Trip Plan Details
- Széchenyi Gyógyfürdő1146 Budapest, Állatkerti körút 11, Hungaryrecommended Széchenyi GyógyfürdőThis place is a hot tub party Hungarian style. The hot pools, spurting fountains, and thermal baths that make up Szechenyi are incredibly awesome and capable of easing the weariest of bones. A great ... read moreplace to spend a day, relax, and hang with the locals. You really shouldn't miss it.Recommended for:Gregory
Probably my favorite thing in Budapest.
- Gellért HillBudarecommended Gellért HillAt the time of this review Gellért Hill is the #57 thing to do in Budapest. I would put it in the top 5 for sure. Go up at night with a bottle (or 2) of wine. Once you get to the very top, sit back ... read moreand relax....I wouldn't go alone though, I've heard it's not the safest place to be at night. I also like going up during the day. It's a pretty good workout to get all the way to the top and then all the way back down. The views of the city are absolutely the best, during the day or at night, as you can see from one of the photos that I posted. This is definitely one of my favorite spots in the city.Recommended for:
- Central Market HallVamhaz korut 1-3recommended Central Market HallRecommended for:
- Great SynagogueDohany utca 2, Budapest 1074 Hungaryrecommended Great SynagogueRecommended for:
- St. Stephen's BasilicaSzent István ter, Szenta 1051 Hungaryrecommended St. Stephen's BasilicaRecommended for:
- Parliament Building1 Kossuth Lajos ter, Budapest, BU 1055 Hungaryrecommended Parliament BuildingRecommended for:
- Castle DistrictBudapest, Hungaryrecommended Castle DistrictRecommended for:
- Danube tour22 Bathory utca, Budapest 1054 Hungary
- Memento ParkCorner of Balatoni Rd. and Szabadkai St., 1223, Budapestrecommended Memento ParkThis was an interesting look at the sculptures/art of the Soviet area. The figures are large and imposing - exactly how they wanted you to feel. Worth a visit if you like to see that sort of thing.Leigh Virkus
We went on a scheduled tour since this place is a outside of town. Need a tour guide to explain the significance of the sculptures.
- Danubius Hotel GellertSzent Gellert Ter 1, Budapest 1111, Hungaryrecommended Danubius Hotel GellertYou realize why doctors prescribe spas to patients in Europe when you visit the baths here. There really *is* something different about the waters here. (Really; the mineral content is incredibly high ... read moreand you do tend to feel better from whatever ails you after an hour.) While the spa is famous (one of the outdoor pools actually has a wave machine, so you can body surf in downtown Budapest; and, yes, it's as cool as it sounds), the hotel is just as gorgeous. I stayed here with my family when I was in college on one of my first nights in Europe, and I was sold on the whole 'Europe' thing pretty instantly. The grand rooms and furnishings, lavish breakfast buffets, our balcony overlooking Budapest ... yep, it was pretty amazing.Recommended for:Family Travelers
- Opera HouseAndrassy utca 22, Budapest 1061 Hungaryrecommended Opera HouseI saw the National Ballet perform at the Opera House in Budapest. This is a grand opera house in the old world style. Glamourous, traditional, with the act of attending feeling as important as what's ... read morehappening on stage. I loved the gilt and red carpets everywhere.Julia P
Budapest is a fabulous city. The food is great, the architecture is beautiful, there's some cool independent art scene happening, and the opera house is really, really spectacular. Definitely go for the trip!