I want some fun stuff to do & explore!!
Trip Plan Details
recommended Sacramentowe have live here most of our lifes the zoo fairy tail town funderland and the flower gardens alot of cool and nice food places to eat and a few parks and swimming pools on eo no fruitridge road in ... read morethe community center across the stree from the funeral home and next door to a quick stop have fun dawn .Recommended for:Dawn M. Cole
have fun hope you get my message dawn
- Memorial Auditorium1515 J Street, Sacramento, CA, United Statesrecommended Memorial AuditoriumReally historical. Very pretty. Great photo op. We were walking around the area and saw that there was a cheerleading competition. It was fun to watch. It's a HUGE auditorium. We sat at the bottom and ... read morewatched some schools do routines. The place is really antique looking and really just pretty.Recommended for:Laura S
commented on this trip
- Capitol Park13th Strecommended Capitol ParkIf you love nature... come here. The trees are unique and beautiful. I loved walking here. Our hotel was right across the street from it and I would just come here to relax. It's spacious and lots of ... read morepretty statues for the vets. It's great for an engagement shoot! :D Next to the museum too! Overall... photo op!Recommended for:Laura S
yup. photo op.
- Squeeze Inn-Midtown1630 K St, Sacramento, CArecommended Squeeze Inn-MidtownIf you want to try something that has been on Diners&Dives... here it is. They are famous for their Cheese Skirt! FOOD: It is like another layer of bread. They fry it so much, you really can't tell ... read moreit's cheese. It looks like a tortilla in your burger. I like to try a lot so I ordered the chicken taco with cheese skirt. I swear the cheese skirt looks like the tortilla. It was good... but I really felt like I was going to have a heart attack then and there. I also tried the veggie cheese burger... Massive heart attack. It's tons of cheese... I bet it's over 1500 calories. That was my meal for the day. I'm only allowed 1500 calories a day. I did not finish it all thank goodness. Ordered the fries... they were steak fries... it was alright. I prefer skinny fries. SERVICE: They were fine. Standard. NOTE: * Gets busy at lunch time - NO seats at noon. I got there at 11am. * This will make you feel FAT. * You will be FAT. * Over 1500 calories I bet. I felt like my arteries were clogging up after I ate here... but it was a great place to try at least once in my life.Recommended for:Laura S
Featured on Diners&Dives... a ONCE in a blue moon meal... because it's a heart attack waiting to happen but you have to try it once
- Pyramid Alehouse1029 K St, Sacramento, CA 95814recommended Pyramid AlehousePyramid's Sacramento Alehouse is right near the Capitol. The menu has no big surprises, but the beer is good and the room is lively. I've met colleagues there after a day of lobbying, and it was the ... read moreperfect place for a celebratory brew.Recommended for:
- California State Capitol Building10th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814recommended California State Capitol BuildingWalk around the grounds and then inside the Capitol Building itself. The Rotunda is truly beautiful. You can also take a tour or visit the Capitol Museum. California has a pretty colorful history, and ... read morelots of it is evident in this fine building. It's full of sculptures and portraits, and is the working capitol of the state, so you may see the governor, and legislators at work. I was there to educate legislators on an environmental issue and had a great time exploring the halls in between appointments. Free.Recommended for:History Buffs
- Old Sacramento1101 Second Street, Sacramento, CA 95814-3203recommended Old SacramentoOld Sacramento is a cheese fest and not the tangible, edible kind if you know what I mean. Still, the tourist trap shops are good for a laugh and as far as tacky souvenirs, there is no equal. Despite ... read moreall that, Old Sac does give you a feel for what it might have been like back when the annual flooding was as expected as the Delta Breeze is today.Recommended for:recommended Old SacramentoIf you like exploring shops and eateries; old Sacramento is the place. You can walk along the wooden sidewalks that fringe the cobblestone streets or hire a horse drawn buggy. The area is along the ... read moreriver and the Riverboat is docked there as well. The restaurants range from Deli to 4 star chic; including various prices and varieties of food. There is a comedy night club as well. There is a Wells Fargo museum and a Railroad museum among other exhibits in town. There are numerous shops with a wide variety of items to explore.There is a walking path that leads from Old Sac to the Holiday Inn and the downtown shopping Mall. The capitol building is just a short walk away.Recommended for:Sheila Ward-Shaw
If you have time take a water taxi ride fom the dock of Old Sacramento.
- Old Soul at The Weatherstone812 21st Street, Sacramento, CA, United Statesrecommended Old Soul at The WeatherstoneJust your friendly neighborhood coffee joint - none of the attitude, none of the corporate swag you'll find at Starbucks and a killer patio outside where locals come to play speed chess, read the S'N ... read more&R (Sacramento News & Review) and sip fine coffee. Sidewalk tables out front, trees and leaves overhead and perfect weather all round. Don't you just love California?Recommended for:Baxter Jackson
If you're looking to take it easy, this is the place.
- Tower Cafe1518 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818recommended Tower CafeThis kitschy restaurant and cafe is located to the vintage Tower Movie Theater. Enjoy some coffee and a slice of pie after a flick, or grab dinner before the show in their forested outdoor patio.Recommended for:Margaret Seelie
Hey Liz, be sure to eat here and catch a show at Tower!
- Temple Coffee Roasterie2829 S Street, Sacramento, CArecommended Temple Coffee RoasterieTemple Coffee offers the perfect start to any day in Sacramento. Their locally roasted coffee has been winning awards since its inception in 2005. Head to Temple for their modern spacious decor, great ... read morecoffee, and friendly staff. You can also sign up for one of their many coffee and tea tastings and classes.Recommended for:Margaret Seelie
I went here everyday I was in Sacramento!
- Orphan3440 C Street, Sacramento, CA 95816-3344, United Statesrecommended OrphanOrphan is a delicious brunch spot with lots of outdoor seating! When I ate there I had the steak hash with delectable horseradish sauce, and my friend had the blueberry pancakes making the perfect ... read moresweet and savory combo! Also, if you buy a bag of their coffee you get two cups free ;)Recommended for:Margaret Seelie
Hey Liz, this place had the best brunch in town!
- Raley Field400 Ballpark Avenue, West Sacramento, CA 95691-2824recommended Raley FieldBeautiful minor-league ball park by the river in downtown Sacramento, here's the place to see AAA River Cats play killer ball. This championship team's moves are only outshone by the moonwalking ... read moremascot Dinger and the bobble head race down the 3rd base line between California ex-governors Ronald Reagan, Gray Davis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.