Lowry Beer Garden

7577 E. Academy Rd, Denver, CO

• Lowry Beer GardenAmbassador

I want to go back right now! I loved the laid back atmosphere at Lowry's, and the beer selection and food were both fantastic. I wish we had more mellow bars/restaurants like this in LA. I found it funny that kids are allowed and that my friend and I were sitting at a table surrounded by tables of professionals in suits, young hipsters, and a family with a toddler- quite a mix here!

They have a great selection of local beers and knowledgeable staff. On my first time there, our server/bartender was Dustin. When I asked for recommendations and told him what I tend to like best, he proceeded to set me up with 5 (very generous) tastings of his top picks for me. After trying them all, I chose the Tommyknocker Bock, made in Idaho Springs, CO. We decided to have dinner there at the bar and so I ordered the German Veal brat, topped with the "B.O.M.B."- bacon, onion, mushrooms, and blue cheese. It came out in an almost hoagie-like bun, and the whole thing was delicious and HUGE. We also shared sides of sweet potato fries and fried pickles. Now I know some people are grossed out by the idea of fried pickles, but try them! To our surprise, Lowry's serves their pickles as spears instead of coins, fried in a light crust and served with ranch. Be careful when you bite into them, that you don't pull the super hot spear out of the fried shell. Yum! I also thought that they made some of the best sweet potato fries I have ever tried.

Obviously, there are many bars and breweries to choose from, but if you are in the area, the Lowry Beer Garden is great for all ages. They have a decent happy hour, and there is also a very generous weekday lunch special: "$9.95 for a burger or brat + any topping + fries or
    choose one of the large salads. Both include a soft drink. Upgrade to a beer for $3!" I liked the place so much, we stopped by for one last beer on my way to the airport. Cheers!

1 member's review