- Cleveland Museum of Art11150 East Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44106-1711recommended Cleveland Museum of Artrecommended Cleveland Museum of ArtThis is one of the finest free art museums in the world: full stop. Located in the lovely University Circle area, the CMA has outstanding collections of Asian art, European and contemporary painting, ... read moreand strong pieces in a host of other collections. The newly redesigned and expanded buildings (part of a huge multi-year makeover) are gorgeous, and the exhibitions are well curated. I consider being close to the CMA growing up to be one of the best things about being raised in the Cleveland area. No joke.Matthew Crompton
One of the finest free art museums in the world, this is a must for any visitor to the city.
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & Museum1 Key Plaza, Cleveland, OH 44114recommended Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & MuseumWe loved this place ending up spending almost 6 hours looking at the exhibits and watching a concert in the auditorium. The artifacts are very interesting especially seeing how small some of the ... read moreperformers actually where. If you are in the Cleveland area you should plan on spending some time here.
- Slyman's Restaurant3106 Saint Clair Ave Ne, Cleveland, OH 44114recommended Slyman's RestaurantGiant. Corned. Beef. Sandwiches. Possibly the world's best deli, it's only open for lunch, and the line stretches perpetually out the door and around the corner. Great value and amazing food. It's in ... read morea shit neighborhood, but that's all part of the charm!Matthew Crompton
Another great spot for noshing. Good luck! =)
recommended West Side MarketA classic old-school market experience, the West Side Market offers awesome fresh produce, meats, cheeses, pastries, pasta and breads from a host of top-quality local sellers. If you're into eating ... read morelocal, this is the spot to shop. The market hall building is likewise gorgeous, and even if you're only here for a snack or sausage sandwich from one of the corner vendors, it's worth bringing a camera.Matthew Crompton
Also, just about perfect.
- Tommy's1824 Coventry Rd, Cleveland Heights, OH 44118recommended Tommy'sFor a long time my favorite resto in the world, this vegetarian mecca in Cleveland Heights (don't worry -- there's also plenty of options for carnivores) is a must-visit while in the city. They've got ... read morea cool, crunchy vibe, and the falafels, milkshakes, and french fries are to die for.Matthew Crompton
Love this restaurant nearby. Classic Cleveland Heights.
- Lakeview CemeteryOhio, Cleveland, Ohiorecommended Lakeview CemeteryThis sprawling necropolis situated amidst a beautiful landscape of wooded slopes and deep valleys is a treat. Containing stunning megalomaniacal tombstones and crypts the size of houses, this cemetery ... read moreis a relic of a bygone time when Cleveland was one of America's richest and most important industrial cities. Buried here you can find John D. Rockefeller (beneath a 60-foot-high obelisk!) as well as the mausoleum of former president James Garfield, an enormous structure with stunning views over Cleveland and the lake during open hours. As a sculpture park and nature preserve, the cemetery is one of America's finest.Matthew Crompton
Gorgeous place for a wander, and stunning views of the city and the lake from the Garfield Memorial.