wanted to go up, but only one of the elevators was working (the one used for Jules Verne). We took a look at the menu outside, and then walked into the ground floor lobby where their seating host was standing. He asked us for our reservation name, but we told him we didn't have one. After calling the restaurant up above for a few minutes, he was able to make arrangements for us and we were able to dine at the restaurant!

As soon as we got up to the restaurant, I felt extremely underdressed. I was wearing my normal street clothes (jeans, shirt, flip flops), while everyone there was dressed formally in suits and pretty dresses. I'm sure everyone else there had booked their reservations way in advance. I would say that 60% of the people there were tourists (mostly American), but there was a French couple seated next to me and my dad who were overly affectionate.

Our original table was not next to the window, but I couldn't complain because we were lucky enough to even get into the restaurant on a walk-in! Also, it was really great because after one party seated next to the window finished and left the restaurant, the waiter asked if we wanted to move to that table so that we would be able to have a better view of the city. This was really great because they moved all of our plates, glasses, etc. from our old table to our new table, and we were able to have a great view of the city! I definitely think that it's only worth it to eat up there if you're seated directly next to the glass :) The view is incredible and you can see everything in Paris for miles around!

This restaurant is EXTREMELY pricy. Also, it seemed like if you weren't getting the tasting menu, you HAD to get one appetizer, one main course, and one dessert.

I ended up getting:

Appetizer: Cookpot of tender potatoes and black truffle
    Main course: Bresse poultry breast with tarragon, spring vegetables
    Dessert: Fully chocolate souffle

Appetizer was pretty good. I loved the potatoes and black truffle, but there was a salad-type thing on top of it which I wasn't so fond of. Worst course for me was the poultry breast. Lacked flavor, was strangely in the shape of a rectangle, and the vegetables on the side were not good at all. The chocolate souffle was good, but not the best I've ever had. It also came with some type of alcohol-infused sorbet. We were also give complementary macaroons, cookies, chocolate truffles, and marshmallows for dessert.

Overall, I think the food was definitely overrated and overpriced. For my dad and I, our bill was 386 euros ($500+ USD), and I do not think that meal was worth it. You're definitely paying for the view at this restaurant!

One thing that I DID especially enjoy was the service. The waiters were there assisting you for every little thing, from pushing/pulling out your chair when you sit or get up, to pouring your water or other beverage for you every time you drained your glass, to walking with you to the bathroom. I really felt like a princess because of how much they waited on me :)

There aren't any balconies on the same level as the restaurant for people to go outside and admire the view, but there is a staircase and elevator that takes you to a level below the restaurant, where you can go outside and take pictures, etc. This level is also the same one that regular visitors have access to (those who aren't dining at the restaurant), so you'll be surrounded by a lot of other people down there.

Overall, I think it was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me to eat here! Service was excellent, and the view was the best you could ever get in Paris. However, the food was extremely overpriced and not worth the money. I don't know if I'll ever be back again, but it was definitely something I enjoyed just to say I dined at the Eiffel Tower in Paris :)

• Le Jules Verne

Alain Ducasse restaurant on the Eiffel Tower. Truly stunning meal. Book for lunch when it's easier to get a reservation and it's slightly less expensive. It may sound touristy but it's a real treat.

• Le Jules Verne

This is 5 star restaurant on the 2nd level of the Eiffel Tower. The food was rich and full of flavor, Our view was spectacular, the service was impeccable and the staff was funny & friendly.

• Le Jules Verne

Set atop the Eiffel Tour, this ultra-exclusive restaurant blends the best of gourmet French cuisine with spectacular views of the city. Expensive but worth it, especially for a once-in-a-lifetime occasion like a honeymoon. Reservations must be booked about 6 months in advance but it promises an amazing meal and the most romantic view of all of Paris.

• Le Jules Verne

A very nice restaurant situated on the second floor of the Eiffel tower. So you'll be enjoying both GREAT food and a great view. We hosted my mom's 60th birthday there, and I still remember how great and tasty the food was.

• Le Jules Verne

Exquisite! A once in a lifetime experience that I hope to experience again.

Recommended for:Luxury TravelersBusiness TravelersFoodies

Alain Ducasse is behind the menu at this classic French restaurant on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower itself.

320 people visited Le Jules Verne