- Cathedral of Our Lady of GuadalupeCalle Hidalgo, Calvario, JAL 48290 Mexico
- Bodeguita del Medio (La)Paseo Diaz Ordaz 858 at Allende, Emiliano Zapata, JAL 48380 Mexicorecommended Bodeguita del Medio (La)Like its other locations all over the world, you'll find some of the best mojitos around and tasty Cuban food here. Lively and fun atmosphere.
- PipisGuadalupe Sanchez 807, 5 de Diciembre, JAL 48350 Mexicorecommended PipisThey're known for their sizzling fajitas and silly sombreros. Fun atmosphere, especially in large groups, but you can get better Mexican food elsewhere.
- Punto VPaseo Diaz Ordaz #786, Puerto Vallarta, Mexicorecommended Punto VFun spot to go dancing. They have a nice sky deck to hang out on if it gets too crowded on the main dance floor. A good mix of tourists and locals who like to party.
- Rancho Jaguar63732 Bucerías, Nayarit, Mexico
recommended SayulitaGorgeous little town an hour or so north of Puerto Vallarta. Easy to get to given the airports in Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta, but with its dirt roads (at least as of 2001), you'll feel as far as ... read morepossible from the tourist scene. We rented a great, open-air house facing the ocean, and walked along the beach to get fish quesadillas every day. A little slice of heaven.
- La LecheFrancisco Medina Ascencio 2189, Zona Hotelera Norte, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexicorecommended La LecheLa Leche is the most interesting, avant-garde restaurant in Puerto Vallarta and possibly the entire country of Mexico. Leche's completely white interior--walls, chairs, light fixtures-- serves as a ... read morebroad, blank canvas for executive chef Alfonso Cadena’s colorful culinary innovations. New recipes and menus are written daily and food is whimsically served up in everything from mousetraps to toothpaste tubes.Ramona Flume
So fun for so many reasons!
- Sayulita BeachSayulita, Mexicorecommended Sayulita BeachGreat beach. Long white sand, with a couple great surf breaks (beginner/intermediate). Some restaurants along it, and a meeting place for the town. Check out the phosphorescence at night, and some ... read moregood spear fishing off the rocks at the southern end.
recommended Punta de MitaThe northern tip of the Bay of Banderas there is a small town here, some awesome surf, the four seasons and some other resorts. Low key not too much to do but lay on the beach, eat tasty Mexico food, ... read moreand surf it up.
- Los Arcos National Marine ParkHighway 200 Sur Km 12, Puerto Vallarta Centro, JAL 48300 Mexicorecommended Los Arcos National Marine ParkStunning rock outcroppings in the bay with natural arches running through them. Take a kayak out and shoot them if the tides are right. A super nice day trip.
commented on this list
Do an easy mid day trip to Ocean Grill. It's an amazing lunch only spot perched on a cliff that overlooks a private beach. You need to take a taxi to Boca de Tomatlan to pick up the restaurants private water taxi. Search for Ocean Grill Puerto Vallarta online fore more info. It was the highlight of out trip and I will go back.
- Joe Jack's Fish ShackBadillo 212recommended Joe Jack's Fish ShackIf you're craving some fish tacos (of course you are, you're in Mexico!), then you'll have to try them out here. Simply delicious!
- Cafe des ArtistesGuadalupe Sanchez 740, Puerto Vallarta Centro, JAL 48300 Mexicorecommended Cafe des ArtistesFoodies will love and appreciate this place! It's a wonderful spot to have a nice dinner out or to celebrate a special occasion. Service is fantastic and the decor is lovely.