- C.R. Smith Museum4601 Highway 360, Fort Worth, TX 76155-2123
- Greyhound Bus Lines205 S Lamar St, Dallas, TX, United Statesrecommended Greyhound Bus LinesA relatively pleasant experience for the most part. I was just about able to stretch my legs out completely, there was so much leg room. I was thinking, Hell, I would rather do 8 hours on this thing ... read morethan 8 hours on a plane. At least on a bus, you can stare out the window and watch stuff go by. And also there are the rest stops where you can get out and stretch your legs or go into the gas station and use a real toilet. Try doing that on a plane at 40,000 feet.Patty Drew
Check the Greyhound site. http://www.greyhound.com/
commented on this trip
Try TaskRabbit.com for unconventional transportation options. Or there's also GreyHound - Free WiFi, lots of head and leg space, leather seats, comfortable and clean bus stations in both Houston and Dallas I know.
commented on this trip
I've only taken the greyhound from Houston ans San Antonio so but that is a pretty good way to get around, However renting a car is more beneficial.
- The Breakfast Klub3711 Travis St, Houston, TX 77002recommended The Breakfast KlubIf you are looking for some soul food this is a place to be. It is a mixture of brunch and breakfast. Wings and waffles, live music and coffee . There is a wait but it is worth it but it is worth it. ... read more
- Tea Bar and Organics Categories: Tea Rooms, Specialty Food 9889 Bellaire Blvd Ste E 211 Houston, TX 77036recommended Tea Bar and OrganicsTea Bar and Organics is such a great place to have some tea. It taste original and fresh. The traditional display of wooden tea pots and the decor has a authentic feel to it. it is a great place to ... read morestudy. Helpful Hints: If you buy their gift card and reuse it you get 5% off and also you can bring in your own cup for a refill. It is a great place to study as well Tasty delight: I liked the bbq pork ribs. Soo good!! The black tea was refreshing!!
- Juice Box9889 Bellaire Boulevard, Houston, TXrecommended Juice BoxJuice Box is a great meet up place for something cool. It is known for the fresh mixed fruit cut and mixed together with a scoop of icecream covered with condense milk. The owner is very sweet and ... read morehelpful. It is near to Fit too! HELPFUL HINTS: Ask which fruits are in season before you order.Minh Lai
It is near Fit so you should stop there
- Chama Gaucha Brazilian Stkhse18318 Sonterra Pl, San Antonio, TX 78258recommended Chama Gaucha Brazilian StkhseChama Gaucha is Brazilian steakhouse where you can have all you can eat steaks, lamb chops, and a buffet of salads. It is quite an experience! You'll have servers come with fresh cut slices of meats ... read morethat is served onto your plate. The prices are a fixed price and during lunch time it is half off. However, if you are foodie it is worth it for the experience.
- Sushi Zushi999 East Basse Road, San Antonio, TX 78209, United Statesrecommended Sushi ZushiSushi Zushi is a hip little sushi restaurant hidden on a small street. I have to admit that cosmo roll is the greatest one!
- Guenther House205 E Guenther St, San Antonio, TX 78204recommended Guenther HouseGuenther House is a historical restaurant where now it is a pancake house and a museum. It is so famous that the wait can be up to 20 minute. It has lovely grounds to walk along, coffee while you ... read morewait, and a museum and a gift shop for you to browse through.
- Magnolia Pancake Haus606 Embassy Oaks, San Antonio, TX, United Statesrecommended Magnolia Pancake HausMagnolia is famous for the fresh pancakes and coffee. The pancakes with a bit of nuts is a real treat.
- Madhatters Tea320 Beauregard, San Antonio, TX 78204recommended Madhatters TeaThis is a quirky fun and casual Tea House literally with a Madhatter atmosphere feel to it.. The website is rather deceiving making you think you are walking into a fancy place however it is a really ... read morefun eclectic place filled with personality. The place serves 50 types of tea with finger sandwiches such as cucumber sandwiches and peanut butter sandwiches. You can to pick up your own tea cup. There is an assortment of 20 different cute mix and matched tea cups to choose from. If this isn't your cup of tea, you can choose a burrito filled with ham, mushroom and pepper jack or the weekend scram: with chorizo, tortilla, and side of hash brown (which is really cut up and cooked potatoes and yam ). They give large portions and for the price of under 7 dollars, it is a great cheap eat!! the food was tasty and the tea was quite aromatic !
- Droubi's Middle Eastern Rstrnt7333 Hillcroft Street, Houston, TXrecommended Droubi's Middle Eastern RstrntDespite the old building, it such a wonderful place to shop at. It is a grocery store, deli and bakery all that same time. This store is filled with imported teas, baked goods, and spices from all ... read moreover the world. The shawarma and gyro are really really good!! It is really well priced too!! only $4 for a wonderful meal!
- Japanese Tea Gardens3853 North St. Mary's Street, San Antonio, TX 78212recommended Japanese Tea GardensThe Japanese Tea Garden is a very lovely place to visit. This is a lovely quiet place to walk about in. The scenery is beautiful. This garden is actually alot bigger than I imagined. It has a ... read morebeautiful koi pond and a walkway that trails back into a bridge. It is a a nice walk. Entrance is free.
- Majestic Theatre224 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX, United Statesrecommended Majestic TheatreIf I could if this 6 or 7 stars I would. This is one of the most beautiful theatres I've ever seen. After traveling from London and Paris, I was still stunned by the beauty. Majestic Theatre is one of ... read morethe oldest theatres in town. It built in the 1929 right after the roaring 20s. It was built to be the first theatre to be fully air conditioned. Women back then wore their fur coats to the opening. Inside it looks like a a Chapel. I saw One Republic there and the lead singer himself said he felt like this was in his top 5 places he thought was beautiful. He even wanted to wiki about it. It is just down right gorgeous!!
