Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

8100 Westchester Pkwy, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Los Angeles International Airport LAX

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)Pro 2014

I dread coming to or leaving from LAX. The area surrounding it is a zoo of freeways and industry, and the airport itself is poorly run. There aren't enough security checkpoints so the lines are always long and wrapping around rooms. The services inside aren't that great. I try to stick to Burbank or John Wayne.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

Not one of my favorite airports, but it works...usually. Give yourself extra time if you have to connect between carriers, it's an older airport and you may have to go through security again.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

This is LA and our airport reflects some of the negatives of it fairly well. LAX is big, horribly congested, and spread apart. You pretty much need a vehicle to get between terminals and they aren't connected at all. BUT, it's still the place us LA natives take off from to get away for an adventure and the place that tells us we're home when we land.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

Hey, it's an Airport, what can I say. Easy to drive in and out of, quick transit system, plenty of taxi's, and plenty of people to provide assistance while figuring out where you want to be.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

it's LAX. who loves going to LAX. it's a means to an end. People are pissed, everyone's honking, and obviously everyone's just trying to get home, and away from the airport. Keep your head down, put in some earplugs and just dream of home.

Tip- if you're getting picked up, stand OUTSIDE the circle, so the picker upper doesnt' have to deal with the clusterfuck of getting in and then getting out of the inner circle.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

There are eight terminals at LAX and one terminal tailored mainly for international flights. Don't let that fool you though. I've had international flights arrive at the other eight terminals. This airport is going through some renovations so I hope it will get up to better standards like the rest of the world soon. Still, it isn't a horrible place to have a layover.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

one of my least likeable airports. it old big , you need to go out between terminal (and you cant get a cart) long line at immigration and security no wi-fi.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

My least favorite airport. 75% of the time, I'm grumpy or mad about something. With all my travels, I think I just spent too much time at LAX.

The workers can be rude, please (tourists) don't take it personal, it's just the way it is. There are times the security check line takes FOREVER. I would get to the airport 2 hours early for a domestic flight and almost miss it. It's ridiculous. Customs is the worst ever. I've been to so many countries and not one has been as bad as LAX and I've been to the customs at LAX more than 20 times. It's a horrible way to end a trip (or start a trip for the visitors I'm sure).

However, I did hear that there are parts of the international side of the airport that they have improved with nice restaurants and shops. I haven't seen it but thought I'd mention it.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

Easy to get into L.A. but they hate to see you go. Hard to get out of LAX. Best time is a late flight if possible. It was one of the smooths experience. And I fly in and out once or twice a year.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

Streets around this place are really congested. The place is really dirty. Security is really rude. There isn't free wifi.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

Horrible, inconvenient, anger-inducing airport. The worst way to introduce people to LA. Avoid it if you can!

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)Pro 2014

LAX is a must if you want to travel internationally. It's a cluster every single time I go there though. There doesn't seem to be any flow to the traffic at times and there isn't a good time to be there ever. Planes fly in and out of LAX at all hours of the day or night and no one seems to be happy to be there. Get there early if you want to keep your sanity. Make sure you pack what's allowed on the plane, otherwise you'll have to check your luggage. It's not my favorite airport in the world but it's definitely not the worst.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

I'm at LAX way too often, and it disappoints me that the airport is as inefficient as it is. If you ever fly out of Terminal 1, be aware of the fact that there are two separate sections (one's up in the mezzanine) for security scans, and that one may be way faster than the other.

LAX, can you please provide free WiFi like SFO does? That'll significantly improve my travel experience.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

Terminal 2, functional at best, security staff are overbearing and the duty free shopping and food choices are minimal. A long wait for a plane is exhausting

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

I wish my local airport wasn't so dirty and unorganized. I'm not sure why the lines are so slow at LAX. Traffic can get pretty bad in the pick ups cuz there aren't very many good public transportation options for people arriving in LA.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

I'd hate this place if I came here by myself for the first time. But since Im a regular at LAX(forced to drop off/pick up relatives and friends on a regular basis), it aint so bad! Just make sure that you have a reliable form of communication.

If you have a good common sense, you will make it out alive.

Parking is a rip. If you are going on a trip, park your car at lot C.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)Pro 2014

This is a review covering 111211 and 111911. WOW trashy and definitely not a modern airport.

Seats were ripped in the terminal. There are almost no outlets anywhere for people to plug in phones or laptops etc. The bathrooms feel dirty even when you follow the cleaning crew into the restroom.

I have been through this airport over a 100 times in my life and it just gets worse with each trip. I think that the only good part is the pick up lanes on the lower level. The upper level is so wavy and such a bad road its crazy.

Something that shocked me is that I heard how many more flights have been getting added to LAX and that ONT has hardly any flights any longer. Why, they are both run by a public Agency under the City of LA. These people have just utterly screwed over a ton of the public in So Cal.

However LAX is just a disgusting airport to me. The worst is Terminal 3 and the International Terminal (I hate calling it the bradley terminal)... but this place is just a bunch of ridiculous bureaucratic crap... its a complete hellhole IMO

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)Pro 2014

This is a very busy airport and traffic can be a nightmare. The security is very strict. If you're dropping someone off or picking someone up and you stay too long, you will be asked to move along. There are two levels:departing and arrival. I've had to circle a few times to either find parking, the terminal where my plane will be departing from and a place to stop to pick a friend.

On any given day, don't be surprised if you run into paparazzi, they're usually there waiting for Mr. or Ms. It flavor of the day.

• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

I remember coming here as a child and thinking how HUGE this place was and how I could easily get lost. Even now as an adult I'm amazed at the sheer volume of people that pass through here at any given time, and how I've never (knock on wood) had any problems getting through this airport.

Los Angeles International Airport has grown and expanded into the world’s sixth busiest airport since its opening in 1928. It serves as a hub or focus city for many airlines, including United, American, Southwest, Qantas, New Zealand Air, among others. Ever since Southwest gained access to LAX, traffic at LAX has picked up considerably as there is no longer a need to go to Bob Hope in Burbank for a Southwest flight. LA is notorious for its lack of public transportation, so be wary of traffic patterns and rush hours as you book your flights and plan your transits to and from the airport.Car – From downtown, take the 110 south and get on the 105 west. If you’re taking the 405, exit at Century and drive west toward the airport. Taxi – Fixed price of $50 either way to a destination in Downtown. Other destinations will most likely use the meter, including the Westside and the South Bay.Metro – The Green Line of the Metro stops at the Aviation/LAX station. Take shuttle bus G to the airport, it runs every 20 minutes. Flyaway Bus – A fairly good public transportation alternative to the Metro is the Flyaway bus. It runs from preset stops in four locations in the area: Westwood, Union ... read more
Station, Irvine Transportation Center and Van Nuys.

145,505 people visited Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

Aliases: LAX