Le Relais Montmartre

6 rue Constance, 75018 Paris, France
Le Relais Montmartre

• Le Relais Montmartre

This cute hotel located in a quiet street off Rue Lepic is perfect for those wanting to explore the lively Montmartre/Pigalle area of Paris but have a safe and tranquil spot to return to at night. The lobby reminds me of my Aunt’s living room with a fireplace surrounded by armchairs and lots of floral details. The rooms are cozy but reasonably sized and feel more like those seen in a country bed and breakfast, which is a pleasantly surprising for this area of town. There is a dining area with bright yellow chairs and tables where you can enjoy breakfast, but at 15 Euros extra I would prefer to go to one of many bakeries nearby. It is also very close to two metro stations (the 12 and 2 lines) that quickly take you to the center of Paris.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersNightlife Lovers
  • Le Relais Montmartre

Thoroughly enjoyed staying on this side of town, where you find both the seedy ambiance of Pigalle and majesty of Montmarte and the Sacre Coeur. The hotel is very basic, but there are lots of awesome restaurants and pub around that are open late.

• Le Relais Montmartre

Excellent choice if you like the Montmartre area. The rooms are quite, private and clean. Staff is also friendly and speak good English.

• Le Relais Montmartre

My boyfriend and I spent a weekend in Paris last September and did not book any hotels in advance. It was a challenge not having any solid plans, or much money to spend, but we managed to find a few places that could accommodate us. The first night, we stayed at Le Chat Noir, which was more of a novelty than anything else. Being a first-timer to Paris I was not quite prepared for the seediness of Boulevard de Clichy, and it definitely wasn’t the romantic scene of Paris that I had envisioned. But at least we had an extremely comfortable bed to escape to at the end of the day. The only real complaint I had about Le Chat Noir was that the shower was a very strange design. It did not have a door on it and the floor was completely flat, so all the water just ran out of the shower and got everything else wet. It was very peculiar.

The next day my boyfriend and I decided we wanted a change of scenery, so we spent a couple of hours pounding the pavement in Montmartre looking for another hotel to crash in. Several turned their noses up at us, most were too expensive, but eventually we found one that we really liked, which was also rather affordable: Le Relais Montmartre. The concierge, Vincent, was extremely nice. He was very genuine, sweet, friendly, and accommodating. He could tell that my French was not very good and instead of snobbishly speaking rapid-fire French back to me, he kindly offered to speak in English. He gave us the keys to a few rooms that were available and let us have a gander at our own leisure. He offered us 20 euros off the base price, so we paid something like 140 instead of 160. The rooms were all very charming, each one unique with its own style of understated European elegance. We had a hard time choosing but eventually settled on a small double, with a light blue color scheme and lovely exposed beams. Our window looked over a pretty courtyard. The hotel was extremely quiet, as the other guests were very respectful and it was situated on a little side street, away from traffic noise. The bathroom had a great bathtub for soaking and relaxing in. The bed was nothing extraordinary but it was comfortable enough to pass out on after a long day of trekking around Paris. I would definitely stay at Le Relais again, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a cozy, romantic, peaceful place to stay in Paris.

Showing Lowest Prices(Avg. nightly price)

This recently renovated hotel has retained a quaint charm of a family inn. Staff gets good marks for being welcoming and helpful with tourist information. Internet is available, but getting connected can be tricky.

39 people visited Le Relais Montmartre

• Wake Up Service
  • Family Rooms
  • Safe
  • Mini Bar In Room

Excellent!576 reviews across the web.

• Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
  • Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
  • Service
    100% found the staff to be very friendly.
    Excellent value for money, said 100%.
    97% thought it was clean.
    94% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
  • Room
    89% thought it was pleasantly quiet.
    Recommendable restaurant.