Leo Carrillo State Park
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 51%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (4)
- Leo Carrillo State ParkMay 02, 2013
Far from real wilderness camping, *ahem, you're in Malibu* but really one of my favorite places to pitch a tent and eat. You are 1 minute walking distance away from the breathtaking state beach/cove.
- Bathroom stalls for families or single
- Coin-operated showers
- A CONVENIENCE STORE with all your camping needs. And surprisingly, the items are fairly priced. (If I was the owner of this store, I'd overcharge like, "HA HA HA too bad you ran out of firewood. That'll be $30 for 4 pieces, please"). But they're market priced, they're nice.
- Park rangers give out maps for you, so you know exactly where all the things are trash bins, water tanks, store, etc.
- AWESOME hiking trails - plenty and scenic
And yeah, this is pseudo-camping because all these things are so convenient. Although I would love to camp Bear Grylls style (no I don't), camping next to the beach is the major perk
Remember to reserve your spot online http://www.reserveamerica.com because they are always always sold out and/or booked. It's about $30/per night, not including reservation fees.
- Leo Carrillo State ParkMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 2First to ReviewMar 11, 2013
Not nearly as large as Zuma but usually also not as crowded. It is also dog friendly (as long as leashed). The best waves are at the northern end, where you will also find the surfers.
- Leo Carrillo State ParkMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersBackpackersJan 01, 2013
Nice beach north of Malibu. This area has cool tide pools for the kids. We found star fish, muscles, snails and other assorted animals. There is a clean bathroom on the beach. Free parking on Pacific Coast Highway. There is also paid parking.