- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- Clothing Iron
- Family Rooms
- Game Room
- Mini Bar In Room
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 90%Family Travelers
- 80%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 69%Business Travelers
- 69%Nightlife Lovers
- 51%Spiritual Seekers
- 51%Local Culture
User Reviews (10 Reviews)
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort & SpaMember ofVegetarianLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11Jan 24, 2014
The Loews chain is known not only as a top-tier hotel group for humans, but also for being one of the most pet-friendly in the nation. The Coronado Bay Resort caters to your pawed family members by providing gourmet room service, lavish swag like collars and bedding, and a number of luxury goodies, like catnip, scratching posts and delicious (or so we’ve heard) dog treats. The most unique feature of this San Diego area hotel is the surfing, not just for humans but also for your beach-loving dogs. Pups can brush up on their hang ten skills with the “Su'ruff Camp” and then compete in the annual Surf Dog Competition.
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort & SpaAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 8Nov 26, 2013
I stayed here last Christmas eve and it was phenomenal. The service was on point, the restaurant had a menu to die for, and the decor was spectacular for the holidays. I would highly recommend staying here if you can. Plus, the spa is wonderful!
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort & SpaMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersFoodies+ 3Oct 25, 2013
Coronado Bay is a great place to spend a vacation.
It is close to downtown San Diego and all that it has to offer but is set apart and offers a bit of privacy.
This hotel is a less expensive alternative to the other major property in the area.
It is great for families offering a children's program and a big resort pool.
You also have the beach in a laid back atmosphere.
The rooms are surprisingly large and comfortable and there are so many restaurants you won't even have to leave the property.
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort & SpaMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 3Jul 05, 2012
Has luxury hotel accommodations in a premier location, right on the water in Coronado off the Silver Strand. They have breathtaking views, direct access to the Pacific Ocean and luxurious spa. I have stayed here several times, and have been very happy with my accomadation and service every time.
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort & SpaMember ofBudget TravelersBusiness TravelersFamily Travelers+ 3Jul 04, 2012
If only I could go back in time and book at the Hotel del Coronado instead. No time machine you say? Well, I guess all that I can say was that the rooms were very plain and uncomfortable and we didn't enjoy our time in the hotel at all. Add to our experience, rude staff who looked down upon us and we were done. The only good experience was the presumably unaffiliated boat/jet ski rental place where we were able to get a jet ski and go out on San Diego Bay for a few hours.
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort & SpaFeb 25, 2012
Sophistication meets fun at the Loews Coronado Bay resort! The decor is best described as casual elegance, with an elaborate double staircase in the lobby grounded by Spanish tiles on the floor. The staff is welcoming from the moment you walk through the door, and always attentive to your needs. The resort wants visitors to make the most of their vacations, and they offer plenty of activities, from freebies like movies, a kid's scavenger hunt and bingo games, to boat rides, spa services and surf lessons for an additional fee. The location is a bit further out of the way down Coronado Island, but provides an excellent view of the bay, as well as a nice oceanfront beach just a short walk away. The rooms are well-appointed and a comfortable size, and include a lovely balcony. The resort is kid-friendly as well as pet-friendly, and has three great heated pools (so you can choose to swim with or without children). My kids especially loved the ipads available for use in the lobby and the hot chocolate and marshmallows that were set out on chilly winter afternoons. We dined at both the upscale Mistral, and the casual Market Cafe, and enjoyed our meals very much. Overall, we had no complaints about the Loews Coronado Bay resort and hope to return soon!Recommended for:Family Travelers
Outstanding!2145 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- BeachBeach sports facilities are great, according to 100%.
- Ambiance96% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service96% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel92% thought it was clean.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 88%.
- Hotel BuildingVery nice building. Appreciated by 81% of guests.
About Loews Coronado Bay Resort & Spa:
Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool, a children's pool, and a fitness facility. Spa amenities include spa services and a hair salon. This 4.0 star property offers audio visual equipment and business services. Wireless
There are 439 guestrooms at Loews Coronado Bay Resort & Spa. Guestrooms have balconies. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses and premium bedding. Refrigerators and minibars are offered. Bathrooms feature bathrobes and hair dryers. In addition to CD players, guestrooms offer multi line phones with voice mail. Televisions have cable channels and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include separate sitting areas, desks, irons/ironing boards, and clock radios. A nightly turndown service is offered and guests may request hypo allergenic bedding. Cribs (infant beds) are available on request. Guestroom renovations were completed in January 2009.
Notifications and Fees:
- There are no room charges for children 18 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Self parking: US$ 22 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking: US$ 28 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pets: US$ 25 per pet, per stay, maximum US$ 25 per stay
- Facilities fee: US$ 10 per person, per day and includes use of:
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.