- The Guild Shop2009 Dunlavy Street, Houston, TX, United Statesrecommended The Guild ShopThis happens to the best vintage store in Houston. This is mostly a consignment store where you can find wonderful jewelry, clothes, furniture, and kitchenware! The money gets donated. It is ... read morewonderful!
- Empire Cafe1732 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77098recommended Empire CafeI LOVE THIS PLACE!!! I love their cakes and tea. They have such a great assortment of cakes. Mondays cakes are half off!! They known for their brunch menu as well. HELPFUL HINT: Sundays there is a ... read morewait.
- Zilker Park2100 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78746recommended Zilker ParkZilker Park is Austin's all-encompassing recreation hub, offering luscious green acres of prime downtown space for visitors of all ages to enjoy. Whether you're taking your dog to play on a quiet ... read moreMonday morning or enjoying the citywide blowouts, like the annual Kite Festival or Austin City Limits Music Festival, Zilker is Austin's natural playground.
- Rainey StRainey St, Austin, TX 78701recommended Rainey StRainey Street, a formerly rundown part of town near Lady Bird Lake, was recently renovated and has quickly become one of the city's liveliest places to grab cocktails and trailer food in a relaxed ... read moreenvironment. It's different from the East Side's hipster dives and it doesn't have the fraternity boy debauchery of Dirty Sixth Street. The unique open-aired patios of hotspots like Lustre Pearl and Clive Bar instead offer the perfect place to just kick up your heels with locals without any sense of pretension.Ramona Flume
This is a lovely, renovated area close to downtown that offers several amazing bars and restaurants.
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum605 Robert East Lee Road, Austin, TX 78704-1453recommended Umlauf Sculpture Garden & MuseumMoving collection of scultpures by 20th century American sculptor Charles Umlauf. Works range from spiritual to mythological to family themes and even some playful animals. Umlauf was influenced by ... read moreRodin and Bourdelle, among others, and worked in a variety of mediums. Indoor gallery space houses seasonally rotating exhibits. Garden is beautifully landscaped with a waterfall, lilly ponds, and is a lovely place to wander for an afternoon.Meg Brooker
Head across the street here for a bit of inspiration after Barton Springs...
- Barton Springs Pool2201 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78746-5736recommended Barton Springs PoolAn oasis in the midst of the city, Barton Springs is a public swimming spot that maintains a constant 68 degree temperature all year round. Refreshing in the heat of Texas summer, this is not your ... read moreordinary civic swimming pool. From the refurbished bath houses with outdoor showers to the Texas oak-shaded slope for lounging, Barton Springs is a great place to hang out and enjoy the natural beauty of water for the low admission price of $3 per person.Meg Brooker
Definitely a fun "to do"-- especially since it was almost 100 degrees in Austin today!
commented on this trip
great hotel and all kinds of fun stuff to check out while you're there
- Deep EllumDeep Ellum, Dallas, TX 75226, USArecommended Deep EllumDeep Ellum is the heart of Dallas's indie and blues music scene. Located a few blocks east of downtown, the area is a good place to catch a local band, then chill out with a hookah and a beer in one ... read moreof the various lounges. It's the closest thing to a funky or counterculture neighborhood Dallas's got.Matthew Crompton
For a place to go out in the evenings, the Deep Ellum neighborhood has a good music scene and a counterculture vibe. Good luck! =)
- Dallas Museum of Art1717 North Harwood Street, Dallas, TXrecommended Dallas Museum of ArtWhile Dallas is hardly a center of high culture, this museum is surprisingly good, and one of my favorite places to visit while in the city. Their contemporary art collection is particularly ... read moreexcellent.Matthew Crompton
You've already got it on your list, but I wanted to reinforce that this museum is well worth your time. =)
- Tower of the Americas600 Hemisfair Fair Park, San Antonio, TX 78205-3212
- Historic Market Square514 West Commerce Street, San Antonio, TX 78207-3103
- San Antonio Missions National Historical Park2202 Roosevelt Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78210-4919
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas17000 IH-10 West, San Antonio, TX 78257-9503
- The San Antonio River Walk110 Broadway, Suite #500, San Antonio, TX
- Alamo300 Alamo Plaza, San Antonio, TX 78205-2606
- Stockyards Station130 East Exchange Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76164-8210
- Kimbell Art Museum3333 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76107-2744
- Fort Worth Water Gardens1502 Commerce Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102-6553
- Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth3200 Darnell Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107-2872
- Fort Worth Botanical Gardens3220 Botanic Garden Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76107-3420
- Texas State Capitol1100 Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78701
- University of Texas at AustinInner Campus Drive, Austin, TX 78705
- fit - Japanese Household Products Store9889 Bellaire Boulevard, Houston, TX, United States
- Hermann Park6001 Fannin Street, Houston, TX
- Museum of Fine Arts1001 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX 77005-1803
- The Galleria5085 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX, United States
- Dallas ZooDallas Zoo, 650 S R L Thornton Fwy, Dallas, TX 75203, USA
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden8525 Garland Road, Dallas, TX 75218-4335
- White Rock Lake8300 East Lawther Drive, Dallas, TX
- Galleria Dallas13350 Dallas Parkway, Dallas, TX 75240
- Reunion Tower300 Reunion Boulevard E., Dallas, TX 75207-4409