- Altitude 360Millbank Tower, 21-24 Millbank, London SW1P 4QP, United Kingdomrecommended Altitude 360Good club with great views but VIP pricing is dishonest and service patchy on NYE. Still the fireworks are amazing from that vantage point and you'll have a good time. Not sure about the rest of the ... read moreyear.D'Maris Coffman
Wouldn't do it again for nYE, but had good experiences here lately. The views are amazing.
- Oxo Tower Restaurant8th Floor, Oxo Tower Wharf, Barge House Street, South Bank, London SE1 9PH, United Kingdomrecommended Oxo Tower RestaurantMore expensive of the two restaurants. The other is the brasserie. Good but not great new British cuisine. But most people come for the view, which is awesome!
- Orrery55-57 Marylebone High Street, London W1U 5, United Kingdomrecommended OrreryClassic French restaurant that lives up to its rep. But wine is overpriced and service a bit up itself! Also they really need to do something about the aircon after the room fills up. Got unpleasantly ... read morehot towards the end (around 22.30).
- St Martins Lane Hotel45 St Martins Lane, London WC2N 4HX, Englandrecommended St Martins Lane HotelHip, modern and not outrageously priced, but rooms are smallish and cramped. Better for a tryst than a business trip. But if you're playing that game, stick with the Ritz or Savoy.
- The Soho Hotel4 Richmond Mews, London W1D 3DH, Englandrecommended The Soho HotelThis is a great hotel and the cocktail bar is fabulous. We went there on the day after Halloween, when Soho was teeming, and found it a refuge. Wonderful service, terrific sense of style, and all ... read morearound top hotel.
- The Cavendish London81 Jermyn St | St. James's, London SW1Y 6JF, Englandrecommended The Cavendish LondonVery modern, smart, elegant. Great for business travel, families and couples but not much storage space for extended stays. High end of four star range. It's a nice place to stay on either business or ... read morepleasure.
- Club Gascon57A West Smithfield, London, United Kingdomrecommended Club GasconFabulous restaurant. Marvellous food, impeccable service, may just be london's best value at the moment for couple's dining! It really is top of the tree.
- The Lamb94 Lamb's Conduit Street, London, Greater London WC1N 3LZ, United Kingdomrecommended The LambMy favorite Bloomsbury haunt. More than one relationship of more than one kind started here. Great beers, fabulous food (they do a really good burger and chips with Scottish beef) and lovely, ... read moreVictorian fixtures and ambience. Just fun all around.
- The British MuseumGreat Russell Street, London WC1B 3 United Kingdomrecommended The British MuseumArguably the world's single greatest museum. Don't miss the Assyrian reliefs, the Rosetta stone, the Elgin marbles, the Lewis Chessmen, etc. If you can read without moving your lips, you owe it to ... read moreyourself to spend an afternoon here. And if you can't, ask your parents to take you here.recommended The British MuseumWith more than 7 million objects on display in its 2 miles of corridors there is something for everyone at the British Museum. You can explore objects like the Elgin Marbles, the Rosetta Stone, ... read moreEgyptian mummies, Samurai armor, and the Portland Vase. I would highly suggest the 30 minute free eyeOpener tour.
recommended Hyde ParkGreat place to spend the day especially in spring. Kids will love it, especially little ones. There is something for everyone and it's a huge park to explore so plan on spending a day or just many ... read moreweekend afternoons.
- The Delaunay55 Aldwych, WC2B 4BBrecommended The DelaunayGreat place to lunch or brunch near LSE on Aldwych. Not cheap, but the food is excellent. There's also a coffee counter that does good cappuccinos and somewhat less good pretzels. Good place for a ... read morelunch date.
- Trafalgar SquareTrafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DX United Kingdomrecommended Trafalgar SquareCharming and slightly shameless monument to empire, this is for many of us the centre of London. If you've not started a romance amongst the pigeons, you are not a Londoner!
- Duck & WaffleHeron Tower, 110 Bishopsgate, EC2N 4AYrecommended Duck & WaffleGo early as it can get v crowded. Great views. Signature dish is tasty if a little contrived. But on a clear day, this is worth it for the views and the mimosas!
- Museum of London150 London Wall, City of London, United Kingdomrecommended Museum of LondonHas an outstanding exhibition on the Great Fire. Really interesting museum, especially for kids. You can easily spend a couple hours here on a weekend or even just an afternoon.recommended Museum of LondonStart your trip in London here if you want to understand the city's history. Then find a walking tour that covers some of your interests. It is a great introduction before exploring the sites of ... read moreLondon on your own.
- Tower of LondonTower Hill, London EC3N 4AB United Kingdomrecommended Tower of LondonAnnoyingly expensive and over-touristed, but you can't not do it, especially with a family. Wonderful exhibits for all ages and pretty much emblematic of London. Plus the crown jewels are cool too.
- Hung Drawn & Quartered26-27 Great Tower Street, London, United Kingdomrecommended Hung Drawn & QuarteredGreat vintage pub with grizzly name near the Tower of London. Great place to watch Rugby and my bf at the time assured me the beers were 'pukka.' Nice place to go after a hot summer ay at the Tower. ... read moreNot too touristed.
- George Inn75-77 Borough High Street, Southwark, London, United Kingdomrecommended George InnIn many ways, this is more a museum than a pub. Literally so as it's run by English Heritage, but it is a great old inn off Borough High Street that dates back about 500 years. Makes a bit out of the ... read moreconnections to Shakespeare and Dickens.
- Borough Market8 Southwark Street, London SE1 1TLrecommended Borough MarketLove this place. Amazing cheeses, butchers, fishmongers, chorizo, bakers, green grocers. If you live nearby, you don't need to shop for food anywhere else!
- Camden MarketCamden High Street, London, Greater London NW1 8NH, United Kingdom
- Fortnum & Mason181 Piccadilly, London W1A 1ER, United Kingdomrecommended Fortnum & MasonKnown as the world's most elite grocery store. From the vintage Krug champagne to the Scottish smoked salmon, this is an experience you will never forget. Aged balsamic vinegar and white truffle oil ... read morerub shoulders with Beluga caviar, foie gras with truffles, chewy, chocolate Florentines and rare and special Panama Esmeralda coffee. They have wines and spirits are more than equal to the challenge; Dom Perignon Rosé, D’Oliveras Boal Madeira and a Bowmore 25-year-old single malt are just a hint of the many pleasures to be found inside.
- Tate ModernBankside, London SE1 9TG United Kingdomrecommended Tate ModernThe Tate Modern is London's largest repository of modern art. It houses British and foreign works from 1900 to the present and is housed in a old power station. Its massive Turbine Hall is known for ... read moreits special exhibits. Works here often fill entire rooms and are one of a kind. If you are a modern art lover, don't miss the Tate.
- London Eye Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7PBrecommended London EyeNo trip to London is complete without a ride on the London Eye. At one point, the world's largest Ferris wheel, the Eye offers views for 25 miles in every direction on a clear day. There are 32 large ... read moreglass pods that take you on an amazing 30 minute ride. An absolute must see during the day, and a stroll around the base at night is almost as amazing, offering views of big ben and the houses of parliament across the river.